* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31810 times)

0 Members

Offline hazyshade

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #330 on: 29/06/18, 18:56 »
How many of you ladies are doing NCT?
The parent classes run by our hospital are on a Saturday, and with DH work pattern, he will really struggle to attend. It makes me think whether or not we ought to fork out the £300 and do NCT instead. I'm pretty sure DH won't be interested in the social side, but if it helps us with the minefield to come, it might be worth it.
Has anyone done it before? Would you recommend it?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #331 on: 1/07/18, 22:55 »
    Hi hazy,  can't help with that one I'm afraid..  I'm booked in for parent craft classes at my hospital.  They don't start until august and I'm wondering if I'll actually make it to all of them.  Thankfully my classes are on a Tuesday evening.  Are there any online courses you could do together ?

I hope everyone is coping with the heat!!!  It's getting a bit boring now.   :-[

Not much to report here.  I seem to be controlling my blood sugars.  Had a treat this evening sugar free meringue Eton mess.  Sweetener leaves a right funny taste though.
    I can officially say I'm leaving work next month.  7 weeks and counting!

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #332 on: 6/07/18, 14:21 »
    Hi Ladies!

I'm back! So sorry for being away for so long, I only ever check this site on my home laptop and never really wanted to switch it on when I got home from work. But now I am working flexi-time from home which is great so can be my own boss a bit more and means much more time on my hands to do baby things - a good thing as so far we have done nothing! But yesterday I put our spare room double bed on E-bay and DH is trying to sell his car so we are finally getting our act together.

So I'm 31 weeks now and all going well. Passed my 2 hour gestational diabetes test which was a relief and baby was head down at 28 weeks so I can't really complain. A few pesky 3rd trimester symptoms like back ache and swollen sausage fingers but I am loving my big belly and properly looking pregnant!

struggling to decide on my birth plan. I have read too many horror stories about induction that went on for 4 days and finally ended up in a c-section anyway so i think if i make it to 39+ weeks I'll opt for a c-section anyway. But due to my abnormal uterus the midwife said she didn't think I'd get past 35 weeks  - aghhhh! I'm just hoping she is wrong. C-section would probably be the safest thing for me anyway, but its just sad to give up on the romantic idea of a normal delivery - but in the end its about getting baby here safely isn't it?

How is everyone else?

Tarapt - so sorry about the diabetes - what a pain - but sounds like you managing quite well?

Hazyshade - we are doing the NCT classes. expensive yes but I've heard really good things and for us we are hoping to meet some other couples around here who I could potentially call on after the birth so it's probably worth it. But if you aren't interested in that then maybe the NHS course is just as good?

Madame G - wowzers! that's a big head... eek! But amazing, well done you!

Expatmum2 - ugh yes the Pelvic Floor exercises, I haven't been doing mine, I actually just can't be bothered - I am sure i will live to regret that but who knows...

Neniel - how is the itching? That is a real pain, poor you. has the medicine helped at all?

Welcome Lillie! The anxiety is totally natural, this was our 10th attempt (7 rounds of IVF, 3 FETs) and in the end we had to use a donor egg so I totally get being anxious. But don't worry, you'll have your baby in your arms before you know it.

xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #333 on: 6/07/18, 15:50 »
    Hello ladies,

I hope you're all doing well in this heat.

expatmum - It was lovely to be with my family, meet my niece for the first time and see my nephew again. I've had a read through the rules for German nationality on the German government website and it doesn't make a difference where the parents were born, as long as they are German nationals the children are entitled to be German nationals. When we first moved to the UK Germany didn't allow dual nationality either, now they to for EU countries. We also had the dilemma that the babies stopped moving as soon as daddy put the hand on my belly. Now it's actually the other way round and they react to his touch by kicking, which is quite cute. We haven't had sex in a while, I am just too  big for that now.

hazyshade - No the spd won't affect work, I have a desk where I can stand up or sit down and I don't do any physical work at all. I don't really have the energy to stand up for too long, but it helps to alternate a bit, even if it's only for 5 Minutes. We decided to build our cots ourselves, as I am finding the ones I see in the shops too expensive to buy 2. I am really struggling in this heat as well, it's really not pleasant... Well done for kicking the consultant out od his room. Go you!!

