* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 29036 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #70 on: 9/03/18, 10:42 »
LunaWop - Nice to meet you. Good to hear the harmony scan went well.

hazyshade - welcome :)

I am 7+1 today and still don't really have any symptoms at all other than the itchiness and being really tired and going to bed at 8pm at the latest> No nausea, no sore boobs, nothing. In a way I am happy about that, but it also worries me, as I feel like this can't be real when I am feeling so "normal"

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 9/03/18, 20:38 »
    Hi Pigs. I'm currently 9 weeks and 3 days according to myself and 10 weeks 2 days according to my scans! Ha ha.

Congrats LunWop. I'm also a bit of a fraud if you are as ours is a shock natural pregnancy too! We were about to start our second round of IVF. It just goes to show that anything can happen. They were identical twins but sadly one died. Good news about your Harmony test results.

I'm glad your scan went well MadameG.  :)

Your scan sounds amazing tarapt - kicking and waving. I can highly recommend maternity jeans from Topshop btw. They're fab.

Welcome Claudia H and congratulations to you too. I was just reading your signature and it sounds like you've been through a fair bit!

Yay - twins Neniel. That's amazing news! Sorry to hear you are suffering with this Obstetric Cholestatis though.  :(

I'm glad you paid for that scan expatmum2. I know it's not always (financially) an option for everyone but my goodness does it put your mind at rest.

I'm so happy that your scan went well Mrsfergie83.

Welcome and congrats hazyshade!

AFM - The EPU have been amazing, scanning every two weeks. I've had 4 scans now and our little one is measuring 10+2. We saw what looked like a proper little baby in there. I was hoping that twin two would suddenly reappear but realistically I knew that wasn't possible. Our next scan will be the 12 week one. I've also booked in for another when we have the Harmony test done a few days later.

Although I get the odd day where my symptoms completely disappear, as a rule I feel tired, nauseous, thirsty and like rubbish. I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end. xx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 9/03/18, 20:47 »
    Thanks ladies for the welcome.
    Mrsfergie, how exciting for your scan for your little one to be so active. We've got an extra scan booked for next week, when I'll be 9wks.
    Can I ask, between your first and subsequent scans, how we're you feeling? For me, I was reassured at first that things will be fine, but I've had a couple of wobbles since, and some worries that something will go haywire. I guess it's experience Vs hope at times.

MadameG, I hope your sickness settles soon for you. Do you take anything for it? (I don't know if there is anything to take, but curious) I'm pleased your latest scan went well. How many weeks are you now? (Sorry if you've already said)

Neniel, is your next blood test on Monday? I'll keep everything crossed for you xx
    Did you have any luck with your GP this morning?
    I can relate to the symptoms. Ive had days where I've been wishing sickness on myself, so then if feel more reassured that things are going ok.

Claudia 😄 yay to second trimester. Fingers crossed things are plain sailing for you

Luna, that's great news about your harmony scan. It's great that your manager has been supportive to you.

Tarapt, my edd at the mo is 19th Oct. Ive no idea if it'll change much. Maybe you guys can answer what i fear is a naive question. If we know the date of conception, when you get to the dating scan, do they adjust the edd back 2 weeks?

Jessica, I'm glad that your scan went well today, though sorry to hear twin2 didn't reappear.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 9/03/18, 21:13 »
    I think this was a question for Mrsfergie83 but I just thought I would say I can relate. I feel very reassured when I first have a scan but that quickly changes into various worrying thoughts. I don't even want to write the kind of things I think on here because it might make others upset. Let's just say I probably cover a lot of very negative scenarios! Also my body can't win. I feel tense when I've got all the pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, thirst, constant hunger and period pain. Then if I have a good day and they go I start to panic. If I get a real bee in my bonnet about something I start planning and preparing myself to have another op and allsorts. (I had a MMC last year which resulted in having an op in the end - something I wish I had done sooner). What a rollercoaster ride this is! xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 9/03/18, 22:21 »
    Hey girls,

Hazy I wrote a post to you yesterday and my phone deleted it  ::) Iím actually on weekly scans so very fortunate in not having to wait, but I still get a few days relief and then terrible anxiety in the days leading up to the next one. Iíve found myself doing stupid stuff like only taking my needles from the right of the strip incase I jinx things, need to nip that in the bud really. And the ebbing and flowing of symptoms always make me fear the worst, despite rationally knowing that it is totally normal. Iím not taking anything for the nvp but I do wear seasickness bands, which take the edge off a little. I can generally keep down my breakfast and lunch, so no one seems massively concerned about it at the moment (I know some ladies have it really bad!). What date was your embryo transfer and what age was the embryo? Seems some hospital will adjust the dates and some donít bother. I donít get why they would change it when the exact date of conception is known.

