* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31430 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #280 on: 14/05/18, 09:39 »
Thank you tarapt, will have a look at that :)

Had another bleed last night, now it's just brown spotting again. Will call the MAU later and see what they say. Also having a discussion with my in-laws. Last year Christmas they came to ours and stayed for 2 weeks, so as we are going to Germany for the whole of December we said we would go to them first at the beginning of December and then have Christmas with my family. Now they are complaining, as DH's sister can't take holidays at the beginning of December, as she is taking the time off when her kids have school holidays, which is fair enough. But that's why she thinks we have to come to them over Christmas, as my grandmother and my sister are at home (my sister on maternity leave). I am finding this discussion very annoying...

I hope you're all well :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #281 on: 14/05/18, 16:15 »
    Neniel, have you been checked out,  what did they say?  Have they found the source of the bleed?

Christmas is always a nightmare with families.  We spent 3 Christmas's in Spain to avoid arguments.  But even that wasn't perfect.  It is difficult to please everyone but it is your new families first Christmas so don't do anything you don't want to.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #282 on: 15/05/18, 20:31 »
    Hi ladies, how are you all doing?

Neniel hunny did you get seen? Hope that things are more settled now  ^hugme^ Xxx

Tarapt got to love family Christmas politics! Glad that everything was okay after the car bump. Are you feeling better? Are you planning on moving elsewhere before the big day? Xx

Loopy you poor thing! I really feel for you. It seems crazy that you have got no support back in the community, especially as your body is showing signs of struggling. Iím sure youíve done anything and everything, but might it be worth calling the hotline here still? https://www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk/ xxx

Hope everyone else is cooking nicely! xxx

Afm my anxiety has started building again as the 20 week anomaly scan approaches...Iím getting proper little jabs now and again now from the panda, so I think thatís a good sign but the nagging doubts are still there. 10 more days to go. We are heading off to the Baby Show in Birmingham this weekend to look at all the stuff in the world  ;D is anyone else visiting it? xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #283 on: 16/05/18, 08:38 »
    MadameG we are having the baby in the uk and then dh is taking a year long sabbatical along side my maternity and we plan on spending time in Spain.  Sort of a trial run and if it doesn't work out we can still go back to our jobs.
    The kicks are reassuring.  Try not to worry too much I'm sure all will be fine at the scan. 
    Have fun at the baby show.  Lol at "all the stuff in the world". And I bet there is a lot of it that looks and sounds good but you'd use once.  Have you bought much yet?

Afm baby is loving being in Spain.  Starts disco dancing as soon as I sit still for more than a few minutes.  I got him to kick me back yesterday by pushing where he kicked.  Did it 4 times and then I think he got bored. 
    We are off to IKEA tomorrow to buy cot number 2 so we are prepared for our next visit when we will be a family of 3!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #284 on: 16/05/18, 11:36 »
    tarapt - I called the MAU on Monday and after asking some questions (like "how much blood", "any pain", "any clots" and so on) they determined it wasn't anything serious and I should just go home and take it easy (I was at work). They said it was probably just from the uterus stretching. I decided to stay at work and just do what I can without stresseing, as being at home doing nothing and just wondering all the time if I am bleeding again would have stressed me more. I have had a day off yesterday though. I am still spotting, but it's brown blood, so just left overs I guess. The in-laws now just have to live with us not being with them over Christmas. Frankly, I think they should be happy we're coming at all...
    How far along are you now? It's great you can feel the baby so clearly now. For me it's still just flutters and even that not regularly, not even every day yet. I hope that changes soon, would give me some reassurance I think.

Madame G - I haven't been seen, but talked to MAU and they said it doesn't sound like anything serious. I am also going to the Baby Show in Birmingham. We're going on Saturday straight when they open in the hope of beating the crowds. It's not far from us and normally it's a lot more relaxed in the morning and you actualy get to see stuff. I am sure your 20 week scan will be fine. Mine is another 20 days away, but I am also getting anxious.

