* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31795 times)

0 Members

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
  • no regrets
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #350 on: 29/07/18, 17:53 »
Neniel - what a horrible roller coaster, some really scary stuff there. I'm very relived that the doctor's in Germany seem much more relaxed, but yes very confusing to now have to very different opinions and not really know who to believe. Hopefully your new Gyno will be able to shed some light? I think I would be in total melt down and not know how to cope - so well done you for keeping it together. Remind me how many weeks you are now?

MadameG- wow 97%tile - that is big. Sounds like everything is ok though? Best of luck for your GD test.

expatmum - nice to hear from you again. Glad everything is going well, and if you don't have GD indulge away! These summer berries are just too good to miss....

AFM - I'm now going for twice weekly monitoring in triage to check baby's heart and movements. so far everything is fine but we shall see what the doppler scan says tomorrow about the blood flow and placenta. They have also picked up a slowly rising level of protein in my urine so are watching me for potential pre-eclampsia, but at the moment my blood pressure is still normal so its just a watch and wait situation. Still don't think I'll make September, but we'll see. Hospital bag all packed just in case....

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #351 on: 31/07/18, 02:04 »
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome and the kind words of support and understanding! It's so good to know that there are other people out here that really can relate and understand the mixed emotions that come with this. Happiness and joy of course, but the anxiety and all of it.. wow.

Neniel- i give you a lot of credit - moving to another Country and expecting twins! My friends twins were born at 34 weeks (12 years ago) but she also like you got steroids and it's a good thing b/c they needed them. i'm glad that DH's company is paying and sending help - i'm sure you are welcoming that with open arms! I hope your babies continue to grow and they stay in as long as possible!

Claudia- hopefully you are getting good reports from your Dr and your little one stays in longer as well!

Hello to everyone else that i missed as well!

AFM- 27 weeks, and tomorrow is blood tests and then the Dr's appointment on Thursday. We went for our anatomy scan and thankfully everything looks good. We - well I don't want to know what it is, b/c i'm just to scared to get attached to "a little girl or a little boy" or anything like that. This way, now it's "an it" and thats that. 

I guess you can say i took a HUGE step in starting to think if we will want a doula in the room with us. That's an international thing right? I think with all my anxiety, if i can have someone just telling me that everything is fine, and this is whats going on, then i don't have to worry about interrupting the Dr to always fill me in and reassure me 200 times.   Thankfully, there is kicking and DH got to feel it the other day which was very sweet! 

I'm trying to enjoy and appreciate everything - in between the anxiety. For me, staying in the now has always been hard, so why should this be any different?

Sending you all good thoughts and looking forward to hearing good news!!

xoxo
    ~L 

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #352 on: 31/07/18, 15:29 »
    Hello all,

Well, scan yesterday was ok. Baby growing nicely which is one less thing to be concerned about but one reading showed baby was sending more blood to its head than they would expect. No reason for this, other than itís a self-preservation thing babies sometimes do when there is a problem. It wasnít drastic, but we need to watch it. So that was yesterday and then this morning I came in to discuss scan results with doctor who looked at my latest urine sample and took my blood pressure and said I definitley have pre-eclampsia! She then admitted me so here I am until the baby is born! I wasnít even allowed to go home to get my stuff! To be honest I think she was being over cautious. Bp was totally normal when they checked it in Triage before my appointment with her and I think she just made me really nervous so it went up. But obviously I canít really argue with her medical judgement and definitley donít want to go home against medical advice so there is nothing I can do. Sooooo boring! Im not good at sitting around at the best of times but 2 weeks of this.... I feel like Iím in prison. Very over dramatic I know, and Iím in the safest place for me and baby itís just not what I had anticipated at all and quite a shock....

Hope everyone doing better than me!
    Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #353 on: 31/07/18, 17:54 »
    Goodness Claudia, not quite what you had planned for the day! Are you having a section in a couple of weeks then? You may have our first baby of the group! Has someone brought you a laptop or something to keep you entertained? Hope youíre feeling okay and at least baby will be closely checked there xxxx

Lillie glad that things are going well for you :) itís hard to get past the anxiety. Try and give yourself a pat on the back for all the hours that you realise youíve just enjoyed yourself and donít beat yourself up for the anxious days. Third trimester is just around the corner for you :) I think a Doula is becoming more popular for reassurance during birth  xxxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #354 on: 31/07/18, 18:05 »
    Hi Madame G - well itís a bit suck it and see. At the moment doctor is saying c-section or induction at 37 weeks, which will be 15th August. Apparently they wonít let pre-eclampsia patients go over 37 weeks. But if blood pressure goes down then maybe I can wait until 38? But of course if bp goes the other way then it will be before that!! Ugh, what a rollercoaster!

Lillie - glad you are coping with the stress and anxiety. I had a big old cry today after they admitted me so please donít think for a moment that itís only you who struggles. This is hard stuff! But we are all here for you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #355 on: 31/07/18, 22:57 »
    Thanks ladies!

