* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 64420 times)

0 Members

Offline Pinkie77

modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #100 on: 28/05/18, 20:53 »
Hi HLE and Bossy, thanks for asking after me, all good here thanks, starting to get a little nervous for my scan next week though! Bossy I'm sorry to hear about your father's reaction to your tattoo, I know there's no excuse for it but sometimes I think men get nervous when talking about things like this and it makes them say stupid, insensitive things.

Kayte, it sounds like you have it straight in your head, I had to read it a couple of times though lol. The reason we went for dd was to match up more of our requests really. I have a less common blood group so may have had quite a wait for embryo donation. Yes they do only guarantee 2 good quality day 3 embryos on the dd guarantee but we were secretly hoping for more, I was initially disappointed when only 3 fertilised but we did get one to freeze and transferred 2. We also had discussed trying a day 3 transfer which this gave us the chance to do, all my other transfers had been day 5 and I never had a bfp from these cycles, admittedly they were cycles using my own (old) eggs.
I hope this helps. I know how difficult it is trying to plan your whole life around ivf, it's very unfair.

Caro78, welcome to the group, this forum really does help when we have worries and concerns and everyone is just lovely even if it's just a little chat and reassurance you need. I am also on clexane and I asked my co ordinator last week when I should stop injecting this as I've never been tested for thrombophilia mutations. She said if you have no known clotting problems in your family you can stop it after the 6/7 week scan. I am 5 + 5 today so we are at roughly the same stage, when is your scan?

I'm doing well at the moment, boobs still tender, feeling exhausted through the day, needing nanna naps lol and I'm eating for about 5 which isn't normal for me! I haven't booked a midwife appointment yet as I'd like to get the early scan done first. My mum is a midwife so I'll probably go down to a clinic near her for my care. It still hasn't sunk in, I'm hoping the scan next week will prove it to me haha

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 28/05/18, 21:27 »
    Hi Pinkie!

Congratulations! I know what you mean about it not having sunk in yet! I never thought Iíd get this far, but itís so nerve wracking! Iím also feeling absolutely exhausted and am constantly hungry - but I think that is probably the progesterone too!  I am hoping that my scan is next Wednesday, 6th June. Iím waiting for confirmation as the private consultant that does my scans etc over here is on holiday next week so Iím having to go somewhere else. I will be 6+4 so it may be too early, but we are on holiday from the day after for ten days and my co-ordinator at Gennet has said that 6+4 will be ok! When is yours? Glad weíve both been told the same about the Clexane, I couldnít find anything online about stopping at 6/7 weeks.

Hope everything goes well.
    Take care 😊

Offline mrsmblyng

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 29/05/18, 02:02 »
    First, congratulations to everyone who has BFP - Caro, Pinkie, anyone I've missed. I completely understand the anxiety and delight. Wishing those little ones to keep growing and growing!

Tbfromlv - amazing follicles! Surely there will be many great options from that batch! Hopefully, egg collection went well!

Bossy - I'm so sorry about your father's reaction. How insensitive. This is part of the reason that I am not telling my family. My mother, while well-intentioned, can really be tone deaf sometimes and, if not tone deaf, a terrible gossip. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo to commemorate my unborn little ones, too. I am debating (with myself) whether to include the four embryos from IVF that were unusable.

AFM, I'm still waiting for my period to arrive. I think I ovulated 7-10 days ago, so should be anytime now. Thank you for your kind words. My latest m/c really was a topsy turvy sort of thing. I was going in to get on birth control to begin my donor cycle when I tested one last time and it was +. My numbers looked good, I felt like everything was as it was supposed to be - I felt great/terrible. But, the embryo never developed. If anything, it was further confirmation that I'm doing the right thing by pursuing an egg donor. It also was nice to be able to almost have a trial run of some of the immune protocol, even if started somewhat late (after BFP). I was able to get a lot ironed out. Had it worked out, it would have been an amazing story - last cycle before I moved on to DE, etc. Oh well. Some stories don't have a happy ending. I only had to move my donor cycle back about six weeks and I have a donor - she sounds like a better version of me, so I'm thrilled with that and excited to move on. :)

Offline Tbfromlv

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 29/05/18, 08:49 »
    Ill catch up on the posts in a little bit, I promise!  but Iím about to lose WiFi lol
    Day 1 Report
    33 eggs collected
    26 mature
    23 fertilized

So far I feel fine. No real bloating, a little gas but otherwise Iím good. I hope it stays that way.

Offline marellocherry

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 29/05/18, 11:51 »
    Bossy - omg, what a terrible comment! I hope you're OK after that. You really have been very strong and I think it must be quite hard for a man of a different generation to understand what you've been through. Btw I'm on cabergoline atm for my OHSS (it was mild, not like yours), and I was reading that you can be on it during the cycle as a preventative measure. Has that been suggested?

Pinkie - big congrats!!!! I hope things continue so well and you start feeling less tired soon.

Tbfromlv - wow what a haul, hopefully that should get you some good quality embies and frosties :)

AFM - our one embryo made it to day 3 as a grade B so they froze it. We have an appointment booked for our dr mid June to discuss what happened. My main thinking is there's no point putting my body through it and flogging a dead horse to try and improve my egg quality if the chances are low. Anyway, I'll know more when I speak to him. I'm a bit concerned as I've been taking blood thinners and I've just realised that might mean I can't have the endo surgery I've got scheduled for next week. Argh! Final question - when can I expect AF after egg collection, I'm desperate for my tummy to go down!

