* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31100 times)

0 Members

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
  • no regrets
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #50 on: 4/03/18, 10:25 »
Wow Neniel that is amazing!!!! How exciting!

My sonographer told me on Thursday that she recently scanned a lady who had transferred 3 embryos.... and there were 5 babies at 12 weeks... can you imagine!

I'd say don't worry about childcare, it will definitely work itself out. Just enjoy your two healthy babies!!!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 4/03/18, 13:00 »
    Neniel congratulations how lovely that it is twins.

As Claudia said don't worry about childcare concentrate on looking after yourself and your twinnies.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 4/03/18, 15:30 »
    Thank you tarapt and Claudia. We're over the moon, just never thought even one would stick, let alone both.

We don't have any family in this country, so I'll be all alone with them while on maternity leave and then we need full day child care for them both, because neither of us can give up their job. We earn too much to get any support or tax credits, but we have some debts from us both being unemployed for 6 months. It just seems to be incredibly ezpensive. But as I said before, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.

I hope you're all keeping well.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 4/03/18, 18:01 »
    Neneil congrats on your twinnies! How exciting! Try to focus on the hear and now, things will fall in place some how in the future. We have potentially considered an au pair if we decide that we need full time support (dreaming at the moment as history has not been kind to us), perhaps this might be an option you could look into? xxx

Claudia hello! Congrats on graduating to the second trimester :) how are you feeling pregnancy symptom wise now? Xx

Tarapt congrats on your scan too! Glad all is going swimmingly xxx

Offline Pigs

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 5/03/18, 09:29 »
    Congrats NeNiel about your twins! I am in the same position too, expecting twins and panic about childcare too! I just have to keep telling myself we will be very poor for a couple of years then as we get to their third year some free hours will kick in and it'll be easier. As others have said, you will just find a way to cope, things will just fall into place.

Claudia - that story about 5 makes me sick with nerves!!! Well done for reaching your NT scan, did it feel like the date would never arrive?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 5/03/18, 10:18 »
    MadameG - We've looked into an au pair and apparently they are not allowed to look after babies by themselves, as they are not trained. That might be an option, though, if both my husband and I could work from home a couple of days a week. At least we would be there, if something goes wrong.

Pigs - Good to hear I'm not the only one panicking. We'll work out something I am sure and I am so escited. :)

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 5/03/18, 16:02 »
    Some exciting developments on here!

Congrats neniel and I agree that you find a way round everything in the end and things have a funny way of working out sometimes that you might not be able to see just now!

AFM I'm on holiday again this week and having spent last week flattened, sick as a dog and absolutely exhausted, I woke up hungry on Saturday and feel like a different person...  of course then started madly googling loss of pregnancy symptoms at 8 weeks.... seems like it's not unheard of but I'm still mildly panicked and my next scan on 15 March seems a long way off for concrete reassurance.... the other weird thing is I have had lots of brown spotting for the whole time and that also totally disappeared on Saturday and none since.   Just don't know what to think frankly and trying to enjoy being able to eat whilst not overthinking the worst case scenario....

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 5/03/18, 17:44 »
    Expatmum I know it’s easy to say but the symptoms do come and go, the nvp will probably come roaring back at some point so just try and enjoy the days whilst you can. Hope you are having a lovely time away still! Xx

Neneil you will find a way lovely :) xxx

Afm yesterday was the first time that I felt seriously rubbish and had to spend the morning in bed! I’ve also ticked the ‘retching in the restaurant and work’ boxes off the list  ::) . Two more sleeps till my next scan. Hope you’re doing good ladies xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 5/03/18, 18:24 »
    Hello all...

yes the story of 5 babies is terrifying! I really feel for the lady as it must be so unlikely to have two embryos split...!

expatmum- sickness really does come and go. I had peaks and troffs throughout the first trimester and baby is doing just fine. It can be scary when it disappears - but it is totally normal so yes please do just enjoy being able to eat - as I hate to say it, but your sickness will probably be back....

Pigs - i actually booked 3 private scans before that (one at 6 weeks, one at 8 and one at 10+5 for my NIPT)  - so the wait wasn't too bad.... LOVED seeing baby wiggle around and move its arms and legs around though. so strange when you can't feel anything and then suddenly its on the screen....

madame G - thank you! sickness much better now, haven't thrown up for 10 days and only mild nausea in the evenings. Thank God! I have to say I really didn't enjoy that bit...

xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 6/03/18, 20:26 »
    Evening all. I woke up in blind panic at 6am utterly convinced that I was no longer pregnant.  Of course Dr Google confirmed all my suspicions!! So at 6.30am I found a private scan that I could book online for later in the day and finally went to sleep knowing I would know one way or another today.  Best 50 pounds I've spent in a while! Heartbeat was strong. Foetus the right size.  So now I can enjoy not being flattened by sickness and tiredness finally. Of course I should have just listened to you all :-) 

Love to you all and hope you're all doing well xxx