* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 29030 times)

0 Members

Offline sunnygirl1

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #90 on: 12/03/18, 20:17 »
Hello ladies, may I join you please?

I am 9+2 and have just had another scan today (4th so far...) which showed another strong heartbeat so I'm a little more confident.

I look forward to comparing notes and following everyone's journey!

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LunaWop

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 12/03/18, 20:25 »
    Of course you did the right thing, Jessica! And sounds like an amazing deal! We went early just because with DS we had an awful scare (nhs screening coming back high risk) so decird we didnt want to risk it again. Though the likelihood of it happening is very low ;)

Welcome Sunnygirl and congrats on the successful scan! How ate you feeling?

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #92 on: 12/03/18, 21:50 »
    Hello ladies,

Neniel, how are you doing? When is your DH back?
    Our nuchal is around the same time. Mine is on the 11th 🤞
    I don't think your worry is silly at all. It's because it matters. And (for me anyway) not wanting hopes to be dashed after such a crappy time. Are you booking anything nice for yourself? Meals out with friends, massage, acupuncture or anything like that? There is a nice relaxation download on the Zita West website if you'd find that helpful?
    You'll get there (Sorry if that sounds trite)

Expat, yep I agree. How much thinking one female brain can do is limitless, and not always helpful I'm sure 😣

Tarapt, your DH sounds a sweetie with your mother's day card ❤

Jess, I think people get flustered over what to say, and come out eith all sorts of silliness. Similar to you, Ive told a few close and supportive friends. I've had moments of being excited, then other stages of worrying that the universe will kick me up the behind for dropping my guard. I'm generally an open person, and find it hard to keep things from people, especially when they know the journey I've been on.

Luna, how wonderful to have seen your little lady and all those things on your scan ❤  Congratulations xx and great news that everything was looking so good 😁
    That's interesting about the variable EDD, thanks for the info x

Claudia, I'm glad tour appt went ok today, even if it was a mammoth one. Whilst I imagine you'll be sick of the sight of the hospital, it's brill that they are so 'on it'. What a nightmare that sickness has reappeared. I really hope it settles down again soon for you. Lots of tlc sent your way xx

Welcome sunnygirl. Great news about your scan!

Just a quick update from me. I met my midwife today. She was really lovely, and really understanding when I immediately blubbed. One of the first questions she asked was "How many pregnancies have I had", followed by "how many at home".
    In that moment, it came back to me about my first pregnancy where I'd referred for the appointment, but never made it that far along. She was so apologetic, and I felt a bit embarrassed that I'd gotten upset. It wasn't as though I wasn't expecting to have to outline it all or anything.
    When we were leaving, I told DH that I don't want to look at the paperwork until after our next scan on Fri.
    My blood pressure was low today, which didn't surprise me- I kept getting dizzy during my yoga class yesterday. Yesterday I also had really bad nausea for most of the day. Oddly, not a dicky bird today.

Can I ask, has anyone been trying to sleep on their left side ahead of second (or third) trimester? I'm finding it really hard to get comfortable the last few weeks
     My sleep is more broken than normal. It's such a pain

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 13/03/18, 08:35 »
    LunaWop - Thanks for explaining :) I think the itchiness is getting a little better. I'll have another blood test on Thursday, so we'll see what that says. Congratulations on finding out it's a girl :)

Claudia - Sorry to hear the nausea coming back. That's a lot of monitoring, but at least you know baby is ok

Jessica - Thank you for the reassurance. I am googling too much I guess. Have read about "Vanishing Twin Syndrome" and it not producing any symptoms when it happens. I don't have many pregnancy symptoms - if any - anyway, so it's hard to tell.

sunnygirl - welcome! Great to hear your scan has been good :)

hazyshade - I'm a little better today. I was close to booking a private scan yesterday, although we can't really afford it. I didn't reach them, though, so I didn't book anything, which I am glad about today. If something was wrong my husband wouldn't be here, so I'd be all alone with it, which isn't great and I can't change anything anyway. So I'll just wait for my next NHS scan. In a way I just wish I had some pregnancy symptoms, as at least I'd know that something is still going on, but so far nothing at all. DH is back on 22/04, so still over a week away. I'll have a look at the Zita West website, that might be helpful. I haven't really planned anything. I am working late most day at the moment, just so I'm not home by myself.
    Sounds like your midwife appointment was quite emotional. Good to hear she's nice, though :)

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 13/03/18, 09:06 »
    Welcome sunngirl1.

How awful to have your NHS screening come back high risk LunaWop. Sounds like you made the right decision.