Claudia - oh my - probably not what you expected at all, but you are right that you're in the best place for you and your baby. Do you have family/friends or any kind of support around you who can visit you and bring you stuff? Do you have a tv or something so you can watch movies or read books? I'll let you know if i think of anything that can help, but i'm sure it's not going to change how you are feeling. Are you on bed rest? I'm thinking of you and sending you good thoughts that hopefully your bp goes down (but not to low) and your baby stays in there a couple more weeks- well until it's safe!

MadamG thanks for your kind words! I like your suggestion of giving myself some credit for all the progress i'm slowly making - even if it's just looking at a website that has something baby related on it, or like today, where i emailed a few doula places for more information.  Progress is still progress right?  How are you feeling?

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #356 on: 31/07/18, 23:18 »
    Also I wanted to ask everyone - when did you let yourself become excited?  I'm sure the anxiety doesn't go away, but are there minutes  (or maybe even hours?!) when you say to yourself "ok, for the next 5 minutes, i'm going to allow myself to be excited and think about how i want to design the room, or what i want to buy" etc?  Is it ever okay to feel excited after what we've gone thru to get to this point? Hope that makes sense..

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #357 on: 1/08/18, 07:33 »
    Lillie Iím good thanks, struggling with tiredness but not the end of the world.

About becoming excited, weíve had a lot of losses so last year when I was pregnant I made a conscious effort to enjoy it and to feel the excitement, and kept reminding myself that looking at things to buy wasnít going to change the outcome. I was insanely anaxious but I still tried to enjoy it when I could. Sadly our baby boy had Triploidy so could never make it and we lost him at the end of the first trimester. This time around, we took the same attitude, as nothing could have changed the outcome from before. I changed job just after ivf and although the first trimester was hair raising with complications, once the girls at work knew they were all just so excited and obsessed with my growing bump. Their excitement became infectious, even though intitially I felt really uncomfortable with it. I think this has helped normalise the pregnancy for me. I had a mini emotional meltdown when we bought the proper baby things at the baby show in May, but as DH says, buying something isnít going to change the outcome and Panda does need quite a lot of stuff sorted! I would say now that I am really excited, but still have moments where I feel just sheer anxiety and like I am Ďjinxing thingsí but at the same time I am very conscious that this may be the only time I ever get to this stage so I am damn well going to enjoy it :) hope that makes sense, itís a bit rambling!!!! And yes, give yourself praise, youíre doing good hun xxxx

Neniel how are you getting on hun? Xx

Claudia hope your first night there wasnít too awful! Are they monitoring you every few hours? Xx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #358 on: 1/08/18, 14:02 »
    Hi Both,

first night was awful! only managed 3 hours sleep :( so noisy with new people coming and going on the ward and one girl in early labour so her baby had to be monitored at 2am... I have ear plugs, but let's face it there is only so much they can do to make it quieter. I'm just hoping I get used to it. My lovely DH bought me lots of books and DVDs to watch so I can wile away the time, it's just 2 weeks feels like an awfully long period when you don't feel it and you are just reading your book all day. I'm not on bed rest so allowed to roam around the hospital. I'm saving that fun activity for tomorrow though as waiting for DH to come in in a bit. 2 weeks until baby! So close but yet so far...... I suppose I am now in the August due date group? but might hang out with your guys a bit longer if thats ok......

Lillie - I think I allowed myself to get properly excited when things that we ordered started arriving and the 'nursery' started taking shape. Also after 28 weeks when survival statistics are very good. Of course the fear is always there, but you just have to remind yourself statistically it's unlikely something really really awful will go wrong...

xxx
    x

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #359 on: 7/08/18, 01:26 »
    Hi!

Claudia - thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that DH bought you some stuff and at least that you can get up and walk around. Thats at least something, although i'm sure you would rather be at home or out shopping or something. Hopefully the staff is nice and you can finally get some sleep. It's not like it's important for you to rest or anything. Or for anyone in a hospital ever to rest! You would think staff would realize that and give quiet beeping machines and not make so much noise!  So they are certainly moving you into August delivery? Better safe than sorry for sure. I'm thinking of you! 

Madame- so sorry about your baby last year!! but so glad that this year is so much better! I totally understand your feelings of being uncomfortable with other people's excitement - in fact until i read that sentence i didn't realize there was a name for exactly how i was feeling with that, but it's 100% true. I get all shy and turn away when people get all excited.. in fact today i finally told my boss and i was just so nervous about telling him! Like if i say it, then it's MORE people who know, and MORE expectations, and MORE disappointments if Forbid something goes wrong. I am trying to reassure myself that Thankfully i'm at 28 weeks (or 26 weeks since the FET) but still, that is a good number, but i obviously want it to stay in longer. But still, it's better than a few weeks into it all.

You ladies make perfect sense about when to be excited- i like you, am trying to remind myself that this very well might be the only time i'll ever experience any of these things, so i should try and enjoy it. And i think i am slowly coming around to it.  Trying to start looking at some ideas for how to re-arrange our spare rooms and things like that.  Just trying to take it 1 day and 1 hour at a time.

Hope you both (and everyone else) is feeling good!