* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31730 times)

0 Members

Offline hazyshade

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #300 on: 2/06/18, 23:20 »
Hi everyone.

Neniel, aww, congrats! One of each, how exciting 😊
Thanks for sharing what you're planning for you leave. My initial thought was to go off from end of Sep. I'll be 37 weeks then. I'm not sure if that is leaving it too late or not? Can people give me there thoughts? I'm booked in for a 36wk scan the week before. Maybe I could go off then instead. I'd like some down-time before baby comes, but if LO comes late, I don't want to have wasted the time. Does that make sense, or am I over-thinking?
Ooo, not long till your scan either. 3 more sleeps 🎉
Oskar and Sofia are beautiful names.

Expatmum, that is wonderful news about your 20 week scan.
Did they say if he'd need extra monitoring if they think he'll need physio? Will you have any more scans?
Fingers crossed your iron/BP pick up. I've been struggling with my BP too, and everyone has said the same to me that rather be low than high. When are you planning to work up to?

Hi Tarapt, I had a bit of a bruise come up from the jab, and was tender for a few days. What happened with you?
😂😂 he will learn  😉 What made me laugh more was afterwards (once he'd stopped being sullen that I'd shouted/sworn (not in my nature), us both trying to tell the other one why they were being unreasonable 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️ I was perfectly within reason 😂😂😂
That's amazing that you started to feel some proper kicks. I'm having the odd little twinge and can't wait to feel it properly 😊😊

AFM, DH is away this week, so been keeping myself occupied. I've been out to join a friend for birthday drinks today. I felt like a hyper-vigilant smoke detector- I found the smell too much and it was all around me. Gross!
Can anyone give amy recommendations for supportive but cool/comfortable footwear?
I've been in my Toms quite a lot lately, but have an orthotic inner sole for flat feet. My feet felt quite sticky today.
I went to my first antenatal yoga class today. I loved it! It was so relaxing. They had different tools we could use such as the massive balls, blocks, and bolster cushions. It was really lovely.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #301 on: 3/06/18, 10:10 »
    Hi hazy,  Iím not sure if it was a bug going round but I had a terrible cough for about 2 weeks which started a couple of days after the injection.  Might have been coincidence.

I was out last night at a school reunion, 30 years since we left (yikes that made me feel old) and as it was a nice evening we sat outside.  Most people were smoking.  Yuk!!!

Antenatal yoga sounds interesting.  I wanted to do aquanatal but the only pool they offer it at near me is closed for remedial work so will investigate yoga instead.  Was it difficult as Iím finding I canít bend over to put my shoes on now.

Afm. Baby is practicing boxing now I think.  Some proper jabs yesterday evening.  Only when Iím resting though.  I got dh to listen to my tummy and he can now hear the heartbeat.  Got a growth scan on Thursday when Iíll be 27 +2.

I hope everyone is ok.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #302 on: 3/06/18, 10:50 »
    Iím with you ladies on the smoking, grim. And the vapers who think itís fine to do it in queues as itís not a real cigarette - I still donít want your nicotine laced chemicals in my lungs!

I canít remember my midwife said about the whooping cough jab and my notes helpfully say Ďask your midwifeí. Did you ladies in the UK book in at the GP? Hope youíre feeling better now Tarapt.

Tarapt Iím not that organised! I feel completely overwhelmed by what to buy. I got a nuby natural ultimate digital pump. There were a few companies demonstrating them on the day and this one seemed the simplest to use, with lots of settings to find the best one for you. I will be having growth scans and consultant appointments every four weeks from week 24, hope you enjoy watching your little boxer, mine is currently swimming I think! xxx

Neneil only a couple more sleeps until your scan. How are you getting on with DH being away? Congrats on one of each! xxx

Expatmum wonderful news on your scan, glad you can breathe easier now. xxxx

Hazy yoga sounds lovely. Iím toying between that and aquanatal. Ive unofficially said that I will take holiday from 36 weeks and then maternity from 38, but will Male the proper decision in the next couple of months xxx

