* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31794 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #340 on: 17/07/18, 06:56 »
Neneil how did yesterday go hunny? Did you get some clarity from the consultant?  ^hugme^ xxxx

Claudia good luck today! I hope your little one has had a bit of a growth spurt in the meantime! Are you all prepped in case you do have an early arrival? xx

Hazy I was tested for strep b at booking as standard and I think I get tested later on as well. I didnít realise that it varies depending on which ccg you are under. I think it is worth knowing your status as you need antibiotics during labour if positive. Glad youíve got your class sorted. I need to get on that mush app :) Iíve noticed that my hormones have ramped up too, had a cry over not being able to fit into any shorts, cried over a review on a baby mobile and cried when making dinner for myself last night as I was so tired and DH was away with work 🙈 xxx

Afm Iím starting to feel quite uncomfortable a lot of the time. Panda also pressed so hard against the front of my womb and squashed the blood vessels so much that it made me go to faint last week! Had to lie down for half an hour and was late for work. Really freaked me out! xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #341 on: 18/07/18, 10:51 »
    MadameG - The offer was too good not to take, so we're moving pretty soon. His start date is 01/09. The scan on Monday showed that the level of amniotic fluid was normal again, but both babies aren't growing at the rate they should. They are both on the 10th percentile, which the doctor said is worrying an my midwife said is not uncommon for twins. The doctor took a lot of time, though, to explain things and let me ask all the questions I wanted to ask. That was a good change.
    That sounds scary that baby made you feel so faint. I hope you're feeling better now.

hazyshade - We now also need to sort out a new car when we're going to Germany. So much to think about.

Claudia H - I think what you mean is Twin-to-Twin-Transfusion-Syndrome, but that only happens in identical twins. Mine both have their own placenta, so this can't happen. They don't really know why the blood flow to one baby isn't as good as it should be, but for the moment they are both still growing, even if not at the rate they should. I am 26+2 today. The amniotic fluid level was ok at my scan on Monday, so not sure what that was.The move is exciting and scary at the same time. We'll me in the Dusseldorf area.
    I am sorry you're having to worry about your baby's growths, I hope everything will be ok. Are you all set, though, in case baby does arrive early?

AFM, I am now being monitored twice a week to see how the babies grow, as the growths for both is slowed down. They are still growing, though. The blood flow to one baby is still reduced, but they don't know why. Depending on how their growths goes on they may have to be delivered quite a bit earlier.
    I am freaking out a bit about the move to Germany. It's nice to be nearer to my family, but it's also scary, as all our adult lives DH and I have lived in Britain. I feel like I don't know anything about Germany. It will also happen very soon, as DH's start date is on 01/09. The good news is that I talked to my boss and I can keep my job and just transfer to Germany. I guess I am lucky I work for a great company. It's not what I want to do in the long run, but for now it'll help pay the bills.
    I'll have my next scan appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what that brings. I am glad it cooled down a bit, was really struggling in the heat.

I hope you're all well.

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #342 on: 19/07/18, 15:45 »
    Neniel - gosh poor you, it must be very worrying. How was your scan today? The girl I knew also had a boy and a girl twin so they can't have been identical. I don't know what the condition was called but i do know one of the twins was much bigger than the other - but both turned out fine. That probably is no help to you at all! But I am really glad the consultant is watching you intently. I am sure they will know what to do - have they seen this before? Wow your move to Germany is actually quite soon! in about a month or so? There must be a lot to do. Will you transfer to a hospital there? sending big hugs...

MadameG - here's to feeling uncomfortable! I find sitting down is getting tricky as the baby seems to feel squashed and is always kicking and complaining when I sit down. I have to really 'recline' so that there is enough room for the both of us  ;D

AFM - we went to see the consultant on Tuesday who was very reassuring. She looked at the growth charts and the two different scans and just said probably both sonographers had made mistakes. When she recalculated things we were closer to the 50 %tile each time. She said at this stage it can be really hard to get accurate measurements as the baby is now quite big and moving a lot in a sac of water and they only have a very blurry image to work with. So they often get it wrong, plus apparently 1mm out and you can drop 10%tile. So she wasn't worried at all and said both my chord and placenta were working really well. I have another scan with the fetal medicine team in 2 weeks, just to be super safe, but I think crisis over. (FX!!) I still have enormously swollen feet which are getting quite painful and I now move very slowly - but both those things seem pretty insignificant really. Consultant says they will induce me at 38/39 weeks - which is only 5/6 weeks away. Gosh. Still lots to do! But due to my abnormal uterus i am still at risk of pre-term labour so the baby might come on its own first anyway....

