* Author Topic: Turnaround times at St Marys, Care and MF  (Read 890 times)

0 Members

Offline Kezzle

• Jr. Member-10015
modify
Turnaround times at St Marys, Care and MF
« on: 12/02/18, 21:42 »
Hi All.

Not been on here in a few years since my first encounter with IVF. Long story short, we were lucky to get pregnant first go with ICSI at st marys. But the process took YEARS! I have mild PCOS my cycle is relatively regular especially since having my son. We have frozen sperm, no frozen eggs. I'm wondering as i'm under Tameside and Glossop, are we still on the funded 3 cycles on the nhs? Also what are the turnaround times for each hospital between st marys, Care and Manchester Fertility. It took us two years to get our BFP with st marys, i'm now in my 30s, so ideally i'd like a shorter wait than 2 years  ^pray^. Hoping you lovely ladies who are currently in the process can refresh my memory of it all. Ease me back in gently! I just remember how stressful it all was, so i'm weighing up our options at the moment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Degas

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 15/02/18, 12:48 »
    Hi, I don't really know too much about waiting times etc but at St Marys a few years ago I think I waited a few months once I got the go ahead. At CARE I've never had to wait, but don't know if that is just luck? I found CARE a lot less stressful this time around x

Offline Kezzle

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/02/18, 22:46 »
    Thank you for replying. These forums seem so quiet these days! They used to be full of chatter about the goings on in st Marys etc.

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 16/02/18, 22:56 »
    I think manchester fertility is pretty quick although when I cycled it still was 2 months after my consultation, when I thought it should be more immediate as in next cycle!

Offline wibble-wobble

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 27/02/18, 18:40 »
    Kezzie you will probably find you have no nhs funding left if you now have a child.

A lot of Ccg's only fund until a cycle is successful, whether they granted 3 or not. Some ccg's fund fets as part of your cycle if you were lucky enough to get any. Others now charge to use them.

Offline Kezzle

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 4/03/18, 23:17 »
    Kezzie you will probably find you have no nhs funding left if you now have a child.

A lot of Ccg's only fund until a cycle is successful, whether they granted 3 or not. Some ccg's fund fets as part of your cycle if you were lucky enough to get any. Others now charge to use them.

Thatís interesting, I will have to do some research but so far in what Iíve read I havenít seen anything about not being entitled if successful in a previous cycle?! I think I may need to have a chat with my GP.

Offline tarapt

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 8/03/18, 21:38 »
    Hi kezzle.  The NHS site states that to qualify for funded ivf you must not have children already.  It doesn't specify what happens to embryos following a successful cycle however someone I know has just had a successful cycle it's st Mary's and they know that any attempts at a sibling will have to be private.

Offline Kezzle

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 9/03/18, 23:59 »
    Hi kezzle.  The NHS site states that to qualify for funded ivf you must not have children already.  It doesn't specify what happens to embryos following a successful cycle however someone I know has just had a successful cycle it's st Mary's and they know that any attempts at a sibling will have to be private.

Yes the GP confirmed this. St Maryís never told us that any siblings would have to be privately funded as far as my memory serves me. Unless it was written in the mass piles of information we had to sign. I didnít see the part on the CCG website until I specifically searched for it. I will have to get quotes off the hospitals mentioned and go from there.