Jessica Iíve just remembered that I did follow your journey last year as I think we should have been on the same due date thread  ^hugme^ I can relate to that negative planning mode too, massive hugs xxx

Neneil my boobs are not particularly sore any more. Everyone is so different so try your best not to worry xxx

Tarapt have an awesome holiday! New look do quite a good range but have hardly anything in store, itís mainly online. Iíd second topshop maternity jeans too xx

Luna great news on the test results! Sounds like you have a great boss there xxx

Love to anyone I missed x

Afm had a big bleed last night completely out of the blue. Really frightened me. Had another scan this morning and thank goodness our little Panda is fine, still growing well. There is a small haematoma below the sac so just got to hope that she holds on tight now. Bleeding has turned to brown tonight but is likely to start back up again until it clears.... xxxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 9/03/18, 23:22 »
    I feel glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing the escaping ease after the scan. Thanks ladies ❤ and thanks for sharing your experiences Jessica and MadameG.

My husband calls me "two-foot" for my legendary jumping in with both feet. This cycle, I've tried so hard to not jump ahead of myself in case I jinx something.
    We approach things slightly differently anyway. With me, my emotions/feelings are generally up and down  (with little control some days), whereas he is trying to stay in the middle- not happy or down. It's strange how we all manage things a bit different.

MadameG, I had 2 5-day embies transferred on 31st Jan. I agree, I do not understand why they add 2wks when the date of conception is known. They count from the last period. This sends me into a slight fret that I'll be told something is wrong. Geez, the worry is endless 😧😣
     Glad you're doing ok after your bleed. All these extra added bits to add worry to our worry. It sounds really good you were able to get the scan done to give that reassurance.
    Lots of rest -speaking of which, night ladies  ^wave^ ^Cuddle^

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 10/03/18, 06:12 »
    Hazy we can all keep each other buoyed up together :)

You will always get two weeks added on because outside of ivf, you donít know when you actually conceived, so you have a Ďgestational ageí which is dated from the last period, or two weeks prior to ec in our case. The actual age of the embryo/fetus is sometimes referred to as Ďfertilisation ageí but it wonít actually get mentioned when you are having any medical care. So today I am 9 weeks pregnant, although Panda is 7 weeks old, head spinning yet?  ;D xxxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 10/03/18, 15:56 »
    JessicaJones - Good to hear your EPU has been great. Your next scan isn't far away. :)

hazyshade - my blood test is on Thursday. No, the GP hasn't really been helpful. She spoke to a consultant and he didn't seem to concerned, so I'll try and stay positive

MadameG - Oh, I can imagine that the bleed was scary, good that you had the scan the next day, though. Good to hear all is well.

Today my husband is flying to India, so I will be on my own for the next 12 days. Too much time to think. I got a letter with an appointment for my nuchal on 12/04. If I remember correctly this is the scan, that checks for the trisomies, isn't it? We said last time, that we didn't want those checks, so not sure why they send me this. Will call them and find out. If this is also my dating scan I guess I can keep it.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 10/03/18, 17:19 »
    Neneil yes it was a horrible night (again! Second time spent properly worrying over a bleed in two weeks) but so relieved that all was well. They do the nuchal screen at the same time as the dating scan, but you can refuse the screening side. Thereís some more info on it here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/screening-amniocentesis-downs-syndrome/#screening-for-downs-edwards-and-pataus-syndromes xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 10/03/18, 20:23 »
    Hello ladies, i'm back from my holiday now and enjoyed catching up on all your news. 

It seems like we're all a bunch of catastrophizing, overthinking, worriers :-)  It's so hard not to though isn't it?  There's something about so actively trying and being so aware that fertilised embryos went inside and all the waiting that comes with that right from day 1.  Also some of us are older so there's added worry with that and aware of time (and money) running out if it doesn't work....  I find there are just so many aspects to overthink with IVF.

Tarapt - I got some nice clothes on Dorothy perkins online too.

AFM, I'm managing to eat fairly normally at the moment, although there's not many things I fancy eating and cooking smells knock me sick!  I've got really bad dizziness though and a constant banging head now.  And I can't imagine ever having any energy again ever :-)  Other than that, just hunky-dory!  My next scan is on Thursday when I'll be at about 9 and a half weeks.

Lots of love to you all xxx