how is everyone else doing?
    x

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #343 on: 19/07/18, 16:05 »
    Claudia phew what a relief with your appointment! So glad that you have a consultant with a sensible head on. At least you have an extra scan too to double check everything (and see the baba too!). Your comment about reclining made me giggle. My Panda was so low the other night that I shined a torch there to make him move back up - it was so uncomfortable! Have you got your hospital bag packed ready just in case? xxx

Neniel glad that you got your questions answered and the main thing is that they are still growing. Have they given you an indication of how long they plan to keep them inside for? Gosh you have got some life changing stuff going on! How will it work with your antenatal care of you are planning on moving before they are born? Could you stay here for a few months and DH get set up over there first? Great news that you donít have to change jobs xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #344 on: 20/07/18, 09:18 »
    ClaudiaH - Oh, ok. I've never heard of this happening with non-ID twins, but I always learn something new :) Ours are both equally small. My midwife said it's not uncommon in twins that they are small. Yes, the move would be at the end of August. It actually looks like it will be quite straight forward, as DH company will pay for the move and for someone to pack and arrange everything including helping us find a house. In Germany you are not really assigned to a hospital, but to a Gynecologist, who has a surgery like a GP here. So appointments would be in his surgery rather than the hospital.
    Great to hear your consultant could reassure you a bit. What she said sounds a lot more positive. Lets hope pre-term labour won't happen for you.

MadameG - For now they are still growing. They want to keep them in as long as possible, but definitely not longer than 37 weeks. However, now they seem to think they won't make it until 37 weeks, that's why I am getting steroid shots now to help the babies' lungs develop, so they may be able to breath on their own if born before 37 weeks. I had one yesterday and I will have one more today. It's quite painful and not very pleasant. I don't think ante-natal care will be a problem. I just need to find a gynecologist I can go to near where we will be living. I have nobody else around here, so if my husband goes to Germany on his own and I'll stay I will be all on my own. I'd like him to be able to be there for the twins' birth and I think I will also need his support after. As his company will help us get set up, though, and my family is in the same area I am sure we can manage.

I am thinking of moving my maternity (including left over holiday) forward. My original plan was to stop working on 19/09 taking 13 days holidays and then for Mat Leave to start on 08/10. Now I am thinking of stopping work when we move, so on 31/08. I think that's the more sensible option, as it's now looking very likely they will be born in September and because I am already struggling anyway. It's all so close now, I can't believe it. I never thought I'd

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #345 on: 20/07/18, 13:05 »
    Neniel - wow what a lot you have going on. I think starting Mat leave a bit earlier is a really good idea - give you a bit of time to sort things out in Germany before the babies arrive. Is it easy to find a Gyno there? i wouldn't know where to start. It's great that they are still growing and that you are getting the steroid shots for their lungs - sounds like you are doing everything possible to give them an easy entrance. As they are still growing hopefully all they need is a little more time and they will be ready to face the world. xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #346 on: 20/07/18, 13:28 »
    ClaudiaH - Yes, it's relatively easy to find a Gyno. In Germany you have free choice of doctors, so I can go wherever I want. I need to find a GP first, but I basically just need to make an appointment, which you usually get on the same or next day. Then they give me a referral to a Gyno and I can call whichever I want and make an appointment, which usually also happens quickly. Then I need to choose a hospital I want to give birth at, again it doesn't matter which one, but obviously I wouldn't want it to be too far away from where we live. So all of this is a little different to here. Yes, I am hoping they keep growing and make it until 37 week and if not as close to that as possible. But I guess I still have to wait and see what happens.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #347 on: 24/07/18, 10:41 »
    Hello everyone,

I dropped off the face of the earth for a while there!  Been really busy at work finishing before the summer break, handing over the reins to the colleague replacing me on maternity leave (start on 23/8 but she's on holiday before that), and then away every weekend (I thought you couldn't fly after 7 months - turns out it's 35 weeks!!) but I've done too much really and am exhausted and run down now. 

Neniel - my word that's a lot going on.  We have the gynaecologist system in France too and I find they're more on the ball than what I hear from the UK because you see the same person every time and there's genuine follow-up and personal investment in you.  It sounds like the move will be a good thing long-term and that you're getting so much help with it is also great.

MmeG - I hadn't heard of that torch trick before!  My baby is the wrong way up and cross-legged so I'm wondering if I am coax him out of that awful position!

Claudia - glad you got some reassurance.  But wow - an August baby!  That seems like no time at all away now doesn't it?!

