* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31793 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #360 on: 7/08/18, 09:35 »
Hi all,

Sorry I wasn't here for a while and this will only be a brief update as well. I need to catch up with all of you later.

I had to stay in hospital all last week, where they did a doppler every second day and a CTG twice a day. The CTGs were all fine, the bloodflow to one baby always showed a higher resistance than it should. They are not too worried yet, but say they want to keep an eye on it. Our current target is to make it to 30 weeks, which is Monday, then we'll do another growth scan and decide on a new target if necessary/possible. The baby with the reduced blood flow is growing, but too small. She is about 840g whereas she should be 1150g. So we'll see what Monday brings. Nothing urgent just yet.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #361 on: 8/08/18, 03:41 »
    Neniel sounds like you are in good hands over there but it must be such a tough time for you both  ^hugme^ Are you home at the moment? How are you adjusting to life over there in the midst of everything? Let us know how Monday goes xxxx

Lillie really glad that you are making progress with baby planning. Iíve found the weeks speeding up again at the moment! Have you got long left at work? Xx

Claudia how are you getting on? Have you got a c section date? It must be getting really close now! Hope youíre not going stir crazy in hospital. Iíve never understood why they are such noisy places at night, you need sleep to heal when you are poorly! xxxx

Howís everyone else doing?

Afm had my gtt test yesterday. The drink wasnít too bad actually and I felt fine, just really hungry. Missing a meal has messed my sleep up though, so downstairs eating cereal at 3.15am today  ::) really struggling with tiredness now too, so going to ask the midwife to check my iron levels again on Friday to see if the tablets are helping at all xxxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #362 on: 13/08/18, 14:08 »
    Hello ladies,

We came back from 2 weeks in Spain yesterday and I said to my partner I couldn't wait to see how everyone was doing on this thread as we were approaching the first baby being born...  which I thought would be tarapt and now there's two other possibilities!  Sending positive vibes to both Claudia and Neniel and glad that you're both being monitored closely.    I'd been reading up about pre-eclampsia because apparently it's quite common in donor egg babies (presumably because of the age of the mum?).  Neniel, it must be good to have family around you at least too.

I'm just feeling unbelievably tired.  I'm on iron tablets, but I'm still anaemic.  Between the heat (it's been insane in France and Spain), heartburn and toilet trips, I'm really struggling to get a decent amount of sleep and the heartburn means that I'm struggling even with naps during the day.  So annoying.  I do have something for it and it helps, but it has already woken me up by the time I take the medication.  I'm back at work for the first time in a fortnight today and am struggling because I'd got used to having naps on holiday.  Only a week and a half until maternity leave starts though!

Can you all believe that we're almost there?!  We're on the final stretch finally after such a difficult nervewracking journey. 

Love to you all xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #363 on: 14/08/18, 11:27 »
    Hi Ladies,

Neniel - how did the scan go on Monday? i hope you have a new target to work towards.... ??

Expatamum - I have found sleep pretty tricky for the whole of the 3rd trimester. I honestly can't remember the last time I slept through the night, must have been month and months ago. I'm just trying to think of it as good training for what is to come.... !!

MadameG  - did you pass the GD test?

AFM - I have now completed 2 whole weeks in hospital. hooray! Its pretty boring - there is only so much Netflix you can watch - but I am being taken great care of so I really musn't complain. Induction is booked for tomorrow!! aghhh!! I'm really getting quite nervous about it as I just don't know what to expect and my pain tolerance is pretty low....I've been having CTGs twice daily since I've been here and for the last few days they've been showing quite strong 'tightenings'/Braxton Hicks' so I hope that means my body is in the mood and not too shocked by what will happen. Anyway - wish me luck ladies - next post will hopefully be to introduce a new person!

xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #364 on: 16/08/18, 07:37 »
    MadameG - I am really stressing at the moment. For one my husband is still in England until the end of the months, as he has to sort out the house we're vacating there. I feel guilty that he has to do it all by himself. Also, we still haven't signed a new rental agreement here in Germany. One landlord played games with us, making excuses for over a week after telling us the house was reserved for us. He then said he had shorlisted 2 families and we weren't one of them. We (hopefully) have another house now. We've provided all the required documents and are now waiting for the final confirmation. I hope it comes soon, as there is still so much to do. If we get the house we have to put on wallpaper everywhere and get it painted, which is a lot of work. We also need a kitchen and furniture for the babies' room. They have a bed to sleep in for the first 6 months, so we may wait until hubby got paid for the second time here in Germany just to see how much we can spend on one. I am staying with my sister at the moment and am still working from home.I didn't really have time to look at how life here is different to the UK, too busy ;)

expatmum2 - Thank you. The doctor keeps saying that while it is unlikely, it's not impossible for me to still make it to 37 weeks. Heartburn is so annoying, I started getting it maybe about a week ago, although so far luckily it hasn't woken me up at night.

ClaudiaH - We're working towards 34 weeks now. Hopefully everything will be ok. I can't believe that your baby may already be here. I hope everything went well with the induction or is still going well. All the best of luck.

AFM, Maternity Leave in Germany by law starts 6 weeks before the due date, so for me that would be 10/09/2018. I also still have 11 days holidays I have to take beforehand, so my last day of work will be next week Thursday. Can't believe it, only a week to go.
    The appointment on Monday was ok, there is still too much resistance for the blood flow in the cord to one baby, but it hasn't gotten worse and they are both still growing. Also the blood flow in the brain and other organs is ok. I had a CTG on Tuesday and will have another one on tomorrow and Ultrasound and Doppler again on Monday. So far we can still wait a bit before they are delivered. I can't wait to meet these 2 little people now. Being around my young niece and nephew all day every day just makes me appreciate more what is to come.
    Even though being in Germany has been pretty stressful so far I am glad I made the decision to go. It's definitely been better for my babies, as otherwise they would have been delivered at 27+3 and now I am 30+3. Every day will help them be stronger.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #365 on: 16/08/18, 13:16 »
    That's great news Neniel!  Sending you lots of positive vibes. 

Claudia - Wow!!!!  Hope all goes well and CANNOT wait to hear your news :-) 

Lots of love xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #366 on: 20/08/18, 13:49 »
    Had an Ultrasound with Doppler today and surprisingly the blood flow was better than in the last couple of weeks. The doctor mentioned again, that the girl's thigh seems to be very short, which could be an indication for a trisomy 21, but he also said that he couldn't see any other indication for this. Maybe she's just short, like all my sisters and me. Otherwise they seem healthy, though, other than that they are quite small and don't weigh enough. The doctor also said that they won't longer than 34 weeks (I am currently 31+0), as the girl didn't grow at all now between last week and this week. So I will meet them very soon.
    Our furniture is coming over on 01/09 and we still need to wallpaper and paint the whole house. It's all pretty stressful, but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

I hope you're all good :)

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #367 on: 20/08/18, 14:14 »
    Oh gosh Neniel.  In France, you would stay in hospital for about a week with twins.  Is this the case in Germany too?  I hope so, so everything can get done whilst you're being looked after and monitored closely.

Thinking of you all as we approach D-days! 

xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #368 on: 20/08/18, 15:02 »
    expatmum - to be honest I don't know what happens before or after the birth here. Didn't really have a chance to check or ask about it with everything else going on. I can't wait to meet these 2 little people now.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #369 on: 20/08/18, 23:17 »
    Neniel glad to hear that the blood flow was better today. Looks like your little ones will be here pretty soon though - how exciting:) Iím. It surprised youíre feeling stressed. Your whole life has been uplifted and you have twins in the way too. Try not to get too stressed about the house. As long as itís clean and comfortable, decorating can wait, as frustrating as it might seem initially. Try to take it easy as your body is working so hard already and youíll need all the energy you can muster once they arrive. Easier said than done I know ^hugme^ xxxx

Claudia was it the day??? How are you doing? Xxxxxx

Expatmum I have horrific reflux and heartburn, to the point that sometimes if I lean forward I can be sick 😷 my tip is to sleep propped up on plenty of pillows rather than flat and try not to eat too late. Keep Rennies/gaviscon equivalents on you at all times! Seems like we are all hurtling towards the finish lines now  :o xxxx