Treatment support > Ovulation Induction, Clomid & Tamoxifen

DH has low sperm count - can we conceive naturally?

(1/2) > >>

Emioo:
Hi,

We have been ttc for a year and I have had a hycosy which said everything was fine but progesterone a little low. Dh has low sperm count at 5 mil and varicoceles. Long wait for urology apt. I have been put on clomid but have read so many stories saying it's pointless if you are ovulating and dh has low sperm count. Everyone around me either has a baby or is pregnant I swear! Insanely nice doctor but I am not sure what the point is of clomid for someone ovulating already. Would love a success story from anyone in similar position without use of IVF? Thanks x

misty2017:
hi emioo

unfortunately i don't have any success stories but i'm in the same boat as you, i've just started my 1st round of clomid ( i ovulate fine on my own also), partners sperm count is 9million, surely there must be a little hope for us if the docs have prescribed clomid, wishing you luck x

Emioo:
Thank you Misty. Fingers crossed. No AF yet but had symptoms.

Emioo:
Now on second month and currently in the middle of cycle somewhere. Anyone out there with any success stories?

Katie791:
Hi, just wanted to add that although we did have ivf to conceive our daughter, we had a little miracle bfp while waiting to start a frozen cycle. As per my signature, my husbands sperm count had been severely affected by a mumps infection when he was younger. The count, motility and morphology were all well below normal...cant quite remember exact numbers but the count was no more than 5 million. As far as figures go, we were told it would be highly unlikely wed ever conceive naturally. So yes, it can happen even though I never ever thought it would for us  :) Good luck xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version