* Author Topic: Praying for a 2nd miracle - ICSI #8  (Read 29637 times)

0 Members

Offline Lanee

modify
Praying for a 2nd miracle - ICSI #8
« Reply #180 on: 22/12/20, 02:04 »
Iím sitting here by myself about to consult a new doctor in Asia to see whether I can either transfer my frozen embryos or frozen sperm here to try again.

Things have been better between DH and I but he is still not supportive of me trying here in Asia. He thinks we should wait until the borders open so that Iím not stressed about doing it here and it will also cost around 6x more money so he thinks it is too expensive.

My concern is time and age though so I personally feel that if it is possible, I want to be open and potentially try here. At least get all the information and research it first. So here I am, the first time Iíve really outright lied to DH about where I am. It feels strange and I know Iím not doing anything wrong like cheating on him or anything but it does feel really bizarre.

The other development is that we spoke very thoroughly about potentially adopting one of baby boyís cousins in the future. Iím not sure about it - I definitely love the idea of having a big family but it is a big responsibility and I donít know if I could love the baby like my own. And I donít know how the parents will be - will they still see their child as their own? Perhaps then itís more of a guardianship arrangement. Apparently this is very normal in my husbandís culture to have a child live with an uncle or aunt or be adopted in that way. While it gives me some hope of creating a larger family I also donít know if it will just add more complications.

Anyway .. letís see how things go post this appointment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 28/12/20, 14:37 »
    So not telling DH totally backfired on me. Tomorrow Iím supposed to go back to the IVF clinic for a counselling session and the darn clinic called my husband to check if we were turning up 😱😱😱 obviously he had no idea that I had this set up. I canít believe the darn clinic used my emergency contacts and called DH because they couldnít get through to me 😬🙄

But to back track a little. The appointment with the supposed doctor here who is the ďfather of IVFĒ didnít go as well as I hoped. I didnít have that good a vibe about him even though every thing he said was fine. I just felt it was a little cookie cutter in approach. Even though he seems organised and have a lot of knowledge. The key issue is that he doesnít do fresh cycles - all frozen although he is willing to freeze on day 3. He has really good statistics for success but I just have some hesitation.

Meanwhile things have been going well with DH. We have created a little floor bed to have some privacy and adult time away from baby boy (who sleeps with us in bed). So one night when we were both in a good mood, I asked again and explained how I needed to keep progressing with trying. But he was again adamant that we are to only try in Oz. He wants our babies to be conceived and born in Oz. So with the vibe I felt post seeing the doctor and this chat with DH, I had decided not to go through with the counselling session but forgot to cancel it! Anyway, luckily when he asked me today about the random call he received, I managed to dismiss it and just say I had forgotten to cancel it.  He told me it stressed him out when they called - I actually have no idea why because I have to do all the work and he just needs to support but whatever ...

So thatís where we are at. Iím still keen to transfer my embryos over here in Asia ...truth be told as that is not so expensive and helps me feel like we are trying in parallel. But donít think I can get DH on board with this and if it doesnít succeed Iím sure he will blame me for not listening.

In the meantime, Iím going to take 3 months to get my body in tip top shape with the supplements and acupuncture and hope and pray that somehow the borders can reopen.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #182 on: 31/12/20, 12:10 »
    NYE2021

Canít believe it is NYE. I have that same feeling I used to have while trying for baby #1 but hope I can shake it and focus on all the things to appreciate in my life.

Iíve been feeling a little off the past 3 days. Really tense - with work playing in the back of my mind. The fact that this year is finished and I didnít achieve the pregnancy I wanted. Iím trying to remind myself that I had baby boy 10 years later than I had hoped so itís nothing new to have to wait for good things to happen. 

Anyway hoping 2021 brings so much joy, great health and happiness for everyone. Wishing you all lots of baby dust and hope 2021 is the year that more of our dreams do come true.

Offline Lanee

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 3/01/21, 15:42 »
    Omg third time Iím writing this post as the page keeps timing out and I lose what I wrote before. Must be a sign to be more succinct. 🙄🤣

Day 3 of 2021 and I havenít started to be any healthier. I really do want to try for baby #2 but just canít get into gear.

I feel like Iím in limbo and not having a plan of when I can try again is really making me feel down and out of sorts. DH is still adamant not to try in Asia and I have no idea when Covid is going away. I donít feel like travel will happen anytime in 2021 and my work certainly wonít let me work from Oz again for 4-5mths. So Iím at a total impasse. How will we try if I canít do any cycles. And Iím only 4 months away from turning 41.

My only hope is waiting a few months and asking DH again if he is willing to try in Asia. Hopefully by then we will get a better idea that Covid is not going away and he will be more open. Iíve had some crazy thoughts like quitting my job to move back to Oz but it totally doesnít make any sense to give up a decent paying job for no job in Oz just to try for IVF. And even if crazy, both these plans take time. And time is not on my side.

A friend of mine just announced she is pregnant at 43 and for the first time, Iíve felt hopeful rather than jealous. Iím trying to feel comfortable with being an older mum and not being worried about that and just having some faith that we can have a baby even if Iím 42 or 43. The other thing Iím trying to feel ok about is the age gap between baby 1 & 2. I wanted them to be close in age but I need to feel ok with a bigger age gap. I went through all of this the first time around with having to readjust my dreams and expectations and I know if we are lucky enough to have baby #2, all these fears will evaporate and we will just be so grateful.

Iím also trying to get comfortable with if it doesnít happen for us, baby boy will have his cousins to have a relationship with as Iíve been feeling guilty about not being able to give him a sibling.

Anyway ... am enjoying time with baby boy and loving his clingyness- itís such a different experience being a mum. An experience I could never imagine and am so grateful for. One day left of my holidays before I get back to work 😓.