* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 64421 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #150 on: 18/06/18, 18:54 »
Sunny CM upper limit is 32. I requested female donor was under 27 and the age should be declared when they offer you a donor.

Mrs Blyng I had embryoglue on my final and successful cycle and for me it was a cheap add on worth trying as there is some (limited) evidence that comes with it.

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 18/06/18, 19:36 »
    Aww thank you mrsmblyng - that is helpful, as Gennet said they would only tell me the actually age if/when there was a heartbeat if I recall correctly. Thanks too hle - I dont understand why it would be a secret at all but then again I still donít really understand how they acquire the donor embryos in the first place (oh I know the schpiel but Reprofit say theyíre the only cz clinic to not use embryos from leftover cycles?)
    HopefulKayte - I hope you donít have too long a wait for your next match! Itís frustrating isnít it, as seems based on how busy they are more than an actual match being an issue, certainly for Reprofit anyway.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 18/06/18, 19:47 »
    Hi Sunny CM - surely they can't lie about how they get the donor embryos? I think they pay people to donate. It does make me worry when reprofit are saying that! xx

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 18/06/18, 21:01 »
    Hi Hle - sorry I hope Iíve not caused any alarm, I donít think they lie at all but itís just a bit confusing to me where the embryos come from despite having had it explained a few times. I was told the embryos are already in existence (otherwise they couldnít justify such a price difference with fresh donor embryo) I suppose I just canít understand why theyíd bother to create embryos on the off chance the combined sperm and eggs match someoneís criteria. This seems wasteful to me but must be why there is such a long wait?

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 18/06/18, 21:25 »
    Sunny, I'm so sorry for your loss. <3 So sad to hear that. It sounds like you are working through this with foresight to the future and pushing forward. You are awesome!!! Hang in there. xo

Sue Taylor of IVF Traveler confirmed with Gennet that the embryos are not leftover from patient cycles. They had assured me that too, but she said she wasn't sure (that that is where they used to come from) but that was quite a few years ago. She checked and as with others' recent queries, it was confirmed that Gennet's embryos are double donor (or back-up donor) cycles and definitely not from patients. :)

I have used embryoglue on my last OE and 2 DE/DD transfers. It's hard to know (based on other factors, ie. egg quality) from my cycles, but I did have a m/c on one of the cycles, so there was implantation. Embryoglue doesn't hurt, but it might help, so that is why I opt for it. We used IMSI on our DE cycle as Gennet said the morphology of our sperm was very poor. We have also usually used assisted hatching. We usually put that decision in the hands of the embryologists - whatever they feel is best. As for age, I believe 32 is correct for upper limit - similar to Hle, I requested younger (I believe 22-27) for my last cycle.

Regarding Reprofit's busy-ness, Sue told me that one of their doctors went on maternity leave and was not replaced - her patient load has been dispersed to the other doctors, so they have waits for programs or procedures that typically don't.

Soooooooo.... I heard back from Reprofit today! They offered us one embryo (said no to two) that matched our wishes, except blood type. (We are O+, the donors are B+ and B-. They said donors of our blood type will be available after 1-2 months. They gave us the ages (23 and 22), hair, eyes, height, weight. They don't take patient photos - just use those stats.

So now my head is spinning! I can't wait for DH to get home to talk to him about this! What do you think??

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 18/06/18, 22:21 »
    Hey Sunny no you didn't alarm me don't worry and some clinics could lie I guess, but I would like to think not. Its a minefield.

Kayte how exciting. Our donors didn't match our blood type, this time, but it worked if that's any help. x

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 18/06/18, 22:32 »
    Oh thanks Kayte, thatís so kind and the info really helpful. Iím sure thatís what Sue told me too - I suppose I struggle to get my head around it. Iím not sure I mind too much how theyíre created (apart from not wanting them to be leftover patient embryos) Iím more frustrated by the wait!
    Thatís great news about the embryo match from reprofit!! My DH and I initially wanted blood type to match but we got a match sooner when we were more flexible on blood type. We decided we didnít mind so much in the end but itís such a personal decision.
    Exciting news for you guys though and best of luck with your decision!
    I wasnít sure if we could be on a Donor embryo list with both Gennet and Reprofit - it sounds like a good way to hedge our bets, although weíd need to register with Reprofit and have consultation etc...
    Does anyone know if Gennet specify a certain number of cycles between a mc and a FET? Sue said that reprofit May want 2 between, depending on the Dr.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 18/06/18, 22:34 »
    I too used embryglue for my FET and had implantation so would definitely use again as itís not expensive and is an easy addition xx

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 18/06/18, 23:49 »
    Hey Sunny, we didn't have a consultation with Reprofit. I've just been emailing them the past few weeks. I sent them a scan of my last pap test and that was it.

I just realized that this should definitely be a PGS-tested embryo (though more expensive) if they will only transfer one for me. In the past, with donors, we didn't spend the $$ to test them. We have just done so many cycles! But I figure in this situation, a little more $$ will hopefully make the big trip worth it. However, the email didn't say if it was PGS-tested, so I will have to clarify - I'm thinking maybe it's not, in that case.

I don't know what to think about blood type. For me it's mainly about length of time between cycles. Like Hle, in our last cycle we deviated from the blood type request since it took awhile to be matched and we didn't want to wait indefinitely if we turned it down. I think we would be open to tell the child, but I do have this little fear of not being able to donate blood or if it could affect the child in any other way. Hle, did you do some reading on this to help solidify your decision?

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 19/06/18, 09:39 »
    Hey ladies,

Wow this board is so busy, I love it.

Kayte so exciting to hear about Reprofit finally!! Did you talk to your  DH? For us blood type was one of the most important criteria when choosing a sperm donor.. since my DH is a doctor he explained to me that having the same blood type is very important in case the child also wants to become a doctor and then  he'll figure out immediately that our blood types don't match(so far we don't want to tell that it's donor conceived ) and I think he just wants to have the same type as the baby and I totally understand him. But I guess you just have to follow your gut  and do what you feel it's best for you.

Sunny I'm so sorry to hear your news but glad to see you're so positive! You have to wait 2 full periods after a misscariage before doing another cycle at Gennet

MrsM so exciting about your upcoming cycle! We always used ICSI because of sperm quality,  embryoscope in order to receive more details about the embies and how they were doing,  embryoglue because when I had the ectopic I  didn't use it and I'm just more relaxed now when using it and somehow it got in my head that it helps the embie stay in the uterus(don't care if it's true or not) and also assisted hatching if the embriologist considered it necessary at the time

Icecat oh I'm so sorry the transfer was such a difficult experience again.  But don't lose hope just yet,  cramps can also mean implantation,  I always have them. The embie is definitely still in there.  How are you feeling now?

Lillie so happy to hear from you, always. I'm good just impatiently waiting for time to go by.. waiting is the worst, just feel like I'm wasting precious time until a new cycle or until transfer..

Kimonty I'm also going to Prague In July and I forgot about the AC when I booked the accommodation:))) hope it has one!

Makingapoppyseed how is it going? When are you having the next scan? Xx

Tbfromlv congratulations,  wonderful news!

Ikle thank you for your kind thoughts,  always so nice to hear from you and ikle baby xx

That was a long post!! Over and out:))) xx