I've been sleeping on my left and right side a lot (rather than on my front) hazyshade. My sleep is terribly broken. I've heard something about sleeping on the left side before but not sure why....

Vanishing Twin Syndrome is exactly what has just happened to me Neniel.  :(  I know you don't have many pregnancy symptoms but I think there would be a sign of some sort if this happened. I just knew, along with my symptoms disappearing for a few days plus there was bright red blood when I wiped. I had figured it out within a day and a scan confirmed it straight away. Although I was wrong about both dying so that was one good thing. Plus at that stage there was a chance that twin two was hidden behind twin one. However, when I weighed up the evidence it was obvious to me that this was wishful thinking.

Google can be amazing sometimes. It's definitely educated me a lot about pregnancy. That said, it's the best way to worry yourself silly too. Let's face it, those who are having a stress free pregnancy or who have never had any problems in the past are unlikely to be hitting up the forums.

I had really bad anxiety many years ago and my therapist prescribed me a book called The Worry Cure. I'm going to read it again today. I keep thinking it's not going to work in the case of my pregnancy worries but I'm going to give it a go anyway. I'll let you know how I get on as maybe it would be good for you?

AFM - I keep getting really hot at night and have these episodes where I feel like I'm coming down with the flu. By the morning it's gone again. So strange!

xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 13/03/18, 09:38 »
    Thank you Jessica. I am feeling a bit calmer today and I banned myself from googling. It would be good to know how you get on with this book, let me know. I guess I am just scared, because I have waited for this sooo long to happen and don't want to lose it again... and normally really everything goes wrong in my life.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 13/03/18, 09:47 »
    Oh bless you. I feel really scared too. I don't feel like I can go through this all again if it doesn't work out this time. Also my little one looks like a proper baby on the scan and I don't think I could handle the loss as well as last time.

I've had to ban myself from Googling before too.  ;D  It really is for the best sometimes. In the words of my old therapist 'you need to give yourself a break'. xx

Offline BroodyChick

• Gold Member
    • IVF as single egg sharer w known donor
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 13/03/18, 12:12 »
    Hi again everyone, just reading up on all your news :) x

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 13/03/18, 15:32 »
    Hi everyone, I was flattened for a few days with vomiting and dizziness, so just catching up on your news now. 

What great news, Luna!

Neniel - I had to ban myself from google too, although easier said than done.  I managed to get a reassurance scan for 50 pounds when I was in the UK last week.  It was only after that that I managed to stop googling though! 

Hazyshade - I have been unable to sleep on my left hand side since my last pregnancy (and my daughter is 7 now!!!).  I kind of just got used to living with it, but if I turn over in the night on to my left hand side, it wakes me up and makes me feel a bit sick.  I might have to google it now it's a "thing" and not me just being weird :-)

AFM I'm just at home trying to keep food down.  And also work out what I want to eat - I'm also into the potatoes, melted cheese and roast chicken with dry pasta and very little else.  So boring.  I got some medication and it seems to help a bit - I haven't brought anything back up since taking the medication at least.  I don't feel great though and am having 2 hour naps every day.  I have no idea how I'm going to be able to go back to work on Thursday.  I have my next scan on THursday evening, so will see how I go on Thursday daytime and perhaps ask the doctor to sign me off again.  Feeling like a right wimp I have to admit.  Roll on second trimester...

Love to you all xxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 14/03/18, 07:26 »
    Morning ladies,
    Neniel, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. It's ok to have off-days too xx
    It sounds a blessing you weren't able to get through to anyone about the scan. I can understand what you mean about wanting symptoms, I've been the same at times. It's difficult being in the 'unknown' for so long, and keeping faith when experience has told us (or me for sure) differently. DH and I can be quite pragmatic at times. I think it's why I've struggled when people have kept saying to "think/stay positive" -building myself up too much can be risky. I need to keep something back to help me get through it. I think that's why I don't feel ready to look too far into the distance just yet. Not sure if this all sounds like mad ramblings, or if others can relate.

Jessica, the sleeping on the side thing, there had been some studies (I haven't read them myself so don't know how valid), one of them monitored the level of activity of baby depending on your sleep position. Another (more significant) had said about increased risk of still birth by sleeping on your back, because of increased pressure on an artery/blood vessels, which would alter the baby's heart rate. One article I read said in third trimester, and another said second and third.
    Here's a link if people want to read: https://www.nhs.uk/news/pregnancy-and-child/pregnant-women-should-avoid-sleeping-back-last-trimester/

Expatmum, oh crikey, that sounds really terrible. I'm glad medication is helping things to settle. Best of luck for Thursday's scan.