Afm I had a trip to the midwife on Thursday night as Panda had barely moved all day. BP/urine/Pandaís heartbeat weíre all fine and the little urchin started kickin again as soon as we walked out the door. It was very strange being assessed in a birthing room because they were so busy, starting to feel very real! We also had a foetal echo on Friday in Bristol and all looked perfect there too. Feeling so much more relaxed now and starting to plan when/to get xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #303 on: 3/06/18, 12:10 »
    MadameG the midwife gave me my whooping cough jab at my 20 week appointment.

Glad all was ok when you went to get checked out.  Naughty baby causing you worry.  What is a foetal echo, excuse my ignorance?

I bought a manual pump just in case I can't do it.  If all goes ok then I will look at electric pumps. 

Has anyone bought a steriliser yet?  Are any universal?  Everything is such a minefield!

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #304 on: 3/06/18, 16:42 »
    Tarapt yep I also bought a nuby natural touch steam steriliser. It came with bottles and can sterilise in 5 minutes I think. You can also set it to dry too. I had looked online before and literally didnít have a clue! The foetal echo is an ultrasound of the babyís heart, to check the structure, rhythm, output etc. DH has a genetic heart defect so little Panda will be monitored for the rest of his/her life. Iím used to seeing DHís echos so itís amazing that it can be done for such a tiny person too xxxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #305 on: 4/06/18, 10:02 »
    Madame G, I booked in with the GP for my whooping cough jab.

Tarapt, I didn't find it difficult, no.
    It was very relaxing, and she gave points for people to adapt. E.g  if downward dog was too much, people could do cat/cow on all fours.
    It was the first time I was ever on one of those balls, and that took a little coordination 😂🤦‍♀️
    I'd def recommend it.
    I've been doing yoga since the start of this off cycle when I stopped my other exercise classes.
    I tried water aerobics the other week, which I'm going again to tonight.
    I'm not sure anywhere nearby does aquanatal, but I'll have a look. Thanks ladies 

I need a bit of reassurance if anyone has experienced this. I had food poisoning the night before last. It was awful. I rang and spoke to 111, and while on the phone was going faint and having shortness of breath. They were going to send an ambulance, but then I got a call that due to capacity, they weren't sire what time it'd be able to get out to me. Instead they told me to ring the hospital for advice, and then decide whether I should still go in or not. I spoke to the maternity assessment unit, and the lady was really lovely and reassuring. The worry was 1, if it was a bug and risk of spreading to others. 2, being pregnant and lower immune system, and me picking something up. Needless to say, I stayed in bed, eating dry biscuits, drinking water and isotope Lucozade. By evening I managed some soup. Today woken up feeling fine.
    The hospital said that it wouldn't affect baby, but it's still playing on my mind. Has anyone else experienced this and baby gone on to be ok?
    I'm really looking forward to DH being back on Thurs and our next scan

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #306 on: 4/06/18, 10:56 »
    Good morning everyone,

expatmum - Great to hear all was well at your 20 week scan :) We wanted to split the parental leave, but in my DHs company they only get statutory pay for shared parental leave (whereas on maternity leave they get 100% of their salary for 12 months), not really fair, but it is what it is. We can't afford to lose his salary, as he earns quite a bit more than me. 2 hour lunch breaks - wow - I thought my 1 hours was long ;)

tarapt - Yes my 20 week scan is tomorrow. I am excited, but also anxious. I hope everything is ok. I noticed my first proper kick yesterday, one that could actually be felt from the outside as well and they both were a lot more active yesterday than before. Good luck for your growth scan :)

hazyshade - From what I heard from colleagues who had one child 37 weeks should be fine. I talked to other people who had twins, though, and they pretty much all were born between week 29 and 35 (with a few exceptions of course). I am excited and nervous about the scan, especially because I have to go on my own.
    I bought these and am loving them: https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/kokomo-womens-sandals-p16090.aspx/
    Antenatal yoga sounds fun, not sure I could do it, though, I can't even reach my feet to put on my shoes anymore.

