* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 64569 times)

0 Members

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #120 on: 6/06/18, 12:26 »
Washrag so happy for you! Finally! It's always so strange that we are desperate for our periods to come :)) not long now for you xx

Tbf that's just amazing, 8 frosties oh my God!! That's so incredibly reassuring! Fingers crossed for a strong BFP this week xx

Hle wooow 7 weeks only?? Can't believe it's been that long since the transfer already! You must be so excited to meet your baby xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 6/06/18, 16:42 »
    Yep 7 weeks. Crazy isn't it! I am very excited and still not believing it's real haha. 4 more weeks at work to go until I finish. Woo hoo! xx

Offline Pinkie77

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 6/06/18, 16:47 »
    quick update from me, had my scan yesterday at 6 + 6, one wiggly little bean see with lovely strong heartbeat and measuring 6 + 4 so really happy. How did your scan go today caro?

Stopped the prednisolone but Gennet asked me to check with my uk obstetrician regarding stopping clexane. They had previously said I could stop it after seeing a heartbeat, when I questioned them on this they said they'd checked with a doctor and then said I was ok to stop it, this indecisiveness made me a little nervous so I'm seeing the consultant next week so hopefully stopping it then.
    For the ladies that are further on, when did you stop clexane and when and how did you stop utrogestan and progynova, did you stop it on 12 weeks or wean yourself off gradually after 12 weeks? Xx

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 6/06/18, 17:03 »
    Hi Pinkie!

Congrats on your scan - brilliant! Itís so amazing, isnít it? Ours went really well, also one little bean with a strong heartbeat measuring 6+6, Iím actually 6+4 but the consultant said that it is normal and growing well! Such a relief and amazing to see a little life 😊

I asked the consultant today about stopping the clexane and he said that I should stop it. Iíve been advised by him and my gp to start taking baby aspirin, but that is due to my age as I
    am 40 next month. So I now have the advice from Gennet ( I asked twice!), my gp and the consultant (obstetrician and gynaecologist) today and I feel a bit more confident about stopping- Iím relieved too as Iíve had to use Inhixa for the last few days as there is apparently a shortage of clexane and the needle is much thicker with no safety cover! No fun at all 😕 In my area the nhs arenít interested in seeing me until 12 weeks, which is why I chose to have my private scan with a consultant.

I stopped taking the prednisolone before my transfer as was having terrible side effects to Gennet advised to stop as it was only precautionary. My protocol says to stop after confirmation of heartbeat though. Iíve been told to continue with Progynova and crinone til 12 weeks.

I hope everyone else is doing well xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 6/06/18, 22:27 »
    Hi Pinkie

The clinic advise on how to wean off the medication and most of them will stop at 12 weeks either straight away, or over a few days. You will be advised by a UK consultant about whether you will need to continue with clexane2or equivalent depending on how many risk factors you have for good clots. Previous clots/family history, Age, weight, IVF, ethnicity and varicose veins are some of them and you need to tick 3/4 of them I think to stay on it. My midwife asseesed me and got.it prescribed from the consultant before I even saw them.

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 7/06/18, 00:45 »
    Hello Ladies!

How are you all doing?  I know I've been quiet but I have been thinking of you all!  Hello to all the new ladies - while I haven't read your stories please know that I'm thinking of you and sending you strength and hugs. 

Bossy, how are you? I think of you often but don't reach out because I don't think i have anything helpful to say. But i hope you know how much you have and had continue to help me on my own journey.. eventhough we never met, i think of you as a friend and I'm praying for you. xoxo

Hle - I was thinking of you too and figured it's getting close! Sending you hugs and strength xoxo

Kayte - I haven't read past posts but I'm hopeful that things are progressing for you guys and I'm hopeful that it will all work out for the best! Thinking of you often!

SunnyFl- Hi!  So glad to hear you are doing well. For what it's worth, the worrying doesn't end. We aren't like "most people" who don't have to work for it, so i think the fear is ten fold with us. But for everyone hang on!  Sending you all strength! 

I think i'm missing a few like Pinkie and Marello and Ikle but i do think of you all as well.  I will read up on your posts and hopefully write appropriate personals after. 

AFM - I'm at 19 weeks (17 since the transfer) and the Dr heard the heartbeat and also heard it move, so Thankfully all is good.  I don't have a whole lot to say but i just wanted to touch base and let you all know that i'm thinking of you, even if i'm absent for a bit. 