MadameG - My iron levels were checked and they were fine, but the consultant prescribed iron tablet anyway.I also get really breathless with stairs and struggle to walk very far, especially in this weather.I have seen a physio for the spd, but it didn't really help and all the GP and the consultant say is that I should take paracetamol, which I don't really want to do, as long as I can bear it. Wow, only 10 weeks, that's not long now.

tarapt - baby clothes are sooo cute, I bought some tiny baby ones recently, so I have a couple if I need them and OMG they are tiny!! DH is normally really good and irons his own stuff and mine. I just felt bad, because I hadn't done it, although I'd promised. The christening was lovely, it was great to see my niece and nephew, although my nephew couldn't really remember me, we last saw him just before Christmas. He has grown so much. My parents bought some stuff for the babies, which was nice, they are very excited, even though I don't have the best relationship with them. I got some tablets from the GP for the obstetric cholestasis, but it didn't really help with the itching. I now also got Piriton and that seems to help with the itching. Glad to hear you got good pictures :) It's also good to hear that you have your GD under control. I have my test at the end of this month.

ClaudiaH - Nice to have you back and it's good to hear all is well. I also have swollen fingers and ancles for that matter, I guess the weather doesn't help. I understand your dilemma about the birth plan. I have been thinking about this a lot as well and can't really decide what's best. My midwife isn't a great help either.I got piriton now, which has helped with the itching.

AFM, I've had a growth scan and a consultant appointment on Monday and they said that there is a problem with the blood flow through the umbilical cord to one of the twins. In the report it says "PI values all plot above the 95th percentile", but I have no idea what that actually means. They said it's not great, but when I asked for an explanation and more information I didn't really get anything. I have to go back to check the blood flow and see the consultant this Monday and next Monday and hope it has improved. I also hope I get some more answers, as this really worries me. I don't want to google anything, as I am sure that will just make it worse, but on the other hand my mind keeps returning to this and I am trying to find my own expalantions, which is not at all helpful. The consultant also said that - if not earlier - the babies will definitely be delivered between 35 and 37 weeks, so between 17th September and 6th October. That's not long now. For my obstetric cholestasis I now got some tablets to improve the liver function and also piriton to help with the itching, which it seems to do. Otherwise, we have family staying with us, which is quite stressful. They are often not very considerate and my husband already had a row with them. I've not often seen him this angry. But they are leaving on Thursday. Can't wait. DH has heard back from his Interview in Germany and he has been asked to have a second interview with the recruitment and human ressource department of that company. They also asked him when the earliest would be he could start. This all sounds very poritive and makes me a bit scared now. We'll see.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #334 on: 10/07/18, 12:04 »
    Another week, another complication... At the scan yesterday it was found that I have too much amniotic fluid (Polyhydramnios). Again the consultant wasn't great at answering any of my questions and actually only had a couple of minutes time for me. Very frustrating this... Now I was told that after my scan next Monday I will have to go to see a doctor at the Maternity Assessment Unit rather than in the Antenatal Clinic to discuss my options. This is making me rather anxious. Hubby will come with me this time, though.
    Also, hubby got a job offer today from the German company where he had the interview recently.  ^scared^ It's quite a good offer, so we're considering it, but having lived in the UK for all our adult lives, this is quite scary. I feel like I don't know anything about Germany...

