* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31429 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #270 on: 4/05/18, 08:23 »
Oh Neneil  ^hugme^ Iím sure itís absolutely nothing but doesnít make it easier. Our midwife line here is 24 hours, is yours the same? I wonder if itís linked to restarting clexane? Might just be your cervix being sensitive  xxx

Tarapt did you get checked out the other day? I notice it more in the afternoons and then evenings...more if I have a little bit of chocolate  ;D in my sleepy state yesterday morning I convinced myself my bump had gone down  ^idiot^ Got dressed, definitely not! I love stroking it :)

Afm had my consultant appointment, all fine. All my hospital antenatal appointments and scans are booked in now until 36 weeks  :o just a few midwife ones to add in I think xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #271 on: 4/05/18, 08:49 »
    Hello ladies,

Back from yodeling in the Austrian mountains now :-)  It was lovely, but after two months of barely moving other than for dashes to the toilet, so much walking was a shock to the system and my legs were killing me.  Had a scan yesterday and all is fine and it's a boy!  My daughter who so desperately wanted a sister took it very well saying at least it won't be pinching her toys and clothes!  And then we went and bought some little boy clothes and sorted out the girl stuff in the loft to get rid of which was cathartic for us both.  I'm still very tired but low on iron apparently so the midwife has prescribed iron tablets.  And I'm full of wind too, but there's nothing you can do about that apparently!

MmeG - my bump size varies massively depending on time of day.  in the morning I just look like I've had a bit too much to eat the night before, whereas in the evening I look like I'm fit to give birth there and then!

Neniel - were you able to get hold of anyone?  Am sure it's okay but it's so worrying, isn't it?  I had so much spotting and bleeding throughout the first trimester.  Thinking of you.

Tarapt - yes I'm feeling movement mainly in the evening after dinner.  Did you get checked out after your little bump in the car?  All okay?  Oh and my birthday is 29 August and my sister 4 August and it was never an issue for us.  But I have a friend whose son is 26 August and she kept him back a year because she felt he wasn't ready to start school when he should have but he's been great in the next year.  In France the school intake is done from January to December, so my baby will be one of the younger ones with an October birthday whereas he would be one of the eldest in the UK so if you move to Spain it could all be irrelevant anyway :-)

Hazy - hope you're feeling better now.  It's such an emotional rollercoaster the whole thing.

Rosy, Claudia, Jessica, Luna - and hopefully I've not forgotten anyone - hope you're all coasting along fine.

xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #272 on: 4/05/18, 14:54 »
    MadameG - Good to hear all is well. I have also all my scans and consultant appointments in the hospital booked in now until 36 weeks.

expatmum - Glad you enjoyed Austria. I am also getting Iron Tablets, but prophylactic apparently.

AFM, feeling better now. The morning was a bit frustrating. Tried to call my GP once they were open at 8:15, but couldn't get through. Then called the antenatal clinic to see if I can self refer, they transferred me to the maternity unit who said they can only see me once I'm 16 week (which is in 2 days!!!). Tried the GP again and this time did get through. Got an appointment at 9:20. The GP then called the EPAU to see if they could see me, which they were able to at 11.  I went there had a scan done and all is fine, both babies were moving around and their heartbeats were also fine. The nurse then was annoyed that my blood group hasn't been determined yet. So she tried to get blood, but she couldn't. She sent me to the phlebotomy department to get blood taken. Had to wait 1.5 hours there and only left the hospital at 2.
    At home now, working a bit. My boss told me not to come in and at the most work from home. He's great. I am very relieved that the babies are ok. Will have a quiet weekend.

Hope you're all doing good. :)

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #273 on: 4/05/18, 21:32 »
    Neniel I am so pleased to hear that everything is okay! Could they see where it might have come from? Oh the ludicrousy of that two day cutoff  ::) hope youíve had a relaxing evening and can have a nice easy sunny bank holiday xxxx

Expatmum sounds like a good adventure holiday! Congratulations on team blue too! Hope those iron tablets work some magic for you. I think my bump is the same size most of the time, itís just the anxiety creeping back in  ^bigbad^  Xxx

Have a great weekend ladies xxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #274 on: 8/05/18, 08:56 »
    Good morning :)

MadameG - No, they couldn't see any cause for the bleeding. I enjoyed the sun at the weekend. We even had a BBQ.

I have an appointment with my midwife today. Not sure what to expect, but I guess I'll find out soon.

Hope you're all well and enjoyed the sunny weekend.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #275 on: 9/05/18, 09:34 »
    Good morning ladies,

Had my midwife appointment yesterday and got to hear the twins' heart beats :) That was so exciting. She found them pretty quickly although before she tried she said she can't promise, as even with one it sometimes takes 5 Minutes. DH was really disappointed that he couldn't be there to hear them as well. :(
    We bought the pram yesterday :) I am glad I don't have to look at any more prams. We also bought car seats, used, but from someone we know. It's getting real now.