AFM, I am having a proper wobble today. DH and I have been together for nearly 18 years, I was 15 when we met and my life was crap due to abuse and other things. He helped me through it and has always been there when I needed him...Now, he has had a couple of affairs during our time together, we nearly split up a couple of times, but in the end decided to work through it instead. His worst affair for me was about 6 years ago and I am still struggling to let it go. Now that we are expecting twins I get scared sometimes that it will happen again and he'll hurt them as much as he did me at the time. I know he has done a lot of work since then through counselling, but I don't want to get hurt again and I don't want our kids to get hurt. He has a female colleague he gets on with really well. He is really not her type and she is very superficial when it comes to men. I don't have a reason to be jealous, but I am... He hasn't given me any reason to be jealous and is very open about everything. I feel bad for even thinking he could do it again, as he really has changed. Just feeling a bit down today...

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #285 on: 16/05/18, 18:23 »
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the prolonged radio silence! Just been so busy.

Just popping on to say hi. We are 24 weeks today so reached viability. Hooray!! Had my third cervix scan on Monday and itís still long and closed, hadnít shrunk at all which is great so Iíve been discharged from the Prem clinic. Another hooray!

Other than that starting to feel like Iíve got a real belly now, feeling very real, just canít wait to meet the little toe rag.

Sorry for lack of personals, need to read back over so many posts and catch up properly. But for the meantime just spreading the love.

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #286 on: 17/05/18, 07:21 »
    Hi ladies,
    After a long weekend away, and a couple of crazy weeks at work, I thought I'd check-in to say hi and see how you all are doing.

Neniel, I'm very pleased to read everything is going ok after your bleed. I can only imagine how scary it was. It sounds like your scan with the midwife was brilliant too.
    You're very organised having bought a pram and car seats already. I've had little looks via the Bounty emails, but nowhere close to going to look.
    I hope this doesn't sound trite, but try not to punish yourself for how you feel with regards dh. I can't begin to imagine what you've been through, but I can understand that when there has been that hurt/mistrust in the past, it is understandable that feelings of the past change or intensify as the stakes go up (through pregnancy etc).

Loopy, my goodness, it really sounds like a horror of a time for you. With your first pregnancy, was there a point when it eased? It's positive that your little one is going strong! Counting down till your gender scan 🤞

Madame G, how are you feeling now? Are the anxieties keeping at bay?
    After my last wobble, I bought a home Doppler. I know it's a bit naughty, but I only needed it a couple of times. It's currently away in the top of my wardrobe. For me, I thought it better to do something to address the worry rather than it manifesting. Is there something that would give you reassurance?
    Have you heard of MUSH? It's a mum dating app, for other mums (or mum's to be) in your area. My friend told me about it recently. It might help as another way of connecting you with people nearby when you're feeling as you are, so you're not as alone. I'm meeting a mum at the weekend who has a new born, who had also gone through ivf. I hope I'm not coming across as imposing by making these suggestions.
    How awesome Panda is giving you some regular signs ❤

Tarapt, how wonderful you can feel more kicks and interact with your little one in that way.
    At what point did little glitters turn into actual kicks for people?

Claudia, congratulations on reaching viability 🎉 it's truly brilliant!
    I'm waiting to get to this stage before I start buying or looking at bigger baby bits, though friends and my sister in law have kept a few bits back for such as a Moses basket/crib.

AFM, I'm 17+6 today. My wobbles seem to be at bay at the mo. I spent some time with a friend over the bank hols weekend who has a 4 month old. She's passed me a few maternity clothes, and I was so excited being around her little one 😊
    I saw my midwife on Fri, and listened to the little one. It really is galloping as others had described. I found it amazing!
    DH is laughing at me, because I've started reading Harry Potter aloud (now that baby has ears 😂) 

The past two weeks at work, different groups of people have noticed my definite bump which I'm loving. I recently got a new job, in the same building, and was relieved when the people I'd be working with noticed and were supportive.