I hope you're all doing well.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #335 on: 11/07/18, 22:12 »
    Neniel Iím sorry that things are getting bumpy for you at the moment  ^hugme^ Very unfair that the consultant has not taken the time to talk things through with you either. Hope that Monday comes round quickly so that you can get some clarity and a plan to cook those little ones longer. Congrats to your DH though! When do you think you would move out there if he takes it? Xxxx

Claudia welcome back! Iím another one who hasnít been doing their pelvic floor exercises. I need to get my backside in gear (literally!). My consultant says that the 39 week point is a good time for induction as it has no increased chance of going to c-section and decreases the risk of placental problems, so should be the 6th of October for me. Definitely all about the safest exit route for the baby though. When did your midwife discuss birth plans with you from? xxx

Tarapt great news that your sugar levels are under control! Youíre the first one up of our bunch arenít you? Eeek! xxxx

Hazy has your DH managed to feel the kicks this week? Iím still deciding whether to bite the bullet for the nct classes. I really want to build a support network but the cost seems a tad outrageous. Have you booked them? Xxx

Afm Iím getting mega kicks now. Panda enjoys digging toes into the sensitive areas at the very bottom of my bump this week. I think weíre going to get a cheeky monkey! xxxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #336 on: 12/07/18, 08:05 »
    I don't know about you guys, but the past couple of days have been much more bearable!

Tarapt, sounds like the GD is well managed. I imagine thats a relief for you.
    Wow! Not long for you now!! Very exciting

Hi Claudia, good to hear from you, and that pregnancy is progressing smoothly for you.
    I have my GD test on Mon 🤞🤞
    I'm sure whatever you decide with your birth plan will be ok. From ladies I know with little ones, I think having an open mind is key. Some people get too hung up on 'the plan', and then felt like a failure when it didn't happen. For that reason, im really planning to go with the flow. I like the idea of a water birth, but whatever will be will be. As you say, so long as baby arrives safely.
    As for the parent class, I think we've found one that we will be able to make, without the need for the NCT. The difficulty is mostly around DH shift pattern. He works most Saturday's, and all the ones run through our hospital are on a Sat.

Morning Neniel. I think I've heard of that (but not sure), is it that one of the babies is taking the nutrients of the other? It sounds positive that they will monitor you closely. Do you know what (If anything) they can do to support the baby that's affected?
    How frustrating that the Dr hasn't done a goodjob of explaining/reassuring you. I wonder if contacting Tommy's would help? They're a specific baby charity, and may have people there who could better explain and support you with what it means.
    Congrats for DHs job offer, it sounds like the opportunity you've been after. Have your guests gone now?

Morning Madame G, no, I've not booked the NCT classes, and we've decided we won't. I've met Mum's via MUSH which has been really great. I've met up with 2 now- one an IVF Mum, and I'm planning on going to a nearly new sale with a third on Sat, and coffee with a fourth after she moves. One if my friends said she met plenty of Mum's through the baby sensory and baby massage classes. I'm pretty sure you can do those from about 6 weeks, so plenty of time/opportunity to build a new network for ourselves.
    No, DH hasn't felt anything since that first time. I saw my friend and her little girl this week. She is the most adorable 5 year old. She told me my tummy was getting bigger now, and tries to feel the baby move. She had her hand on my tummy when it kicked, but she said she didn't feel it. Then about a min later, she said she felt it kick again (but I dont think she actually did). I'll have to have another trip over there when Jellybean is a bit bigger. She is such a sweetheart though.

AFM. I was at a hen weekend in Cambridge last weekend. Boy did I struggle in the heat! Every time we got backbto the hotel, I was sitting on the edge of the bath, with my feet in ice cold water half way up my legs. Bliss! My ankles have been so swollen, even after the hot weather has passed. It all got a bit much for me on the Sat night, and embarrassingly, the hormones took over and I became a bit upset. I hung on till the meal, but headed backbto the hotel while the other ladies went on to a club. The ladies I was with were really lovely and caring.
    DH is getting on with our bathroom which is exciting. I'm hoping it'll be done in a couple of weeks, then we can start onnthe Nursery, and I can start buying bits. I've got a nursing chair this week, which is ready to be put together when DH is ready 🤞 Its all coming together!
    I sat in my father-in-law's car this week, and had a little drive. Sorting a car with back doors is my next priority, but not sure which way to go with it just yet. I find it a bit overwhelming not knowing where to start.
    Ladies, one of the MUSH mum's has sent me this link. It's about Group B Strep, and a test we can buy to check we've not got it/don't pass it on to baby. It's not routinely tested in the UK on the NHS unless there are indicators. It is not something I knew about, so thought I'd pass it on. What are people's thoughts?
    https://www.strepelle.com

