* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31732 times)

0 Members

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    BFP Due date September / October 2018
    « Reply #291 on: 22/05/18, 18:39 »
    Expatmum Iím so sorry for your loss  ^hugme^ That must have been/is so awful to bear, Iím not surprised your mind is playing over the scenario. It is a different pregnancy, a different baby and the chances of everything being all okay are much higher than there being an issue. Hold on tight, easier said than done I know. I need to download that app, thanks for the link! Are you overheating in France?! Itís  been warm enough here! Xxx

Neniel so glad to hear that you have cleared the air together. Absolutely pants that he is going to miss the 20 week scan though. There is the option of a private anomaly scan if you wanted...(believe me, I almost gave in myself!). The show was good thanks but really knackering! And yes, we bought rather a lot! xx

Hazy I really appreciate the suggestions, thanks hunny :) I had a look at the app and I will get on when Iím a bit further along. How did your meetup go? Oh and the whooping cough jab?! LOVE that you are reading out loud! And brilliant that your new work team are so supportive xxx

Claudia a big yay to the behaving cervix!!!! xx

Tarapt oh wow what an awesome maternity leave you will have, so wonderful that you will all get so much time together with your new little family :) and to top it off with plenty of sunshine too! Which Ikea cot did you get? xxx

Afm we had a lovely weekend away and at the Babyshow. So much for we are not going to buy, only plan! We bought a breast pump, steriliser, pram with a freebie car seat...the anxious part of my brain is now doing flips as the anomaly scan isnít until Friday but the show offers really did save a lot of money. Only three more sleeps to go xxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #292 on: 25/05/18, 08:28 »
    Good morning ladies,

expatmum - Not long now until your 20 week scan. We stood our ground about Christmas and haven't heard any more, hopefully this will have been the end of this discussion, but I doubt it. They should be happy we're coming at all with 2 new babies. As you said, you can't please everyone anyway, so just do what you want to do :)
    I can understand your fears around your 20 week scan and am sorry you have to go through this. I'm sure everything will be fine :)

MadameG - I am so glad I talked to him, feeling so much better now. We're having a private scan at the weekend, a Gender scan, although we didn't really want to find out. We'll ask the sonographer to write the genders down and put it in an envelope, then we could still find out later, if we wanted. We didn't want to pay for the anomaly scan, as it is quite expensive and it's not long now until I have mine anyway. I just wanted him to see them before he has to go, so he knows everything is ok.
    True, the show was really tiring, I was glad when we were done and could go home. Good luck for your scan today!

AFM, it took me 3.5 hours to get home from work yesterday, it's a 25 mile journey...There is a festival in walking distance from us this weekend, so there was a lot of traffic because of  that and there also was an accident. I was so glad when I was home and could leave the car. Otherwise we're having a private Gender Scan at the weekend (although not sure yet if we're really going to find out). We're also going to a nearly new baby sale in Loughborough and are meeting with friends for Dinner. Otherwise I am just waiting for my 20 week scan to come around...not long now, only until 05/06.
    I also found out recently that my May and June pays fall into the period that is relevant for calculating maternity pay. I was paid quite a big bonus today, which - if I understand the information on the gov.uk website correctly - will be taken into account for the calculation. That will make a massive difference and probably mean I can stay home for 12 months. :)

I hope you're all keeping well.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 25/05/18, 11:06 »
    Neniel woop to the bonus maternity pay!! Not fun about being stuck in the car all that time, I get pretty uncomfortable now in the car and I only have the one wriggler in there! Enjoy your scan, itís amazing how much you can see now. Sounds like a fab weekend :) xxxx

Afm the anomaly scan is done and dusted - no concerns!!! Yay!!!! Panda was having a good old wriggle and refusing to turn back round to have the heart measured, so I had to do some wriggling myself until Panda turned to face us again  ;D so so relieved, eeeeeeeeee!!! xxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #294 on: 25/05/18, 13:20 »
    MadameG - Great news on the scan. I'm glad everything is fine :)

I am currently trying to decide when to go on Maternity Leave. I think I'll be able to cover 12 months financially, which is great, but obviously I want as much time with the twins as I can get. I am thinking going off at 35 weeks at the moment with 3 weeks holidays and then Mat Leave starting at 38 weeks. I am in a twin group on social media and am being told that this is too late... I don't know what to do... :(

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #295 on: 25/05/18, 16:36 »
    Neniel thanks hun :) I think we have until late Julyish or possibly later to decide? How flexible is your work? As in, perhaps you could set on a later date but if you get nearer the time and are struggling, perhaps start it sooner? Remember that you accrue holiday during maternity leave too so you can also tag holiday on the end xxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #296 on: 28/05/18, 19:37 »
    Hi everyone. I hope you've all enjoyed the bank holiday weather!!
    I thought I had posted last weekend, but can't see it on here. Maybe I didn't press 'send' or something.

Expat, I tried the app for the pelvic floor thing, but it said I needed to be linked into it by a medical prof. Is that right, or have I tried to download the wrong thing?

Madame G, I haven't met the lady yet. We're due to meet up next Monday. I'll keep you posted.
    RE whooping cough, at my last midwife appt, they said that i could get it done from any time now, and it goes through to baby. Have others not been told the same thing then? What were you told? That is really great nees about Panda and your anomaly scan.

