* Author Topic: Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time  (Read 23186 times)

0 Members

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
modify
Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time
« Reply #10 on: 22/02/18, 07:28 »
I think the reason I'm so hett up/concerned about the number and size of follicles is because we have never been given the exact number or sizes before so didn't worry as we didn't know until egg collection, sometimes a bit of information is dangerous lol! I guess I've just got to trust my body and the consultant as well as have lots of protein!

My abdomen is feeling quite full/uncomfortable this morning, so taking that as a good sign 😊

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 22/02/18, 11:17 »
    So scan and bloods will be tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to tell us when egg collection will be... if I recall correctly we'll get a phone call in the afternoon with this information once they have the blood results of all the patients and look at scheduling everyone, there was 9 or 10 patients having their day 9 scan yesterday ofcourse not all would be ready for egg collection on Monday but I hope they don't keep patients waiting another day or so just because they don't have enough capacity- this won't be the case this is just me overthinking things especially due to the nurse we saw yesterday said to me and the patient before me that we may need to keep stimming over the weekend and come back for scans and bloods on Monday and I think we both looked shocked when we were each told.

My biggest follicle yesterday was 18.5 so it's grown 2mm per day the last couple of days, it could be 22 tomorrow and 26 by Monday! I know this sometimes happens to give the others chance to catch up but I have also read that once eggs are cooked too long it affects the rest of the batch however have also read others having a positive cycle when this has happened so who knows??!!

I don't know why but I've got it in my head it will be Monday ^idiot^ Probably because I have been ready by the Monday in previous cycles. I have also asked that we have 2 x day 3's transferred, here's hoping we even get that far 🤞🤞🤞 ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

It's feeling very real right now...to think I (and recipient) could be testing 3 weeks today  :o

Ok so it's clear I am a crazy/mad/obsessed person and have a love/hate relationship with IVF! I love the fact I am actively doing something, I hate the waiting, I love the stims, I hate the hurdles, I love the scans, I hate the secrecy, and I both love and hate the 2ww so much hope, anticipation and analysing everything ;D

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 23/02/18, 18:14 »
    Day 11 scan and bloods today, didn't get all the sizes again but biggest is now 21.5mm, didn't get Estrogen levels today as they were still waiting for the results but got last two readings as...

Day 9 E2 levels were 4300
    Day 7 E2 levels were 2017

Received phone call 16:30 this afternoon confirming Egg Collection will be Tuesday morning at 11:00hrs (27/02/2018) assuming this is to give me an extra day stimming to allow some of the smaller follicles to grow, please please grow!

Apparently recipient attended clinic yesterday, not sure what for as they are quite vague with information (understandably) they were very happy with progress and and said they were very grateful- awwww!! hubby then asked if they were a nice couple to which the nurse replied 'yes a very nice couple' super pleased not that we would/could change anything if she said anything different 😂 But was lovely to hear!

So 5 more injections to go including the trigger xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 25/02/18, 10:38 »
    late update...

We are to continue with menopur 3 amps with the last one being sat evening (24th Feb) and last Cetrotide will be Sunday morning.

Trigger (Gonasi) will be 23:00 on Sunday evening (36 hours before Egg Collection)

Pessaries will start Monday morning and to be taken every 12 hours with exception to egg collection day as it's inserted just after egg collection.

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 25/02/18, 10:49 »
    Last menopur and Cetrotide now taken, just trigger left to do tonight  :)

Feeling quite uncomfortable when sitting down especially on a hard surface it feels like my ovaries are being pushed up 🙈

Med free day tomorrow 😉

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 26/02/18, 11:04 »
    Trigger injection last night, crumbs the needle felt thick going in/out wasn't painful though! That's it...last ever ivf injection done...pessaries started this morning...nice...the things we do eh?

Egg collection booked for 11am tomorrow!!! Super excited and nervous, really really hope there's a decent amount of eggs in those follicles  ^pray^  ^pray^ recipient couple due to go in first thing tomorrow morning and will be out of the building well before we arrive, assuming this is for the partner/hubby to give a sperm sample...

So during/following my last egg retrieval I had a bleed so was kept in overnight, I know this isn't the norm but still debating whether to pack an overnight bag just incase?

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 27/02/18, 14:44 »
    Egg collection done this morning, 15 eggs in total so 8 for us and 7 for recipient, really hope they're happy with that, how many would you like/want as a recipient? Feel a bit tender but not too bad at all 😊

Woke up to lots of snow this morning so was concerned about the 80mile round trip but all the main roads were ok thankfully but lots more snow due later this week, senior embryologist has confirmed he's happy to transfer 2 x day 3 embryos (as long as we get that far) so transfer anticipated for Friday  ^pray^🤞

Will get a call this afternoon to confirm how many are mature enough and have been injected as were having ICSI, then daily phone calls with progress 🤞🤞🤞

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 27/02/18, 17:28 »
    7 out of my allocated 8 eggs were mature enough to be injected (ICSI) now to wait for the phone call tomorrow morning to see how many have fertilised 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 28/02/18, 09:34 »
    Still waiting for the phone call to see how many fertilised...

10:05am phone call received all 7 have fertilised  :)

Now to wait for phone call tomorrow morning with update  on how they are developing ^pray^

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 1/03/18, 15:19 »
    All 7 have continued to develop with a bit of variety, we have 1 at 3cell, 4 at 4cell, and 2 at 5cell booked in for transfer at 11:30am tomorrow  ^pray^

Mother-in-law has very kindly offered to come up and spend the weekend with us to help me look after LG and keep her entertained whilst I hopefully get a bit of rest in, she lives in South Wales and we're in north Wales, due to the snow her trains were changed then cancelled etc she's had to go to Bristol then Birmingham then Shrewsbury where hubby will pick her up from and Drive the rest of the way...6 and a half hours later and she will be here, better make sure the kettles on 😂