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #337 on: 12/07/18, 15:58 »
    Hi Ladies,

Neniel  - I'm so sorry you are having a troubling time. I have no wise words to offer but I do know sometimes there can be a problem with one twin taking all the nutrients from the other. A friend of ours who had twins had this problem but went on to have two healthy children so I think it's just something they need to sort out, hopefully not a major issue. How many weeks are you know? I've lost count. I also don't know much about excessive amniotic fluid, gosh poor you - I hope they shape up and start answering your questions properly. The Germany move sounds exciting though - whereabouts will you be?

Madame G - so lovely to feel those big kicks! I think we'll miss them when this is over. No one has discussed birth plans with me. As I am high risk I see the doctor rather than the midwife but they seem to want to wait until 36 weeks to make a decision. The only thing they said was that chance of brain damage slightly higher with a vaginal delivery that goes wrong, but a C-section baby may need some help in breathing when it comes out. To be honest with everything going on, I think we are heading towards a planned C-section which I'm fine with.

Hazyshade - sounds like you have a lot to do! I've been thinking about the Group B Strep, apparently it is v common to get checked in the US for this but I guess with NHS money saving they tend not to. I'm going to talk to my doctor and see if she thinks it's worth doing.

AFM - ugh, really feeling the 3rd trimester now... I'd say up to 30 weeks everything was fine but the last two weeks have started to get a bit tricky. I have massively swollen ankles, bizarrely worse on my right than left but looks like I've broken it or something. Doesn't seem to be much you can do to get rid of it, I think the serious heat triggered it but its now here to stay. I look like an old granny hobbling around. Most attractive. I had a mini-scare last weekend when I thought i hadn't felt enough movement so went to the maternity triage for monitoring. Baby was fine with good heartbeat and lots of wiggles, I just wasn't really feeling them. But they did find protein in my urine which they sent off for testing. They haven't called to say there was a problem so I'm guessing that one was a false alarm. Personally I think the trace content was just more concentrated due to some probable dehydration because of the heat. But then yesterday we had our 32 weeks growth scan and the sonographer said baby had dropped from the 61st percentile at 28 weeks to just the 10th! So back to triage and I had to wait in the corridor for 6 hours to see the doctor who kept being called away to perform emergency C-sections. Doctor is concerned too and wants another doppler scan next week to check the placenta and chord are functioning properly and enough nutrients are getting to the baby. The odd thing is at the scan yesterday she said the chord looked great with a strong blood flow so it's all a bit of a mystery but certainly 61 to 10 is too much of a drop to ignore so we have to investigate. Luckily baby still seems happy with lots of movement and weights about 4lbs which is ok at this stage. I have another appointment with doctor on Tuesday to discuss what to do, but needless to say, if the baby slides another percentile or doesn't grow enough over the next couple of weeks they will decide its better out than in - so we might end up being an August baby after all...

x

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #338 on: 12/07/18, 19:05 »
    Oh crikey Claudia! That sounds all a bit strange. Ofd that the midwife saw things as all positove, and others the opposite. Great that they're being so thorough with you. How are you feeling?
    Keep us posted with how the little one progresses!!

Offline Jessica7

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #339 on: 12/07/18, 22:05 »
    Ladies I hope you donít mind me hopping on uninvited? Iím not due til November with twins but Iíve had a little eye on your thread as Iím keen to see how the twin mummies get on!

Anyway, I just wanted to say to neniel that I had polyhydramnios in my first pregnancy and all turned out fine - but very happy to pas on any info, either drop me a pm or obv ask here.

Apart from being HUGE and lots of extra monitoring, and causing a tidal wave on the labour ward, it turned out fine although was worrying for a while xx