* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 32076 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #370 on: 21/08/18, 08:27 »
MadameG - I also have heartburn now, but just after eating, so not as bad as you. I wouldn't be bothered about decorating, but the house is a new built and at the moment there is just plasterboard on the walls, so it isn't really comfortable. It doesn't have a kitchen either. Getting it wallpapered and painted before we move in and all our furniture is there is probably a lot easier than doing it after, I'd guess it's also cheaper, as the painter doesn't need to protect any furniture. It's quite common in Germany that flats/houses don't have any wallpapering, kitchens or even floors when you first rent them. You normally have to renovate a rented place before you move in and take all the wallpaper off the walls that you put on, take the floor out and also take the kitchen out you put in. It's easier to rent in the UK I'd say, but it's more flexible here, as you can have it exactly as you want it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #371 on: 21/08/18, 10:39 »
    Yes I'm sleeping propped up on 3 pillows these days.  Wake up with terrible neck and back ache though!  I haven't actually been sick, but I've felt close on a couple of occasions.  I started a new medication yesterday and it was the first time I hadn't woken up with heartburn in the night (twice for the toilet though!!).  The night before I had only managed to sleep 2.30-5.30am then 8-10.30am then 12-1pm because of heartburn.  it was a nightmare (and I had to take the morning off work).  It was like being with a feeding baby :-)  Good preparation huh?  Also all the food I'm craving (presumably to combat the anaemia I'm also suffering from) is like the worst possible thing for heartburn.  So I'm going to stick with the medication and eat what my body is telling me I'm missing. 

What's your due date MmeG?

You've got a lot on your plate Neniel!  Good luck with it all x

How's everyone else doing?  Any babies made an appearance yet?

xxx

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #372 on: 22/08/18, 01:33 »
    Hi Everyone!

Expatmum2- let's discuss heartburn and being sick! For about the last 2 months about, everynight i would have bad heartburn, and we finally realized that i was eating to much in the evenings. So now i eat a super small meal and then try and make sure i'm either standing or sitting up (like in a chair) for about 2 hours after eating plus sleeping basically sitting up on pillows. If i do something differently, like put my feet up before 2 or 3 hours, chances are good that i'm sick about 5 or 6 hours later. Sometimes its the burping and the heartburn combined.  But honestly, i've waited sooo long to get here, that i refuse to complain. I'm thankful for the reason that i'm dealing with this.   I do hope that you feel better though and that you find things that work for you!

Neniel- you are like a super hero. You move to a new Country while being pregant with twins and need monitoring often, and still working, and trying to figure out where you are going to live, and when/how to design a kitchen basically from a hospital or living room... Wow! I don't know how you are doing it, but you go!! At least Germany requires you to take time off before your due date because i'm sure there is plenty of stuff you can do!  It sounds like you are renting your place, so how does it work with the money that you have to pay into painting and wallpapering and getting the appliances for a kitchen? Here in the US, if you rent a place, it's usually the landlords job to make sure you have a functioning kitchen and safe floor to walk on. Otherwise, you sometimes work out giving them the receipts and they pay you for the items maybe. It's very interesting learning about how other places does things! I hope you are feeling good and your babies continue to grow!!

Claudia - hoping that things went well and you are adjusting to the otherside of this journey! 

Hello to everyone else!

AFM- Thankfully 30 weeks! We are getting new carpet so we are getting rid of a lot of stuff and while we haven't bought anything, we did go for the first time to the store to look at strollers (prams?), carseats etc. Thats a huge step!! I also didn't freak out in the store which was a good thing  ;D My Dr only did a blood test for the glucose test so i didn't have to drink that drink, and i'm pretty happy about that!  He also said he doesn't want a doula in the room, so now i am working on trying to find another support person to be in there with DH and I. I'm not stressing about it right now though, which is pretty impressive for me. I figure i'll deal with it as it comes.   

One question - is it my imagination or am i getting a little more tired during the day, and maybe a tiny bit more uncomfortable.. especially when sitting for long periods of time, or walking a lot, or laying down?? Maybe it's just me or is this a real thing? 

Hope everyone else is doing well!!
    xoxo

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #373 on: 22/08/18, 14:11 »
    That's interesting Lillie what you say - I've been eating later and then lying down soon after recently because of being on holiday and getting up later and it being hot so I had siestas, etc.  The medication I'm on now seems to have solved the heartburn for the last two nights though which is a massive relief and has made such a difference in quality of sleep too.

I am absolutely wiped out right now, so it's definitely not your imagination (I also had this with previous pregnancies when I was much younger too).  You're heavier, the bump makes it impossible to be comfy in one position for very long, baby is wriggling more and also my sleep is quite interrupted with heartburn and toilet trips.  My Fitbit tells me I am averaging 9 percent deep sleep at the moment.  The benchmark should be 12-18 percent!  I see it as good preparation for the sleepless nights ahead of us and getting us used to resting when we can...

Well done for managing those stress levels and being able to start planning ahead at last.  30 weeks - you really are on the home stretch now!! 