Offline washrag21

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 30/05/18, 17:39 »
    Hullo ladies

Gosh so much happens on this board so quickly!

Caro - welcome and congrats!

Marello - sorry to hear youíve had a tough time of it, hope the doctor can give you some answers and help you decide what to do next.

Bossy - exciting news that you have a new cycle booked in, thats great to hear.  Iím sorry to hear about your dadís beyond insensitive comment though, I guess some people struggle to understand about infertility and can be so thoughtless. Tattoo looks lovely and a wonderful reminder for you.  I planted two climbing roses for my two miscarriages last summer and they are just coming into bloom for the first time now which is lovely. 

Tbfromlv - good news for you, amazing numbers - Iím not sure my body has ever produced that many eggs in my lifetime ha!

Mrsmblyng - hope your period has turned up or does very soon.  Mine is still missing!  Now on cycle day 43 sigh.  Pelvic ultrasound on Monday revealed my endo is back with a vengeance with cysts all over left ovary again but no reason showing as to absent period.  Doctor reckoned itís stress (although years of TTC stress has never made it late/disappear before!).  Iíve now got to go to my GP tomorrow to get a drug to bring on my period.  Cannot believe Iím even writing that sentence, oh the irony...

I had a question about when you find out about donor - Iím due to transfer on 1 August but nothing from Gennet about donor as yet.  Is this normal time wise - itís only about 9 weeks away?

Sorry if Iíve forgotten anyone!

Offline mrsmblyng

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 30/05/18, 17:55 »
    Hi Washrag - Still waiting for my period, too....  So annoying. I might need to have an US done as well. I definitely don't have endometriosis (that I'm aware of), but I am worried that somehow my m/c was not complete or something.

Re: your question about donor. I refused to commit to a date until they gave me satisfactory information about the donor and I accepted the donor, which I have as I'm expecting to transfer also on August 1. Of course, remember, that they had to pick out a donor for me for my original date of June 15thish, so I might be ahead of the game. Also, keep in mind that I am blood type agnostic, so it may be easier to find a donor with all of my characteristics. That said, I did sort of have to insist when they offered me the date that I wasn't committing until I approved the donor.

Hope that helps!

Offline washrag21

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 30/05/18, 18:09 »
    Mrsmblyng - itís so annoying isnít it? I just want to get on and focus on the next phase now (this was my last cycle before taking the pill too and I was also hoping for a miracle story! Oh well...). It just feels my body is at war with me all the time, so exhausting.

Iím glad I got the ultrasound done as was starting to imagine all sorts of awful reasons why period late so reassuring to know whatís going on in there.

Thatís good to know about your approach to donor - I just agreed to the first date they offered as time is not on my side and weíve decided to call it a day if Iím not pregnant by end of the year and look at adoption instead.  This is why I donít want to delay and period is not helping at all grrr.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 30/05/18, 20:51 »
    TB, 23 fertilized eggs.... that is beyond incredible! What a super starting point.

Bossy, I felt so sad to read your dad's comment. The journey is traumatic enough without adding additional trauma of lack of support/kindness from those close to you. My family doesn't even know anything about our journey the past 4 years. I stopped telling them anything after our last OE miscarriage over our wedding anniversary. Sometimes it makes me feel really sad, but I can only try myself to be a better person to others when they are going through hard situations. I personally think you are amazing!

Washrag, I'm trying to remember what happened with my fresh cycle in the Fall. I think I was booked in during the Summer based on blood group, and then was given the donor's details a couple months later. I can't quite remember between that and the double donor cycle. I think because it was organized around blood groups, they would have offered me other profiles if for some reason I turned the first one down.

Marello, it will be interesting to see what your doctor advises... that day 3 embie could be a potential baby, you just never know!

Hle, Sunny, so great to hear from you as always... hope you both are feeling well!

Hello to Caro and Mrs and everyone else! Mrs I hope things start rolling along soon for you!

AFM, I emailed Tereza and said any possible word on a match? 5 weeks ago we were told the wait time was 2-3 months. Which was shorter than last time when it was 2-4 months. She wrote me back and said no match yet, the wait time is 2-4 months. I was like huh? From today or from 5 weeks ago? Sigh. I guess I'll just email again to clarify that.

I am finding it really hard to wait and not think about time passing. I'm having increased difficulty and anxiety coping with it. Thanks for commiserating with me, as for many reasons so many of you have had to wait before or are now too. I just don't know how to proceed with life - what happens if I pay tuition for July and then get the match? I wouldn't be able to miss 1/4 of a course for the travel and transfer. I stayed on the bcp so I can stop it on a second's notice to start the cycle, when I hear the word. What if it's even after that? What if they can't find anything that matches? I know no one, including the clinic, has any answers, but I detect something in me changing as a person as I continue to pursue this and work through all the botched cycles. Some days I don't even know if I like myself, lol! I'm not explaining myself well, but somehow I know you understand.

Love to everyone.

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 2/06/18, 08:06 »
    Hi Kayte

I hope you donít mind me responding, I just wanted to say that I was lucky enough to get a cancellation for a date for my fresh donor cycle in January. We had our initial appt over Skype on 1st November and our transfer was on 17th January! Iím not telling you this to annoy you, but just wondered if it may be worth telling Gennet to let you know if there are any cancellations and then if it fits in with you you can accept it if not you havenít lost anything. I donít quite understand how it works as they seem to have different time slots for different blood types, but they are very well organised so there must be a reason! Donít know if that helps or not, but itís so frustrating to be in limbo and to not be able to make any firm plans.

Good luck
    Caro 😊