* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 32077 times)

0 Members

Offline expatmum2

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #380 on: 4/10/18, 07:13 »
Good luck Mme G!

I'm in for the long haul by the looks of it.  He's head down but not engaged and my pelvic bone hasn't started softening yet, so I'm at 39 weeks and looks like I'll go to 40 according to the midwife.  Am so fed up of being pregnant now!!  Everything aches - particularly my back, I've got carpal tunnel so even my hands hurt, I'm going to the loo every half an hour, falling asleep every time I sit down.  And then I think I'll probably feel more aches and be more tired when baby is here so I catch myself :-)  Am all ready though - the baby stuff is all washed and sorted and my hospital bag packed.  The loft conversion is also taking shape.

Hope you're all coping with motherhood if you've had your babies and look forward to having some news soon.

Lots of love xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #381 on: 12/10/18, 08:04 »
    Expatmum any movement?! The end of pregnancy was just so so exhausting for me, all I wanted to do was sleep! I did get a couple of days of ‘nesting’ energy though where I cleaned the kitchen!

So ladies I am very happy to announce that our darling baby boy Panda is here!! He arrived on 2nd October at 38+3, weighing 3.25kg or 7lb 2oz and is absolutely gorgeous. I was induced and it wasn’t plain sailing, the labour was pretty awful and we will need to attend the birth reflections service in time, but the actual birth was beautiful.

Can’t believe that we finally made it after 6 and a half years! Lucky pregnancy number 9 💜. I have some photos here if you would like a peek:

https://www.instagram.com/madameg.fertility/

Looking forward to hearing of all the other births, completely understand how everyone is probably too knackered to update though!!!!! xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #382 on: 13/10/18, 13:41 »
    Fantastic news Mme G!  He is absolutely beautiful.  How are things going post-birth?

Eliot James arrived at 11.26pm on Sunday 7 October, weighing 3.98 kg (8lb8oz) and measuring 52.5cm after an horrific 22 hour labour.  My waters broke at 2am...  so he got fluid on the lungs and an infection and he was rushed off to neonatal immediately where he was put in an incubator to help him breathe and with a drip in his head for the antibiotics to fight the infection.  We all cried all day Monday.  It was awful - all that time and doubts and fears right from the start of going for IVF.  I think it was months of anxiety unleashed from us all (the kids too!).  You feel so near to the safety zone and then it was all taken away just when we thought we were totally safe.  And then on Wednesday he started to pick up and started to look for food so i was able to get the feeding going.  On Thursday I was allowed to have a room with him in neonatal and my milk came in that day so we had a pretty torrid night together, then it all settled down on Friday and this Saturday morning he had his last dose of antibiotics, all the wires were taken out and we came home.  I really had expected my third baby to just fall out!  And being such a good size too that he would be strong and healthy, but in fact his size was probably what got him stuck!  But all well now.  We're totally smitten, he's a champion feeder and a very chilled out baby.  Fingers crossed no more medical interventions for a very long time!

LOve to you all xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #383 on: 24/10/18, 10:35 »
    Hello everyone,  sorry I’ve not been about, long story but I will get round to posting.

Huge huge congratulations to madameg and expatmum on the birth of your boys.

My little boy arrived on 2nd September following an emergency section weighing 9lb 6.5oz.  He is now 7 weeks old... where has the time gone.  I am so in love.

Hugs to everyone.

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #384 on: 25/10/18, 00:53 »
    Hi Everyone,
     I hope you all are doing well and your babies are doing well! I just wanted to let you know that we welcomed a baby boy 1.5 weeks ago! It's very surreal and lots of emotions, but thankfully everyone is doing well!

Hope the same is true for all of you as well!

xoxo
    ~L

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #385 on: 28/10/18, 16:16 »
    4 boys!!  So lovely to hear your news and hope to hear more from you all when you get a moment.

All going well here.  His sleep and feed patterns are a bit all over the show to say the least, but he's doing well, putting on weight and growing in height, spending more time awake and alert, and just generally delighting us all daily (although me less so in the middle of the night although we have had a couple of good nights even so shouldn't grumble too much about life with a baby who's not even three weeks old!). 

Love to you all and your little bundles of joy xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #386 on: 11/12/18, 09:24 »
    Hello. Sorry for not being around for so long, but everything was really crazy the last couple of months.
    Our twins, Sofia Athina and Oskar Atticus, were born on 9th September at 34+0 by C-section. I wanted a spinal anaesthetic, but the doctor's messed up. They thought I was on 40 mg of Clexane, so told me to stop it the evening before the section. I was on 60 mg, though, so was told just before going into the theatre that I had to have a general anaesthetic. That means neither hubby nor I actually saw the birth. I was gutted and cried, just before going to sleep. Then the babies were brought straight to NICU, so hubby didn't get to see them for another 2 hours either. By that time my parents in law went to them first, before we saw them, although they knew we hadn't seen them yet. I was really angry when they told us.
    Anyway, all that matters now is that they are healthy and growing well. Sofia was 3.77 pounds (1710 grammes) when she was born and Oskar was 4.32 pounds (1960 g). They were boat able to breath straight away. They were also able to drink, but too weak to drink a whole bottle (20 ml at the time), so had to get some of their food through a feeding tube. They also weren't able to regulate their body temperature, so had to be in a heated bed. They didn't need an incubator, though, and only needed the feeding tube and heated bed for a week and a half. They were in hospital for 3 weeks with me being able to stay in a room with them after they left NICU on day 6.
    Now they are 13 weeks old and were just about in new born clothes. Needed tiny baby for a good while, which to start with was too big also.

I hope you're all well.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #387 on: 2/01/19, 17:01 »
    Hi everyone!
    I'm just about to read back and find out how you all are!
    I was locked out for ages.
    We have our baby girl now. She's 12 weeks old!  :) xxxx
    I had a C-section under a general.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #388 on: 2/01/19, 17:19 »
    Following in the footsteps of MadameG - here's our Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/jjbabyblog/

Say hi if you follow so I can find you and follow back.

Much love to you all! xx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #389 on: 8/01/19, 22:37 »
    So lovely to hear from you!  I wanted to wish you all a very happy new year with your new little ones.

Eliot's still not keen on sleeping and I've found it all very hard - being an older mum with two other children and a baby that's up every two hours and quite difficult during the day almost broke me.  But he's 3 months yesterday and he seemed to get a whole lot easier today so at least we're going in the right direction finally!

Hope you all keep in touch, would love that xxx