Neniel, how was your scan over the weekend? Thats a massive bonus for you re calculating mat. pay. Im in the unfortunate situation that i went from 3 days (week 1 of the calculations), to 4 days working tje rest of the time. I work in the NHS, and they average it out across weeks 18 to 22. It also meams that ive not had 'the chat' yet with my kine manager about taking leave. Im hoping to take 12 months off, but I shall have to wait and see what they say. On the one hand, I feel like I've fought for this job. On the other, I don't want to miss out on my baby. We shall see what is what in a few weeks once we've spoken. Fingers crossed!
    You make a good point about when to go on leave. Would it be worth asking your midwife what might be 'typical' in twin pregnancies?
    I haven't thought too much yet about when to go off. Is there a general rule of thumb? Like 3 weeks before due?

Afm, not much to report. I'm 19+3. I've ordered a few more maternity clothes online at the weekend. I'm looking forward to them coming. DH is away from Thurs at the TT racing in Isle of Man. When he's back, were going to go looking at buggies/car seats. Hes still not wanting to talk baby names though yet. Im definitely sticking to my guns about not wanting to find out.
    I've got to wait till 13th June for our 20 week scan. I can't wait, but wish it was sooner ☺
    I had a bit of a funny hissy fit at DH today. We were out and on our way to Bravissimo for another maternity bra fitting. Not long after we'd left, I was regretting not bringing a snack. We got to the station 25 mins later, and I told him I was hungry. When we got off the train the other end, we wemt and bought something, and he packed it away in his bag. When we got out the shop, I asked him for it 3 times before I shouted "for F-sake, just give it to me!" (He wanted to wait till we were sitting down somewhere). Seriously, these guys need to learn not to come between a pregnant woman and food 😂🤦‍♀️

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #297 on: 29/05/18, 08:41 »
    MadameG - I don't think I officially have to decide yet, but putting it off won't make it easier and my boss would really like to  know, so he can start planning. They've been very supportive of my IVF treatment and everything and it was never a problem to get time off or anything else I needed, so I'd like to tell them as early as I can.

hazyshade - The scan was good, but the only one that was available was a Gender scan. So, although we didn't want to find out we now know we're having a boy and a girl. :) I only see my midwife again at about 28 weeks, so that's too long to wait before I make a decision. I spoke to my husband and we said that I should I go on leave from the beginning of September, which would be week 33. I then have 3 weeks holidays and would go on maternity leave from week 36, I think that sounds ok.
    Not too long now until your 20 week scan. Mine is on 5th June and I am excited and nervous.

AFM, We know now we're having a boy (Oskar Atticus) and a Girl (Sofia Athina). I'm very happy, as that's what I wanted. :) Otherwise not much to report. I am not looking forward to DH going to India for 2 weeks, I am looking forward - though nervously -  to my 20 week scan. I bought some second hand baby clothes at the weekend and now noticed that one of the sleeping bags smells of baby puke. Trying to find a way to get that smell out.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #298 on: 1/06/18, 10:17 »
    Hello everyone,

I can finally breathe again - 20 week scan (I'm actually at 21 weeks), and all is well.  The little boy seems to be perfectly formed and doing quite well in there, although he has been sat down cross-legged every time we've seen him so she said he might need a bit of physio after.  He's also always been head at the top, but with his face tucked down on his chest or a hand in front of it and his back to us so virtually impossible to scan well!  But size and shape and bits and organs - all is there and fine.  My iron levels are very low which probably explains the extreme tiredness and she's upped my dose of iron tablets.  And my blood pressure is also low, but she said that was preferable to it being high and is quite normal in pregnant ladies.  This week I bought a changing table/bath combo and a high chair.  For my other children, people lent me them and I had given them back.  I've still got a pram/buggy and car seats for newborns and 6 months plus.  Can't resist buying baby outfits every time I'm out though :-)

Neniel - great news on the boy and girl!  So pleased for you.  And also for the maternity pay!  I'm going to be off for the first six months and then my partner is taking off the second half of the year unpaid to be at home with the baby, so we've got a year covered between us and I can go home at lunchtime (2 hour lunch breaks in France!) and still feed and spend some time in the day with the baby.

Hazy - can't advise on the app, was just passing on what someone else had recommended.  I don't practise what I preach :-)

MmeG - great that everything was okay at your scan.

Love to everyone else and hope everyone is doing well and has a lovely weekend xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #299 on: 2/06/18, 12:29 »
    Hello all, I hope everyone has a restful weekend planned.

Neniel,  glad the hospital didn't think the bleeding was anything to worry about.  Glad you spoke to dh about your feelings and you feel better now.  How lovely you are having one of each and what gorgeous names!  Is your 20 week scan on Tuesday?  Hope all goes well.

Claudia you must be 26 weeks now.  Glad your cervix is behaving!

Hazy how did you get on with you whooping cough jab?  I suffered for about 3 weeks after mine.  Sorry but I had to chuckle at your hissy fit.  Do not deprive a pregnant woman of food!!!

Expatmum glad your scan went ok.  I know what you mean about having you buy clothes every time you go out.  Sainsbury's have a 50% off sale.  Oh, I bet you can't get them in France.  That's nice that your partner is also getting to spend time with the baby.

MadameG you are very organised.  Which breast pump did you go for?  Glad you anomaly scan went well.  Are you having any growth scans?

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Afm we had a lovely break in Spain.  Plenty of walking and swimming.  Unsurprisingly my cravings changed from chocolate to ice cream. 
    We went for the sundvik which converts to a bed.  Got a few other bits and pieces but I imagine I'll be hugely unprepared when we go back with baby for the first time.  https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/baby/cots/sundvik-cot-white-art-90385550/
    I only started noticing proper kicks round about my 20 week mark.  Then it was very occasional.  Now baby starts disco dancing as soon as I sit still.  Kicks are definitely getting stronger and my tummy moves when he kicks.
    I start my maternity a week before I'm due but I'm also taking a weeks holiday so my last day will be 17th August.  11 weeks left!!!