Sending you all love and strength and hugs!
    xoxo
    Lillie

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 7/06/18, 03:11 »
    So lovely to hear about those moving forward onto next steps, and scans going well. Lillie, great to hear from you. I don't read as often anymore either as I deal with the wait, but like you also think of all of us connected together in this journey often. Hle, 7 weeks... wow!! I remember when we went a week apart and you had been waiting for those embryos for so long. Just amazing. So soon you will finally be a mommy :)

Bossy, I have no news either LOL, just nice to hear from everyone and check-in on how others are doing. Thanks for your kind words. We are in this together!

Actually, I guess a little news would be I had a consult with Sue Taylor of IVF Traveler today. I've read about her over the years and finally decided to consult her expertise. She was so lovely and knowledgeable just as everybody says. Basically I let her know that I'm struggling to wait for so many months in between cycles and feel I'm losing control of my life, though as I type that it sounds a little dramatic, lol. I wanted to know, should I stay with Gennet, still claiming 2-4 month wait (which could potentially put me at 6 months in between cycles!) or try a place like Reprofit, where there is never a wait. As much as it would be a kicker to start again with yet another new clinic, and one not directly in Prague, and when I do like Gennet.

She said the main difference is Reprofit specializes in PGS-tested DD embryos. It is definitely more expensive per embryo, of course. If I didn't want to pay the increased fee per embryo, the only difference between doing non-tested embryo donation cycles at either place is the lesser wait time at Reprofit. But for this coming cycle, it would likely work out to be similar timing anyhow as I haven't started with Reprofit yet or provided any testing info.

She did warn me that in the past, Reprofit has only transferred 1 PGS tested embryo, not two. She wasn't certain if that was standard. I'm not willing to travel halfway around the world again for one embryo. Been there, done that (and no offense to anybody that prefers or is able to do that of course.) I have transferred two embryos any time I've had two over the past 9 years and no twins yet! I understand that a cycle could finally take and there could be twins or a rough go, but I feel pragmatically and logistically it would be a deal-breaker for me to transfer 1 embryo. I have written them to ask some preliminary questions and that was one of them.

Also, I guess I could go there and transfer two non-tested ones, but that would be a wait-time decision between the two clinics only. Any advice? Peculiar and particular situation, I know.

So much on my mind of course! Keeping busy with work and thinking about it all, lol. So glad this is an active and encouraging thread. Thinking of you all!!

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 7/06/18, 14:15 »
    Hi beautiful ladies,

Kayte I'm so glad to hear about your Skype consultation,  you really seem so excited about it! So happy that you now have a plan of action and new hope! Even though you'll cycle with Reprofit and not Gennet please don't stop posting on this thread, I really want to know how you are doing and be there for you!

Lillie my lovely , it's so nice to hear from you and thank you so much for your words, I feel the same about you. I'm so happy that you're pregnancy is going well xx

Pinkie and Caro very happy to hear about your scans going so well xx

Afm well AF arrived today and I finally have a date for my cycle.. seems that I will be travelling to Prague on the 10th of July and stay there for a week giving the fact that I won't be doing the transfer. I'm so nervous about doing it all over again.. just praying I won't get hyperstimulated and to end up with at least 3 frosties.. I never had more than 2 viable embies on day 5 so far..

Love A

Offline Cheekypea76

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 7/06/18, 14:22 »
    Hey ladies

Well Iíve just had my second protocol after one failed attempt.  Went to city clinic today and my scan showed only one follicle. 

Weirdly Gennet told me to still come to Prague for my second scan despite them not yet receiving my scan results as their email is down.  I mentioned the results were poor but was told to Ďcome anyway and have a second scan hereí.

Bit odd as it could be a wasted journey.

Think this isnít final attempt.  My dad died really suddenly between cycles and Iím struggling to make it work plus the aggressive doses of hormones this time are kicking my ass.

Hope everyone is ok

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 8/06/18, 13:48 »
    Hi girls,

So glad to see our pregnant ladies doing well. Everything is going fine over here as well (14 weeks tomorrow).

Kayte, I'd also advise to only transfer one PGS tested embryo. I don't think there's an increase in success rates of pregnancy if you'd transfer two tested embryos, and of course, the chances of a healthy live birth without complications go down by transferring two instead of one. If you're absolutely sure you want to transfer two, I'd ask if they have a waiver in place that you can sign (acknowledging risks involved etc.).

Bossy, good to hear from you! Glad you finally have a date set. I hope you'll end up with more than 2 embryos (which seems very likely considering you'll fertilize all with DS right?).

Cheeky, my deepest condolences :( So sorry for all you've been through!!