Hope you're all keeping well :)

Offline loopylulu888

• Got me an ICSI miracle!
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 9/05/18, 23:16 »
    Hey ladies, long time no speak from me. I've just read over all the posts I've missed and glad to hear most of you are doing fine. Broody sorry again for your loss :(

I'll be absent on and off I guess. I've been discharged from my 5th hospital admission due to hyperemisis and UTIs because I canít keep any fluid or food down. They canít do anything else for me except admit me, fill me with fluids and IM antiemetics then after 2/3 days send me on my merry way to begin the process all over again ... dehydration .... starving ... ketosis ... uti .... admitted back in and repeat.
    Iíve lost 7kg so far because of it and Iím really feeling down. My poo today was white so signs that because my body is starving my liver isnít coping. Had this with my first pregnancy too. I have tried everything so much so that my GP told me there was no point in ringing her for further appointments but to go straight to the maternity ward so Iíll be back off there on Friday when my husband is back of his work trip.

My day today for example and Iím sorry for the tmi but woke up at 7:15am, rolled over. Vomited because I rolled over. Got up to clean my sick bowl out and bring my 3 yo downstairs to get ready for nursery and vomit again because I can smell the water in the toilet bowl. Try and poop and vomit because Iím trying to hard. Brush my teeth vomit bile because the toothpaste. Go to the living room get DS dressed and prepare his porridge. Vomit because the smell of the porridge. Bring DS to bathroom and vomit while gettin him dressed. His gran came to pick him up and bring him to nursery and I went back to bed until 12pm when I woke up to ... you guessed it vomit again. Tried to nipple on some toast / rich tea biscuits / crackers and drink some tea/ milk/ juice / water / lucozade vomited it all back up. I think Iím lucky if Iíve managed to keep down 20oz of fluid today. I feel soooooooo weak !

Positive side baby is doing grand but measuring small , theyíve changed my due date to 11th November which is pretty impressive considering I was virginal that whole 10 days  of suspected conception. Oh well Iím just glad baby is looking healthy otherwise.

Going on the 31st May for a gender scan and my 20 week scan will be on June 18th DS1 birthday 😂

Hope to be feeling a bit more cheery on my next post and feeling a good bit better ... keep your fingers crossed for me 🤗

Xx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #277 on: 10/05/18, 21:44 »
    Oh loopy what a terrible time for you.  Sending you big hugs.   ^hugme^  I really hope you start to feel better soon.  Good news that baby is doing ok.  Any preference at the gender scan?

Neniel lovely that you got to hear the heartbeats.  My dh wasn't there when I heard mine so the midwife let me record it.  Maybe you could ask next time if dh can't make it.  Well done on getting a pram and car seats!

MadameG diaries soon get filled up with appointments.  The NHS site will give you an idea when to expect to see the midwife.  I'm sure your bump is growing at the right rate.  I popped and then it didn't seem to get bigger for ages but we look at it every day.  Wait until you see someone who hasn't seen you for a couple of weeks.  I bet they'll notice the difference.

Expatmum congratulations on joining team blue.  Did you think it would be a boy? Glad your daughter isn't too disappointed.
     Glad you had a nice time in Austria.  Lol at yodelling.  Did you pretend to be in the sound of music?

Hazy how you feeling?

Afm spoke to the hospital after my little bump and they were happy that as I wasn't hurt baby would be ok.  I seem to be picking up every germ going at the moment and I'm struggling with another cold.  Baby is getting stronger and definitely feels like kicks now rather than flutters.
    We go to Spain on Saturday and I'm certainly looking forward to having a rest. 

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #278 on: 11/05/18, 08:55 »
    loopylulu - sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I hope it improves soon. I'm glad to hear baby is alright, though.

tarapt - Good that you and baby are ok after your bump. I am also struggling with a cold and have done so since February. I seem to catch everything going around. How exciting that you can feel kicks. For me it's still flutters and even those not regularly or not even every day. I didn't even thing about recording. That idea only came afterwards... Yay to a break in Spain :)

AFM, nothing new really, but it's getting more real now we've bought more stuff... It's kind of cute how excited DH is. I've had a couple of days where I thought this is too good to  be happening to me and then I got scared that I'll lose it all again.
    We will be going to Germany for the whole of December so our families can meet the babies. Originally we only wanted to go for 2 weeks, but because our families live about 2-3 hours apart, that wasn't really possible. With paternity leave and holidays DH can make it work. :)Just need to find out how I'll get a passport for the babies.

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #279 on: 13/05/18, 18:31 »
    Neniel we have just been taking about getting passports and how the picture will be no use by the time the child is 5. If you are applying for a British passport have a look at the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport

Itís nice that you are buying things.  Iíve stopoed buying as Iím not sure where we will be spending most of our time but I suppose itís a nice problem to have.   

Hope everyone else is doing ok.