Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP Due date September / October 2018

42K views 398 replies 22 participants last post by  MadameG 
#1 ·
BFP due date September / October 2018

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy ^Cuddle^ ^fairydust^

If you'd like to be added to the list, please let me know your EDD and if/when you find out whether you are having a girl or a boy, I will put a ^pinkted^ or ^blueted^ Or ^surprise^ if you want to stay Team Cream next to your name.

[csv=]
Name, EDD, Flavour, Arrived

Eg Someone Happy, 01/08/18, ^surprise^, ^pompom^ 4/08/18

[/csv]

Happy chatting! Any questions or concerns, please do get in touch with me. ^Cuddle^

Grey xx

#2 ·
Thanks Greyhoundgal, my EDD is 15/10/18 x

#3 ·
Hello!  I had my transfer on 20 January.  BFP via urine test on 1 Feb, confirmed by blood tests taken on 3 and 5 Feb.  Waiting for my first scan on 19 Feb now.  Due date 10/10/2018 (if it's a singleton - two embryos were transferred so we find out on Monday).  I'd like to stay on this thread please!

#4 ·
Hi Greyhoundgal.

My EDD is 09/10/2018 and I'm having identical twins! Can you add me to the list please?

Hello BroodyChick and expatmum2. Congrats on your pregnancies. :)

#5 ·
Wow - naturally conceived identical twins!  Congrats!!  So reading everyone's history, none of this is our first pregnancy is it?  I already have a 15 year old son and a 7 year old daughter.  Looking forward to travelling this journey with you.  Personally speaking, I'm utterly wrecked and craving beige food - nuggets, chips and processed cheese slices!  How are you lot feeling? xxx

#6 ·
Hi everyone. I'll be the first first timer asking all the questions. :-*

My dating scan is 1st march and according to my calculations my end is 07/09/18 however baby has measured a few days ahead on early scans.

#8 ·
Is everyone paying privately/using their clinic for the dating scan?
I am hoping I can use the EPU at my hospital, but not sure yet what to say.
Have a GP appointment on 20/2 and hope to ask my GP for a referral due to 2 previous miscarriages x

#9 ·
My clinic scanned me at 7 weeks and my dating scan is with the NHS and was arranged by he midwife after my booking appointment.  I am classed as high risk for everything, age, ivf, 2 previous miscarriage and have had a loop excision procedure and I'm just getting scans at the same time as everyone else.  I am gettind dual care so I see a consultant as well as my midwife appointments.

#10 ·
expatmum2 said:
Wow - naturally conceived identical twins! Congrats!! So reading everyone's history, none of this is our first pregnancy is it? I already have a 15 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. Looking forward to travelling this journey with you. Personally speaking, I'm utterly wrecked and craving beige food - nuggets, chips and processed cheese slices! How are you lot feeling? xxx
I know expatmum2! Crazy isn't it? I'm still in shock. It feels too good to be true! This is my 5th pregnancy of 4 natural and 1 IVF. How lovely that you already have two children. :)

I'm similar to you - all I want is cheese and potatoes or cheese and bread!

Congrats tarapt.

I've been using the NHS EPU BroodyChick as I had a silent miscarriage last September. Originally our first early scan was going to be 19th Feb but we had an emergency one a week and a bit ago as I had bright red blood one day when I wiped. I'm having scans every two weeks at the mo but that's because it's twins. I hope they agree to see you early too as this is such a tough thing when you've had previous miscarriages.

xx

#11 ·
Hi everyone xx  tarapt and expatmum nice to see u here how u feeling xx
Jessica Jones sorry to hear about your silent MMC we were the same as we had one just over a year ago.its so hard being pregnant again I'm more anxious than thought would be xx
Afm I am 7 week 5 and already had 2svand. First was ment t be on the 19th Feb but been spottin for about 2 weeks, ranging from Brown to bright red but so far baby doubled in size so just keep praying everyday. This is our last attempt to have our first xx
According to my calculations due around 30th Sept but could change by time get dating scan I guess.
If scan goes well with our ACS unit for 8week scan we will get discharged from them to midwife but not phoned for booking scan yet as told to wait until discharged xx
Hope everyone well xx

#13 ·
currently 8dp2dt and got a BFP today  :) EDD would be halloween  ;D

#14 ·
Congratulations Opossum. :)

How are you getting on Mrsfergie83?

AFM - Things have changed a bit. Last Thurs a few of my pregnancy symptoms disappeared and I got suspicious. I took 3 tests and the lines were coming up much weaker. I had an emergency scan at the EPU and they couldn't find one of the twins. The sonographer said there is a chance that it's hidden behind the other. He kept thinking he could see a second heartbeat but was not sure if it was part of twin 1. I have been warned to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Sadly my test lines seem to be getting weaker by the day, so despite twin 1 measuring above what it should and having a very strong heartbeat it's looking like I might lose both. 😥 Next scan is on Wed. xx

#15 ·
#16 ·
Oh Jess, fingers crossed for you for Wednesday.

Welcome Opossum and congratulations!

Broodychick, hope you go on okay at the GP tomorrow.

How you doing Tarapt?