Hazy - can't believe you even went to the hen do!  Hat off to you :-)

Tarapt - how are things now?  GD under control? 

A few of you mentioned swollen ankles and my gyno prescribed Daflon for me which seems to be working.  Can you get that in the UK?  I'm sleeping so badly now too - I have bad heartburn at night and woke up twice last night convinced I was going to be sick, with a burning sensation in my chest.  So I'm propped up on pillows to stop that and if I turn over the baby starts moving like mad and wakes me up!  And the heat is unbearable right now - I'm just drenched at night.  Good preparation for the menopause I suppose :-)   I'm also struggling with anaemia and breathlessness and I'm also very big.  I was sent for the GD test because I put on 4kg last month which she said was too much.  Thing is I lost 4kg not keeping anything down for the first 3 months, so in my book I'm exactly where I should be now.  Anyway, I don't have GD so I fully intend to carry on indulging now to compensate that first trimester!  I feel so unfit right now I'm not sure I'll be able to push a baby out anyway :-)

Nice to catch up on your news xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #348 on: 27/07/18, 10:54 »
    Hello,

expatmum - Heartburn is annoying. I hope that gets better soon or you'll find something that helps. Good to hear you don't have GD. I didn't have my test yet.

AFM, I've had a turbulent week. On Monday I've had a scan, where the blood flow was still not ok on the doppler, then my consultant said that this is getting serious and that maybe at least twin 1 is better out then in. Her whole "speech" sounded like I need to make a decision which of the twins I want to give the best chance of survival. She said they would be born latest at 34 weeks and because of their weight they wouldn't have a great chance of survival. The she sent me to another consultant, who said 34 weeks were optimistic, but they have a good weight and medicine can do a lot nowadays. She then saw me for a scan and doppler the next day, which she performed herself. She said the babies would have to be delivered Thursday (yesterday) or latest next week, because there are intermittent absences on the doppler for one baby. She made an appointment for me to go to a different hospital to discuss delivery and possibly have the babies yesterday. This scared me, as if they are born this early they will have to stay on NICU for a long time and with hubby leaving the UK at the end of August I would be all on my own without support and possibly couldn't even drive to where my babies are (they said they could end up anywhere in the country, depending on capacity). So on Tuesday evening I just booked a flight to Germany and am currently staying with my family. My sister and I went to the hospital to get another scan and doppler done. Everything was fine. Yes, one of them is a little small they said, but nothing to worry about. The CTG and Doppler were also ok and they said they didn't see any indication to deliver them now. Now I have 2 completely different opinions and am not sure what to believe. After a few stressfull days trying to sort out health insurance - who would have thought it was that difficult and nobody seems to know anything - I think I finally sorted it and now have an appointment with a gynaecologist on Monday morning. I will just try and discuss all this with him and see what he says. So, I guess that means I moved and left the UK, didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to anyone. Am a bit sad and really hope this was the right decision.

I hope you're all ok. I hate this weather, far too hot. 41 degrees here yesterday and no cloud in sight...

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #349 on: 27/07/18, 14:54 »
    Neniel what a week honey  ^hugme^ At least you are physically in a place where you can have lots of support around you. It must be terribly confusing to have such different opinions from the consultants. What weight are the twins now? Could you ask your consultant in the UK to send you a report with her findings that you could take to your new gynae in Germany? Seems odd that the doppler readings are so different. Hope you get some answers xxxxxx

Expatmum Iím with you on the heartburn and reflux front! Just slouching after eating an apple made me sick last night  ::) glad your GD test was all okay. Weird that they didnít account for the weight you lost first! xxx

Howís everyone else getting on? We are the next due date thread in line  :o xxxx

Afm I had a growth scan on Tuesday and I have the opposite issue as Panda is now on the 97th centile and measuring two weeks ahead  :o on the outside my fundal height is bang on normal but inside I appear to be growing a giant. Iíve got to go for the GD test in a couple of weeks, even though my consultant doesnít think I have it as the baby is big everywhere rather than just having a big tummy. I really hope it comes back normal. If the growth goes more bonkers then I may need a c section just due to the size. My iron stores have also crashed so Iím on iron tablets now. I am well and truly exhausted so hope they help. Oh and we went for a 4D scan, during which Panda had their legs over their face with the feet tucked behind the head for the entire scan. Despite being sent out for three walks, star jumps, skipping, chocolate and cold water. Cheeky sausage. We did get a very fleeting glimpse of chubby cheeks and a cute nose though :) xxxxxx