I finish work today for 8 months!  I'm so ready!  Got my final scan on Friday too to see what position the baby's in and if everything is okay. 

xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #374 on: 26/08/18, 14:47 »
    Hello everyone, hope you're all okay. 

Just to say I am now on maternity leave as from Thursday.  I had a scan on Friday too at 33 weeks.  Baby is lying across as I suspected, but more breach than anything else.  Bum and legs tilted down and head slightly up, even though he's across.  He's a healthy weight (2.2 kg) and if I give birth after this week, I'll be at 34 weeks and he wouldn't need any special intervention apparently.  Which was all a relief.  Then I came home and, like a lunatic, decided to help my partner to clear the loft (out of guilt as most of it was my crap!) as the electrician was coming on Saturday to start the works for the loft conversion which we're doing this month to create a playroom and a spare bedroom.  The baby has definitely dropped since all that activity...  and whilst I can breathe more easily and eat easier and therefore slept so much better, I really hope I've not brought things on early!  Fingers crossed he's just trying to get into a better position....   so have spent today washing all the newborn baby clothes just in case we meet him sooner than expected and have just been madly googling signs of nesting and dropping and early delivery!  I've been doing so well recently about staying calm and rational and not catastrophizing and now I'm all over the show mentally! 

Needed to get that off my chest with people who are probably having similar experiences!

Love to you all xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #375 on: 8/09/18, 22:20 »
    Hello everyone, how you all doing?  Any babies arrived yet?  I'm at 35 weeks now and i think the baby has turned round to be head down finally.  Thinking of you all xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #376 on: 9/09/18, 07:33 »
    Hey expatmum great news that the baby has turned. How did you find all the energy to help get things out of the loft?! Mine has got up and gone  ;D have you got everything ready now?

Lillie how are you getting on? Have you managed to start on your shopping list? Remember that itís your birth so if you want a doula, stand your ground. They are there to be your advocate. I am definitely pretty uncomfortable and I think that it started getting harder around 30 weeks ish. Have you seen pictures of how much our organs and spine move in the third trimester? Itís crazy!

Claudia hope all is well lovely xxx

Tarapt how are you? Did you end up with an August babe or have they stayed in?! xxx

Neniel how is everything with the twins? Thinking of you xxx

Love to everyone else, I think we should see some announcements soon! Xx

Afm baby was breach at 32 weeks, engaged at 33, breach at 34....I have the midwife this week and another growth scan the week after. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes (only just over)  and since I have altered my diet by reducing carbs a little, the babies growth has dropped rather too much, so now there is concerns that way. Itís made me feel quite angry and like I canít do anything right. Everything is pretty much sorted here now and I finished work on Thursday! Wooohoooo! Promptly come down with a cold and horrible cough though, worst weekend as itís my baby shower today. Canít even sip honey and lemon because of the GD. Ah well, not too long now xxxx

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #377 on: 13/09/18, 00:43 »
    Hi Everyone!

How are you all doing? I just wanted to pop in and ask if anyone else has been more sick at this point than in previous months? The last 3 nights i've been up sick and i'm pretty sure it has to do with the amount of food i'm eating. I know i ate a larger meal, but i finished at say 4pm, and was up at 1am sick. I made sure to be sitting/ standing up from 4pm until at least 10 pm, so it's not like i was laying down right away.  I'm pretty sure it's all related though, and honestly, yes it's uncomfortable, but it's totally worth it. I never thought i would get to this point, so i'm staying positive.

Meanwhile, DH had a fever last week and a big sore throat, so i'm fussing over him and I'm like how do you think you would feel if you were me? He's like i'd be cranky all the time!!! I think it's safe to say men can be grown babies! 

My Dr agreed to having a doula in the room, eventhough she will be acting as a supportive presence for me, so i'm glad about that. This way, in case DH needs to get some air, i wont be alone. 

Thats basically about it from my end. HOpe you all are doing well and looking forward to hearing some good news!

xoxo
    L

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #378 on: 14/09/18, 22:15 »
    Good to have some sign of life on here!

Lillie - i've not actually been sick, but almost on a few occasions - mainly heartburn linked when lying down.  Wake up and feel like I'm about to be sick and then swallow and am okay again.  Mine is usually linked to WHAT I've eaten rather than how much.  Chocolate the worst culprit (annoyingly...).

Mme G - that is very annoying.  Have you been having weekly scans then recently?  Hope your baby shower went well.

Thinking of everyone who hasn't posted for a while and hope all is going well for them and possibly their little ones.

I am at 36 weeks now and feel the size of a house. But getting more rest and can catch up on sleep now i am on maternity leave so all good from that point of view.  Even managed a three hour nap the other morning in spite of the banging and drilling going on upstairs in the loft.  Was quite impressed!

Take care everyone xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #379 on: 29/09/18, 12:18 »
    Hope youíre all doing well ladies and that some of you have dinky babes in arms now! Iím set to be induced this weekend eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! Lots of love xxxxxx