* Author Topic: Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic  (Read 16566 times)

0 Members

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
« Reply #120 on: 2/12/19, 02:45 »
Ruthannah happy to hear that the bleed is not a problem!  Are you in Cyprus now?  Is it your first time there?  Now I'm wishing I was back there too! :)

Inaaya I had 2 transferred.  3 are back there frozen.  Would you believe I had 23 eggs collected but only 5 made it?

MommyKenny how is your pregnancy?  Still feeling nauseous? 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #121 on: 3/12/19, 06:15 »
    Thanks MommyKenny for responding
    My Dunya coordinator is the one who told me 100 euros for consultation and when i asked why that is she said the free consultation is only for people who have already paid for their treatment and it did not make sense to me, because if you have already paid for treatment it means you are in 100%
    I have already done all the tests and send them over and was almost going to start in November if it wasn't for the abnormal bleed I got.

And oh everything came back fine
    The gynae consultant i saw was very good and she explained that it could be the small fibroids that i have that caused the bleed and she also told me they are outside the womb so won't interfere with implantation. Thank God for that.

So am flying out tomorrow evening to cyprus for the prp procedure and will visit a couple of clinics while am out there

Hi Ruthannah - I asked my coordinator about that as it confused me too - she said online consultation, phone consultation or consultation with patient coordinator or nurse in Cyprus is free but with 100 euro they get special consultation with either Dr. Berk or Dr. Alper along with an ultrasound scan.  It becomes refundable if they continue with the treatment.  She explains that this is for patients that go to Cyprus and does "shopping"between clinics.  Kinda makes sense.

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #122 on: 3/12/19, 06:20 »
    Ruthannah happy to hear that the bleed is not a problem!  Are you in Cyprus now?  Is it your first time there?  Now I'm wishing I was back there too! :)

Inaaya I had 2 transferred.  3 are back there frozen.  Would you believe I had 23 eggs collected but only 5 made it?

MommyKenny how is your pregnancy?  Still feeling nauseous?

Hello Maeve, not much anymore.  I'm feeling much better actually!  Thank God!  What about you?

Offline VanGn

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #123 on: 3/12/19, 07:20 »
    Hello all, sorry been feeling low.  I didn't realize the sadness would hit me hard much later.  Hoping to get my spirits up during the holidays.  Just spending time with friends and family.  But I like seeing all your good news.  Really.  It keeps my hopes up.

Offline Ruthannah

• God will make a way
    modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #124 on: 4/12/19, 20:16 »
    Hi All
    Got back from Cyprus today and only had a few winks as was working all day
    I went to 3 clinics in total and my initial gut instinct to go with Dunya was right
    In another time i will document in detail on this trip.

The recommendation from Dunya was for me to have a hysterescopy and a biopsy and maybe scrappings, my lining is 19mm and they said thats way too thick.
    Its one thing after the other but its important to make sure that all is good before you even start.

And oh they didn't charge me, my coordinator even just a couple of hours  before i got to the clinic she told me i was going to pay and was quite surprised (pleasantly so) when after consultation they said they wouldn't charge me.
    So back to the gynae doctor for me.

Maeve88Troy I have been to cyprus a few times (3 failed treatments there)

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #125 on: 6/12/19, 03:45 »
    Hello Ruthannah, glad you decided on Dunya and I can't wait to see your details - kindly share?  I hope you can share your insights on the other 2 clinics as well.  Are the other two clinics you visited not the same as the three failed treatments you had before?  Although we cannot truly say the clinic was responsible for the fails.  Sometimes our situations are just different.  But I would love to see you insights nonetheless.

MommyKenny amazingly my backaches have gone!  Another thing has replaced it but less of a bother, I feel so constipated.  (sorry) But I'm loading up on water and fiber rich foods.  Glad to know you are feeling better!

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #126 on: 6/12/19, 03:47 »
    VanGn, happy to see your post again!  Hope you have a happy holiday!  :)

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #127 on: 9/12/19, 04:35 »
    Hi VanGn!  May you have the best that the holidays have to offer!  We're right here for you.  Let us know as soon as you have decided to get back on the horse, so to speak.  Enjoy Christmas dear!

Ruthannah sorry to hear about the added tests but sometimes we have to make ourselves like robots and follow orders and try to keep emotions at bay.  Good luck on those test and keep us updated!

Maeve good for you!  That new problem is I suppose, more manageable?  Yes, I am feeling so relieved right now.  Still counting the days - 20w3d now.  Still a long way to go but at least crossed the halfway mark.

Offline Ruthannah

• God will make a way
    modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #128 on: 16/12/19, 23:16 »
    Hi All
    Its very quite on here
    Just thought i will briefly say
    When team miracle broke off it was the time i was having my transfer etc so i had my transfer at british kolan and the following week the team moved to the new hospital, which i managed to visit before flying back home.
    Fast forward a few months to a year later things have rapidly gone down
    The coordinator made me wait for almost 2 hours and i had to check again with reception if she knew i was still waiting. After about 10more minutes she then came and said the doctor will see me in about 30 minutes.
    In that consultation room before they even finished with me almost everyone was on their phones including the doctor, i know the role of phones or technology in their line of business is important but mmmmmm

The toilet on the first floor was so smelly, and i only went in there coz they asked me to empty my bladder for the scan
    I was told the scan was fine

the other clinic (elite) aka north cyprus had done a scan too and had said my lining was too thick at 19mm and wanted to do a biopsy for 500 and i said no, so they said they would not do any treatment until i had had it looked at (to which i said it was okay i would have it looked at home}
    In this clinic i met a few people dealing with me as i had a procedure and not even a single person introduced themselves to me.It was like being on a conveyer belt.

Then i went to dunya, where i was met with smiles and hellos and introductions, and cleanliness and proper consultation, so many times the doctor addressed me and asked me if i had any questions at all and i asked as many as i thought of and was given what i think and feel is genuineness 

I know we chose clinics for so many reasons and i would have even liked to continue with dr f even though i had failed treatment with her but honestly i was shocked at how things have so much changed in a year.

I don't know what dunya holds for me but even before the consultation i was gonna go with them anyway so the visit was just a confirmation  of what i had already decided ( and i honestly went with an open mind)
    This is just my opinion and so i have tried not to mention any names

Hope you guys are all doing well

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Cyprus Dunya IVF Clinic
    « Reply #129 on: 18/12/19, 05:32 »
    Hello Ruthannah!  Thank you for sharing your experience with the 3 clinics!  I am sure this will help other ladies in this forum.  And since I went to Dunya too, it is nice to share the same sentiments with you.  I suppose you are having the tests (biopsy and all) at your hometown?  I hope those go well.  Good luck and I do hope you get your baby this time.

As for me, been busy with holiday stuff.  We own a store and of course this season is the peak.  So super busy!  Luckily the symptoms have gone down and feeling a lot better.  More than halfway through but still another half to go!  Let's wish for a good and fruitful year for all of us! :)