I'm booked in for Whooping cough jab on Mon, and a fasting glucose test in July. I'm not going to be able to eat for about 12 hours!!! Considering the amount of hunger pangs I get, god knows how I'm going to survive this!! 😂😫

Is anyone else thinking/doing anything for their pelvic floor yet? Last week, I sneezed and had a bit of an accident, and decides to invest in kegel balls. Never in all of my life would I have thought I'd go into this level of adulting 🤦‍♀️

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #287 on: 19/05/18, 18:11 »
    Neneil I think with what has happened in the past with your relationship itís bound to crop up in times of stress, however long ago it was. Plus chuck in a few hormones for added bonus! Hopefully your relationship is nice and strong now and you can talk things through together to give you some reassurance. Glad that things have settled with the little ones anyway. Weíre saying up here tonight as live miles away, then visiting the show tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed it today xxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #288 on: 22/05/18, 08:29 »
    ClaudiaH - Nice to read from you again. Yay to reaching viability :)

hazyshade - I talked to DH about how I feel and I am feeling better now. I am listening to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter in the car. I love the audio books :) I am also having my fasting glucose test in July.

MadameG - We did enjoy the show and bought quite a few things. How did you like it? DH and I had a talk and I am feeling better now, I'm glad I talked to him about it.

AFM, not much happening. DH has to go to India again for 2 weeks from 2nd of June, which means he'll miss our 20 week scan. I called yesterday to see if we could get an appointment before he goes, but because it's twins I need a double slot, so it wasn't possible. We will book a private scan, however, so he can at least see they're ok before he has to go. Exactly 2 weeks now until my 20 weeks scan, getting nervous.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #289 on: 22/05/18, 10:56 »
    Hello ladies, had a crazy busy time at work with a meeting in Denmark, so feel I haven't checked base with you all for ages.  Good to read your news again.

Neniel - my 20 week scan is on 1 June so just before you.  My hormones are playing havoc with my emotions at the moment - my partner says if he it wasn't totally impossible, he would think my period was due tomorrow!  I'm ultra sensitive, paranoid, intolerant and snappy.  Like when I've got PMT, I'm having to detach from any negative thoughts I'm having and see it as hormonal deranged thoughts not rational facts!  It's hard though, I know.  Re Christmas, I agree with Tarapt.  It's a bloody nightmare so you may as well just please yourself as you won't be able to please everyone anyway.  My last two family Christmases in the UK were so bad for various reasons, that after last year I said I would be spending Christmas 2018 in France no matter what.  Of course I didn't expect to have a new baby in 2018, and I'm wondering when the emotional blackmail will start about spending Christmas together, but I'm not budging on this one!  My sister usually wakes up about Christmas approaching at the beginning of December so we are some time off having that argument...

MmeG - how was the baby show?

Hazy - not imposing at all, it's great to share this stuff.  I hadn't heard of that app and it sounds great!  Just wish I lived in the UK and could make the most of it :-)  My pelvic floor is already knackered from three vaginal deliveries - I'm having to wear sanitary towels to get through the hayfever season!!  Was it on this thread that someone mentioned an app from the NHS to remind you to do your exercises?  Can't remember what it was called though.  Hopefully someone else can remember it.

Claudia - great news about the cervix!

Tarapt - glad the bump likes its Spanish surroundings!

Hope you're feeling better now, Loopy.  I turned a corner at 15 weeks with the sickness.  Hope it's the same for you.

AFM, I'm huge!  It doesn't feel like a very active baby...  the occasional flutter but not much more.  But he's making up for what I can't feel by making himself seen!  (I did eat a lot in Denmark though it has to be said!).  My next scan is on 1 June.  Slightly nervous for possibly irrational reasons.  My mum arrives in France the day before, which is just pure coincidence.  However, I lost a baby in 2004 - at the 20 week scan we found out he had osteogenesis imperfecta and probably wouldn't survive the birth and if he did would have no quality of life so I was induced and he was stillborn.  With that pregnancy, I was sick as a dog from the start and weirdly mum was over at the 20 week scan then as well.   (My two viable pregnancies, I wasn't very sick at all and mum never was there for a scan!).  She ended up staying over for a while to help with our other child as we went to pieces.  That whole scenario is running around my head at the moment, even though the odds of it happening again are like thousands to one.   But rational thoughts and pregnancy hormones don't seem natural bedfellows :-)

Love to you all xxx