MadameG - Pregnancy hormones don't make it easier, that he is away. On Saturday, about 2 hours after he left I sat on the sofa crying and at the same time laughing at myself being so pathetic.
    It's so worrying if something isn't as it should be, isn't it? I'm glad everything is fine, though.

AFM, missing DH terribly, couldn't stop myself crying on Saturday after he left, but at the same time had to laugh at myself. He's gone until 16th now, too long and so far away. I am so anxious (but also excited) about the scan tomorrow, I hope everything is ok. Yesterday I felt my first proper kick, one that could even be felt from the outside and both babies have been a lot more active yesterday than I have felt them before. It's exciting to feel them more, but also another thing that DH is missing out on...

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #307 on: 5/06/18, 17:04 »
    Just returned home from my scan. Everything is ok, they look perfectly formed and have everything they should have. I'm so relieved!

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #308 on: 5/06/18, 17:54 »
    Neneil woohooooo!! Awesome news. And exciting that you are feeling more movement now. Theyíre gearing up for when their daddy is home :) I hope the next week and a bit fly by for you and you can also getting to relax a bit in the meantime. Have you got some series on the go on Netflix or similar? My DH is away for work all next week and Iím dreading it as Iím already finding the physical side of things much tougher! xxxx

Hazy are you feeling better now? Iím sure it wonít have affected the little one. Have you given your midwife another call for reassurance? xxx

Afm all good here. Lots of kicks in my tummy 😍 I am finding it more difficult to be able to pick stuff up from the floor though! xxxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #309 on: 7/06/18, 21:24 »
    Mme G - ha!  picking stuff up and also cutting toe nails getting more difficult weekly :-)

Neniel - glad the scan went well and hope you're coping emotionally on your own now x

Hazy, hope you're feeling better now, especially now your DH is home.  What did you get food poisoning from?  Could it have been a 24 hour bug?  Am sure everything is fine.  Whenever I find myself catastrophizing, I think of all those babies that were born in areas/times of poor health, sanitation, etc and think everything will be okay!

Tarapt - my baby's movements are much more pronounced now.  It's very reassuring isn't it?!

I have to say that I have had two babies and never used a steriliser at all so can't advise!!  I did breastfeed both solidly (first one for a year, second one for 2 years) and by the time I started giving them the odd bottle, it was after 6 months and by that stage they were putting all sorts in their mouth, so I figured I didn't need to worry about sterilising their bottles either and just washed them in the dishwasher or boiled stuff in a pan.  Maybe it was a bit cavalier, but they both lived to tell the tale :-)  Re breast pumps, I had a manual one and I never got the hang of it for the first baby.  Also my husband never heard him in the night, and my breasts started leaking the minute the baby cried anyway, so it just ended up easier to get up and feed him myself.  With my daughter, I found it really easy to pump - in fact I barely needed to pump, it just poured out of my other breast whilst she was feeding on the other!  But she flatly refused to take a bottle, so it was pointless  :-)  My kids also fed very differently - my son was regular as clockwork - every 3 hours during the day, every 4 hours at night.  My daughter fed hourly during the day and then did a really long stretch at night, so their needs and demands were very different and I just went with the flow for both of them. 

I ordered a high chair off the internet the other day, which is a bit nuts seeing as I won't need it for ages yet!!  But it arrived today and my daughter has put her doll in it and is using it as a very expensive toy.  It's probably going to be wrecked by the time the baby needs it  :-)  It was sweet to see her with her doll though and she's so excited at the prospect of a real live doll!

I have an appointment with an endocrinologist tomorrow as my thyroid levels are messed up with this pregnancy.  One thing after the other!

Hope you're all good and have a nice relaxing weekend xxx