I had my scan today.  I'm 6 weeks 2 days and there was one heartbeat (from two embryos transferred on day 2).  The size was at it should be, so in theory everything is okay.  I was reassured for about an hour and then I started bleeding, thin brown blood.  Am hoping it's just because she was rooting around "up there" for the scan.  But also have been feeling sick as a dog for days and suddenly fancied eating again tonight.  Although that might have been after seeing a heartbeat feeling a duty to do all I can to nourish it!  Or the sickness could also have been a bit anxiety related too.  Anyway, our next scan is 15 March so I just have to keep everything crossed until then.  I keep thinking after each stage, I'll be reassured or convinced that all will be okay, but it never turns out to be the case!

Love to you all xxx

#17 ·
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all Ok, and time to next scans is going quickly.

I would like to join this board. I had two day 5 embryos transferred on 17th Jan. I had one big episode of bleeding early on, so had a 6 week scan and found out I was pregnant with twins (two separate sacs). I am now 7w and 4 d. I have a repeat scan on Friday at the EPU(8w).

I have been trying for a baby for such a long time, I thought I would be so excited when I got my first BFP. As soon as I got my BFP I was nothing but anxious and now I feel so rough that all I can think is 'what have I done, how am I ever going to be well enough to cope with twins'!!! I hope this goes soon as I can start to be excited.

Wishing good luck and happy healthy pregnancies to us all. xx

#18 ·
Hi Pigs, those thoughts are totally normal - I have been so anxious since the start of this procedure and I'm feeling so bloody awful at the moment I can't imagine ever feeling well again and like I've not even enough energy to lift my head up let alone care for the thing growing inside me!  You'll be amazed at how different you feel at 12 weeks though when the hormones calm down.  Hang on in there.  It will get better.  Promise. 

xxx

#19 ·
tarapt said:
Hi Jess, sorry you are going though all this stress. Google hook effect, I've found a couple of links below but I'll let you make your own mind up. this could be why your lines are faint. try diluting your urine and try again.

Everything crossed for Wednesday.

https://forums.This ticker site cannot be used/discussion/8706740/the-hook-effect-is-real

https://fetalmedicine.org/abstracts/2015/var/pdf/abstracts/0719.pdf

hope everyone else is ok.
Well my mind is totally blown with this tarapt!!! I need to upload a pic to show you but I can't seem to work out how to do it! So I've uploaded it here - https://ukivfblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/7-weeks-pregnant-hook-effect.html

Thanks expatmum2. Not long to wait until my scan now. Only about 18 hours! Lol. To reassure you, I've had thin brown blood every time I've wiped since being pregnant. The EPU told me it's perfectly normal, especially after having internal scans. I feel exactly the same as you though and I'm not relaxed for long.

Congrats on your twins Pigs. I'm also pregnant with twins so I know how you feel. It's very overwhelming, although I don't worry about how I'll cope. I just worry about something going wrong!

xx

#20 ·
Hi ladies, may I join you please? I had one little embie transferred in January and I am now 6+3 💜

Jessica I read your post yesterday and thought it would be the hook effect for you, fab to see the photos to show it! Hope you’re breathing easier today xxx

Expatmum I also had brown spotting the morning after my scan last week. The junior doctor couldn’t find my right ovary (because she was zoomed all the way in 🤦‍♀️) so really whacked me with the probe, so I’m hoping that it was just from my cervix. It had settled by the evening thankfully touch wood xx

Pigs I agree that your feelings are normal. And as for coping, you will just find a way :) just take it a day at a time at the moment xxx

I’ve got the morning, afternoon and evening sickness. Thank goodness I have an afternoon off, not sure how the rest of the working week is going to go! Xx

#21 ·
I'm really struggling with the constant nausea too, MmeG.  It's unbearable.  It's like being constantly sea sick.  Horrible feeling!

I had some red bleeding tonight, still fairly thin, no cramping or clots, but I have to say I feel less reassured tonight.  A friend told me after you've seen a heartbeat at 6 weeks, chances of miscarriage are only 5percent.  But still...  there's an unlucky 5 percent that I could be part of!  Anyway, need to keep up the positivity and not catastrophise

Love to you all xxx

#22 ·
Jess I hope you feel better now your lines have gone darker again.  Glad I could be of assistance.  Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Expatmum and MadameG I'm sorry you both are feeling poorly.  I'm the opposite I'm worriedas I've had no morning sickness at all.  I hope you both feel better soon.

Afm I'm counting down to next week and my dating scan when I'll be 12 + 4 but I measured a few days ahead when I was nearly 8 weeks.

#23 ·
Good Morning Ladies. I'd like to join you please. I am currently 5 weeks, my EDD is 25/10/2018. I don't want to find  out if we'll be having a girl or a boy (if I get that far). This is my first pregnancy. I am currently trying to find out my options for an early scan, but they seem to be quite expensive. Having just paid for IVF money is a bit tight...

#24 ·
Sorry to hear you are so poorly too expatmum and MmG. I had no idea to expect this sort of feeling.

I have everything crossed for my appointment at the EPU on Friday and hope everything is still well.

I don't plan on finding out gender either Neneil.

Anyone had their midwife apt yet? I was told I would hear something about 8w (which is Friday in my case).

#25 ·
Pigs - I've had my midwife appointment yesterday. She filled in a booklet with information about health and family and job and things like that. She also gave me a few leaflets to take away and read and I was weight and had to give a urine sample, that's it really.

#26 ·
Thanks Neneil, I would like someone to check my urine as it doesn't seem quite normal, so that would be reassuring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.