* Author Topic: Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time  (Read 23235 times)

0 Members

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
So we have a beautiful princess who will be four in three months time, I honestly don't know who is more excited about the possibility of having a baby, us or our darling daughter, she has been asking for a brother/sister (sometimes both) for the last two years.

Here's a bit of our history, I have PCOS and hubby was diagnosed with NOA.
He under went a TESE in November 2012, sperm found and frozen, then...

cycle 1 same time I had EC in Feb 2013 they did another TESE, 25 eggs collected 22 mature enough for ICSI, 10 fertilised, 1 blastocyst transferred, 2 blasts frozen, this cycle ended in a BFN and I had severe OHSS so was admitted.

Cycle 2 - June/July 2013 we had a FET 2 Blasts transferred also a BFN.

Cycle 3 - Aug/sept 3013 another TESE for hubby, 22eggs collected, 20 mature enough for ICSI, 10 fertilised, 2 x day 3 embryos transferred, admitted with OHSS again but not as severe, this cycle resulted in our beautiful daughter 😍 Feel free to read 'speedy first time labour' under labour stories

Cycle 4 - Feb 2014 we had a FET 2 embryos transferred also a BFN.

Cycle 5 - Aug 2016 hubby had yet another TESE as no frozen sperm left, no sperm found 😭 Was told only option was donor sperm, not one to give up and a mound of research later went for a second opinion with Mr Ramsey in London, lots of consultations 150/200 per consultation, investigations i.e bloods costing between 50-150, sperm mapping procedure which cost 4,500 and meds...we have hope!

Cycle 6 - Feb 2018 awaiting fresh cycle...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time
    « Reply #1 on: 16/02/18, 20:56 »
    So over the years I have thought about egg sharing but have never Persued it as we have struggled to find enough sperm for my eggs and wanted to give ourselves the absolute best chance, however this thought has never gone away and over the years reading people's stories and struggles on fertility friends I decided that as this is our last fresh cycle this will be my last chance to be able to share...so in August 2017 we advised our clinic of our decision, various tests and form filling later we have now started Stims 😁

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/02/18, 21:32 »
    We had baseline scan on 13/02/2018 all good to go...stims injections started that evening, 4 amps of Menopur was advised to do it in two needles so 2 amps per one water solution, when it came to mixing the meds my mind went blank and I couldn't remember how to mix it 🙈 Had to take 5 minutes out and go back to them, couldn't get all the solution in the syringe first few times and was conscious of the time but trying not to rush I finally did it! Then came the actually injection, I don't mind needles but there's no way in this earth I could do it myself, we still had the injector pen from previous cycles however when we came to adding the syringe to the pen we both had another blank moment...finally worked it out...half an hour after our planned time to do them the injections were done phew! We have obviously kept to the new times and thankfully by the second evening it all came flooding back to us and we're like pro's again lol!
    4th day today and down to 3 amps in the evenings so just one injection however tomorrow we're adding in cetrotide which means we'll also have injections in the mornings so back up to 2 injections daily.

Gotta rush gotta go mix next lot...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 17/02/18, 13:25 »
    Last nights menopur injection went fine, at least were down to just one injection in the evenings!

This morning we added the Cetrotide injection...it would not fit in the autoinjector pen, hubby popped home from work and I gave him the news he would have to 'freestyle' it, he went a little white but did the job 😂 Then told me he felt really sick 😷 Surprisingly though I hardly felt the needle and it was bigger than the menopur needle 😮

17 more injections to go!

I feel a bit twingy In my left ovary, a couple of twinges in my right and been a bit bloated since day two of injections other than that feel fine...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 18/02/18, 10:53 »
    Not much to report today, injection last night and this morning was uneventful, so my plans for today is cleaning the house, washing and ironing.

We have bloods and scans booked at clinic Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week also have my b12 injection tomorrow (Monday) it can't come soon enough! Have sorted care out for our daughter on these days after morning nursery incase we're not back in time but haven't been able to sort anything out for the week after as yet as won't know when EC is going to be until Friday however my lovely mother has offered her services when ever needed so not concerned.

With regards to work...I haven't told them details... just said I'm having a gynae op wc 26/02/2018 (booked annual leave) and have various appointments the week before so asked if I can work from home, and have asked to work from home for two weeks after my annual leave to aid my recovery, this will take me just past OTD before I'm due to be physically back in work, luckily my boss has agreed (boss is a male so hasn't asked any further questions 😂) However colleagues have noticed in my diary that I'm working from home but only one asked me and my response was I have a few appointments, I now have to pop in for a few meetings so my plan isn't going as well as I hoped but it's not too bad as appointments are in the mornings and meetings are in the afternoon

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 18/02/18, 17:19 »
    So today I have been thinking about the recipient of the eggs, she will likely be on some form of meds to sync our cycles, I hope she and her partner/husband (all I know is they are a heterosexual couple) isn't worrying too much, I hope she is keeping well, she has likely been through a lot of heartache to get to this stage of the journey and I truly hope she is as excited to be receiving some eggs, as I am to be able to share my eggs, I feel absolutely blessed and privileged to (hopefully) be able to donate, and the possibility of being able to help the couple the chance of becoming parents...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 19/02/18, 16:32 »
    Scan this morning showed 18 follicles between 8 and 14mm, there was more showing under 6mm but apparently they don't count these.

I was initially a little disheartened learning there was only 18 follicles as I've previously produced around 22/25 eggs each cycle but as my darlin husband reminded me I'm a lot older now 🤷‍♀️

Now I've had chance to think about it, I've realised it's still a fantastic number, and even though I'll only keep half its still a good number to work with 🤞

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 20/02/18, 09:26 »
    No phone call yesterday to make any alterations to meds so stayed on 3 amps of menopur last night, again it was uneventful (thankfully) think I'm gonna miss mixing the meds come next week... Certainly won't miss being jabbed though 😂

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 21/02/18, 14:03 »
    Scan and bloods this morning, scan showed biggest at 18.5mm, sonographer didnt talk the whole way through until the end, she didn't go through all the sizes and said there's approx 20 but didn't know what the minimum size would be that they extract and she was a bit Narky, nurse appointment after said we have 5 of retrievable size now but others may catch up, she was really grumpy and gave us some wrong information -wasn't impressed at all we've been going there since 2012 and are now private patients but the service is worse than when we were NHS! (It was fab back then)  really hoping and praying the others do catch up otherwise we won't be able to egg share as need minimum of 8  😭 Next bloods and scan on Friday so will find out then when egg collection will be 🤞 Xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 21/02/18, 21:17 »
    So.... we phoned the clinic and spoke to one of the senior nurses we have become to know and explained what was said and that we wasn't happy to see the same nurse again, she couldn't apologise enough and said she will meet with us on Friday after the scan, she also said she will speak to the nurse and pick up the points we raised as she felt it would be an important part of her development, so pleased we phoned now, also feel more relaxed that we will be speaking to someone who knows her stuff and also knows our treatment plan.

Hope the recipient is keeping ok...really don't want to let her down...