* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 61434 times)

0 Members

Offline Tbfromlv

• Un-Ranked
modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #140 on: 15/06/18, 18:03 »
Hey ladies! Iíve been real bad about updating on here! I hope you all are doing well.

I had a great experience with Gennet and I would recommend them to anyone. I would agree the emails are a little slow before treatment starts but really quick after!

I ended up getting my BFP! I had my first beta on Monday 9dp5dt 158, Wednesday was 340 and today was 705! I will be going in for an early scan on June 27.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 16/06/18, 12:05 »
    Congratulations Tbfromlv, that's such wonderful news.

Makingpoppyseeds,  I also had a poor lining after an aggressive D&C but this cycle upped the estrogen and added patches and also got my bfp, I have a couple of little fibroids that developed possibly due to all the hormones but everything is still good. Wishing you all the best.

Hey Barlume,  great to see your so doing well,  can't want to hear the update   on your gender scan.

IceCat, Bossy,  all the very best for the future transfers ladies,  here's hoping all your dreams come true.

Hle, I can't imagine how your feeling honey,  I'm getting do excited about your new arrival. Looking forward to hearing your news.

Hi to everyone else,  sorry if I've missed anyone

Have a great weekend everyone

Ikle x

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 16/06/18, 17:42 »
    Congrats tbfromlv and thanks for the ray of hope ickle.
    Iím getting a prescription for patches ready to add in and they are suggesting I get my lining scan done on day 7 /8 so we can see how things are doing sooner.
    Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
    Xxx

Offline Kimonty12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 16/06/18, 21:09 »
    Hi ladies .
    I am at Gennet end of July . Has anyone stayed here this time of year without air con? Silly ole me ballsed up the accommodation and didnít consider how hot it was going to be . X

Offline IceCat

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 17/06/18, 13:23 »
    Tbfromlv, congrats on your bfp, absolutely amazing news!

Kimonthy12, I would really not recommend to stay without air conditioner as it can get really hot in summer in Prague.

Makingapoppyseed - keeping fingers crossed for you and hoping your lining will start improving.

Ikle, Bossy, HopefulKayte - thanks ladies, I had my ET 2 days ago and unfortunately it was still a very difficult one (despite having hysteroscopy and cervical dilation earlier). They also gave me some heavy sedation and muscle relaxants but I'm not sure if it really helped as I ended with some painful cramps few hours after ET (so maybe embryos got expelled out of the uterus)... I don't know what to think. I start suspecting that my donor embryo cycles fail mostly because of a very difficult transfer, so maybe next time I should ask Gennet for general anesthesia. Anyway, I just don't feel really optimistic now...

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 17/06/18, 20:24 »
    Hello to all you brave and fabulous and gorgeous ladies.

TB - woot woot!! What incredible news!! You must be over the moon! :)

Kimonthy - for sure air conditioning. When I was at Gennet in early April, there was unexpectedly summer-like weather for a few days, and my room in my hotel was air conditioned, but not all were. When I'd come into the hotel lobby, guests with unairconditioned rooms were often at the desk complaining and asking if anything could be done. It will be far hotter in July, so definitely A/C.

Icecat, hang in there. Even with cramps, I think that little embie is still stuck in there moving around or implanting. You don't have AF to get it out of you. Believe!!

Poppyseed, additional estrogen and patches should do the trick! I was also prescribed Estrogel last time - which my doctors in Canada had never heard of. A gel that you spread on upper arms and it dissolves within seconds. If the patches irritate you, you might want to ask about that?

Hello to everyone else, those in the wait, and those waiting during a very special time.

Nothing is new with me. Bossy, I love our updates, hahaha. I don't, but we're so predictable ;) Admittedly struggling with some feelings of depression and anxiety over being in the wait. I thought for sure I'd have arranged or done another cycle now. To hear after more than 2 months on the wait list, the wait for embryos is still 2-3 months... I'm a teacher, and I won't even be able to go over the summer either??? Once I get through June, I'm thinking of talking to a former counsellor again to help me deal with the lack of control, the disasters of the past few years, and how to manage my career alongside this medical stuff. I'm not able to hide it, and I know people like me but just don't understand me, or why I can never commit to making plans or taking on responsibility professionally. It's really eating away at all aspects of my life, therefore esteem and self-worth. But I know this must be true for many of us, and not unique to me. I'm just sharing how I'm feeling, not sure what else to do.

Wishing everyone a lovely week!

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 17/06/18, 21:41 »
    Hi Everyone!

Sunny, Hle, Inkle, Pinkie, Barlume, and i feel like i'm missing 1 or 2 more, but glad to hear you all are doing well!

Tbf- yay for your numbers! Hopefully everything continues and you are on your way! 

IceCat - hopefully your body is just adjusting to the new "visitor" and everything will be good. Hopefully you are feeling better though and try and relax during the 2ww. I know it's way easier said than done, but we're thinking of you!

Makingapoppy- sorry you are having such a hard time! Hopefully adding some of the additional meds will help you as it did some of the other ladies on here. Sending you good thoughts! 

Bossy- how are you doing? July is coming so hang in there!

Kayte- still waiting for responses? Hopefully things come together soon xoxo

Cheeky- so sorry on your recent loss!! Try and take care of yourself b/c that is really important, always and especially during this tough time.

To everyone else cycling soon, sending you lots of positive thoughts! 

xoxo

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 18/06/18, 18:11 »
    Hi everyone!
    Iím sorry Iíve been absent for the past few weeks - i have been in my own little bubble and time has flown by.

I had a natural mc last week which a scan showed as complete but need a final blood test to show my hcg is down to zero. I actually feel ok about it as I sort of knew from those initial bloods that things were not going well. They saw a tiny and empty g.sac at 7 weeks which I expected after my very low hcg levels.
    Iíve had a few good cries along the way but feel determined to give DE another go.
    Anyway, enough about me. I can see huge congratulations are in order for lots of you which is fantastic! Hope everything is continuing to go well for all of you.
    Tbfromlv - great news about your BFP!
    Sorry to those whoíve also experienced losses recently, I hope youíre ok.

I only quickly scanned through the last few weeks and think Kayte mentioned possibLy using Sue Taylor at IVF traveler - I can wholeheartedly recommend Sue and she helped me with my first/ recent FET at Gennet. Iíve been debating whether to try Reprofit or stick with Gennet but there seems to be a wait now with Reprofit as theyíre very busy so Iím not sure what works out best.
    Does anyone know the max age Gennet have for their egg donors? I want to do what HLE did previously and request a lower age but canít recall what Gennet have as a upper limit?
    Xx

Offline mrsmblyng

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 18/06/18, 18:15 »
    Hi all, so happy to hear about all the BFPs and ongoing pregnancies! What wonderful news! Just getting organized for our cycle. Right now, it looks like we will do egg retrieval on July 27th and embryo(s) transfer around July 30th or August 1st.

We are trying to figure out which "additional services" we will do. Do you all have an opinion on the following options?

* PICSI/ICSI/etc.
    * Embryoscope
    * Embryogen
    * Embryoglue
    * Assisted Hatching

Worth it or not so much?

Thanks!

Offline mrsmblyng

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 18/06/18, 18:20 »
    Hi SunnyCM - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I just had a very similar experience at the end of April/beginning of May. Thinking of you and sending wishes of peace and healing. As to your question about age....  Gennet told me that they would not tell me the age of the donor until week 10, which sounds kind of strange, but that the upper limit was 32. I hope that's helpful! Hugs to you.