* Author Topic: Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time  (Read 23216 times)

0 Members

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
modify
Trying for a sibling, also egg sharing this time
« Reply #140 on: 12/01/20, 13:51 »
Private scan was so magical not only did we get to see our new baby but so did our daughter, my parents and my MIL as found out the clinic allows 7guests such a wonderful moment, heard the heartbeat and had it recorded and put into a heartbeat teddy bear for our daughter to keep 🥰 baby also have a Ďthumbs upí and they kind of managed to capture it and they put a message on the picture to say Ďhi xí (daughters name) she was soo made up and hasnít put the teddy down 💓

We have our NHS 20 week scan tomorrow and weíll be halfway through already...madness!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 14/01/20, 22:15 »
    So we had our 20 week scan yesterday, baby and heartbeat was seen but bladder was too full so went to empty it and went back in and baby was all curled up so was sent for a walk and asked to go back so they could check rest of the organs and finish measurements...all was ok in the end 🥰

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 25/01/20, 08:54 »
    So a few days ago I wasnít feeling great, had right sided abdo pain and had black spots in my vision, popped to the pregnancy unit for BP to be checked mine is normally around 110/60 and it was 138/84 so high for me, they tested my urine and found protein, these are obviously signs of pre eclampsia! I mentioned that I had been itching all over (sign of obstetric cholestasis which my friend had otherwise I wouldnít have thought to mention  -midwife did comment on all the scratch marks after checking my skin) long story short they took bloods and thankfully all came back ok but Iíve got to have BP and urine checked twice weekly for a couple of weeks or until BP has come down, and bloods weekly until itching stops. 

Went yesterday and BP was 120/80, urine was ok, had more bloods and MW noticed legs are swollen so need to keep an eye on them.

Trying not to worry and just glad I went to be checked when I did so at least they can keep an eye on us.  Bought a BP machine and some urine strips the other day so I can test and reassure myself or at least let the midwife know if thereís anything shows but more for the reassurance in between appointments. 

Plus theyíre not going to go to waste as they will probably come in handy at some point in the future.

Just over 18 weeks left which I know will fly by, Iíve got 3 weeks in work then a week off then 7 weeks in then a week off then 3 weeks before I finish work.  When I finish Iíll have a week to myself then on second week off itís daughters 6th birthday and family will be up for a few days and my third week off is half term and the following week is due date 😀 xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 27/01/20, 19:17 »
    Midwife appointment this morning and BP was 142/88 and protein in urine so was sent to the pregnancy unit for an urgent review. BP had come back down a bit by the time they did my Obs but pulse was 105 they suggested my headaches are a migraine but that doesnít explain the BP and protein 🙄. Anyway they recommended I go for an eye test so I have booked one for Wednesday.  Back on Friday for BP and urine check.

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 9/05/20, 21:02 »
    How have I not posted here for sooooooooo long? I have now finished work for maternity leave  ;D

Pleased to report baby seems to be ok wriggling around in there can believe weíre nearly 37 weeks pregnant!

Trying to recall latest updates, last midwife appointment at 35 weeks suggested for us to start stretch and sweeps at 38 weeks.  Had consultant appoint ment at 36 weeks and saw the registrar who advised to start stretch and sweeps at 39 weeks.  Last time we saw consultant he suggested induction at 40 weeks but Reg said 41 weeks so some inconsistencies and I have since found out the consultant was a locum so I have found out which consultant we are now under and have asked for clarification so just waiting on an update.

Nursery is decorated and think most if not everything is now washed, cleaned, ironed and in its correct place.

Just a little concerned about the labour or should I say our daughter whilst I am in labour, the plan was she was going to go to my parents when we go into hospital however due to the Corona Iím not certain this is the right thing to do, they are both vulnerable due to existing health conditions.  Plus daughter has never slept anywhere else apart from our house and has never had a night away from us...also the fact hubby wonít be allowed in the hospital with me until Iím 4cm dilated which is fine but again itís more about dropping daughter off picking her up to potentially have to do it again x amount of times. Iím sure deep down everything will be ok xx

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 18/05/20, 14:04 »
    38 weeks today and absolutely thrilled keep wanting to pinch myself, so we have spent the last week sorting the front and back gardens, I have gone through all my clothes and had a good sort out and have been through a load of paperwork and files /shredded feels so good to have the time to get these jobs done, have also been redecorating living room and once thatís done will be moving into the downstairs toilet room.

Our beautiful princess will be 6 in a couple of days WOW where the hell has 6 years gone 😳

Still havenít heard back from consultant to confirm about the induction so will be giving them a ring this afternoon...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 21/05/20, 12:43 »
    Had midwife this morning and all observations are ok, go back in 6 days for stretch and sweep  :) canít believe how close we are now to holding our precious baby in our arms 😍 xx

I know I will be a little sad to no longer be pregnant I love pregnancy from 30 weeks itís when I feel I can relax a little and start believe this is really happening, and feeling bubs move around inside me is so magical and I know I will never feel this again BUT I will have my precious longed for babies here to love forever and that is the most important thing.  This journey has been so tough and I honestly donít know how we have got through it but you find the strength and carry on 🥰

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 28/05/20, 07:31 »
    39 weeks...
    We had a mini photo shoot outside the other day and the photographer managed to capture some lovely photos of me and my bump, my princess and some of us as a family of 3(4)

The following day there was a knock at the door and afternoon tea was delivered and hubby very timely sent me a video of friends and family wishing us a happy virtual baby shower, the messages were truly wonderful and heartfelt..,all arranged by my best friend she is such a sweetheart 😍

So had stretch and sweep yesterday (wed) and midwife said I was Ďfavourableí which sounded positive.
    Back on Friday for another then again on Monday (due date) if nothing has happened beforehand.  Weíre also booked in for Induction on Wednesday as a precautionary measure..,finally heard back from the hospital to confirm they donít want us going to 41 weeks...so glad I questioned it 😳

Following stretch and sweep yesterday Iíve had some period pain/Braxton hicks as expected but no show as yet, so using today to have another whizz around the house then Iím hoping we can have a day or two relaxing as itís been non stop for the last couple of weeks with painting etc but baby will come when he/she is ready x

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 29/05/20, 18:36 »
    2nd stretch and sweep this morning, bit of brown discharge a couple of hours later and a little bit of period pain but nothing else so far...

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 30/05/20, 22:28 »
    Had half a fresh pineapple at 4:30pm then half crispy chilli beef from the Chinese 🌶 🥵 for tea, will have the other halves tomorrow then have another stretch and sweep booked in on Monday, this is my plan to get things moving before Induction on Wednesday.