* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 62838 times)

0 Members

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #190 on: 22/06/18, 12:15 »
Ice that's not a low beta at all, you're only 6dp5dt, it would be around 200 on day14 which is absolutely normal!! Maybe the bleeding is from losing one embryo but the other one is doing just fine. Oh there's still hope. I'm thinking about you, keep us updated xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline IceCat

modify
    « Reply #191 on: 23/06/18, 15:39 »
    Hi ladies - another update from me: my beta at 8dp5dt came back at 66. I'm not sure but I think it still should be much higher. Therefore I'm not keeping my hopes high and plan to go for another beta on Monday. Sadly I'm constantly spotting heavily and also bleeding from time to time and have painful period cramps (so bad I have to take painkillers) and I'm trying to prepare for a possible negative outcome.

Sunny, thank you so much for your help regarding info on implantation. I also thought testing at home at first but then just decided to skip it, as it gives me so much anxiety (all this waiting for a second line thing...). Somehow going for a blood test is much easier for me, even though it's expensive of course.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 23/06/18, 16:02 »
    Hi Icecat - I know how you just be feeling, esp with testing at home. But going from 16 to 66 in 48hrs is a brilliant rate of increase, far better than mine which barely doubled in 48-72hrs...Iím going to have everything crossed for you and hope that you stop bleeding and the levels continue to go up like they have! Big hugs to you and everyone else xx

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 23/06/18, 16:04 »
    Icecat it seems that it more than doubled which means very good news but I understand your concern and would feel exactly the same as you. I'm keeping everything crossed for you and praying that beta keeps on doubling nicely and for a positive outcome.  Sending you a big hug

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 23/06/18, 17:37 »
    Everything crossed icecat x

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 23/06/18, 20:39 »
    Fingers crossed Icecat. I hope you find some distractions over the weekend. Xxx

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 23/06/18, 21:07 »
    Ice, 66 is not bad considering how early you're checking your betas. If the quadrupling trend continues, it could mean you'll have a beta of >250 at 15 DPO (10dp5dt, a lot earlier than many on these boards get their hCG levels checked!). 

Also, you're just slightly below the median of 86 that 588 women with a confirmed pregnancy have reported on 13 DPO, and there are many who reported values lower than yours and had a successful pregnancy. See: http://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

I know you're terribly worried but don't give up just yet! Your numbers are very average for where they should be around this time in your cycle.

Poppy, just wanted to say don't worry about a transfer on day 17 or 19. Some clinics always go with a transfer on CD14 while others go out all the way to CD22. It doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that matters is when you start your progesterone (~5 days before transfer). Hope the extra estrogen will do the trick :)

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 23/06/18, 21:34 »
    Thanks SunnyFl. Hereís hoping my lining is building adequately and the back up patches will also do the trick.
    Hope your doing well.
    X

Offline IceCat

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 23/06/18, 21:50 »
    Makingapoppyseed - I can also confirm it's fine to have embryo transfer at day 18-19, for example this time my ET took place at cd18, and with my previous bfp 2 years ago I had ET on cd22.

Bossy, hle, SunnyCM - thank you for support ladies.

SunnyFL, thanks a lot for explaining this beta thing! Yes I already found and checked Betabase :) You're right, I'm worried a lot, but I also understand I can't change much here, so I just have to wait and see what happens.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 24/06/18, 15:33 »
    Icecat, I'm so sorry for everything you have to deal with while you wait. This journey is only for the bravest, that's for sure. Hang in there, we are all here for you every step of the way. xo

Poppyseed, hope the extra lining meds are making it nice and fluffy and sticky!

So I still haven't heard from Gennet, so I've accepted the 1 PGS-tested embryo at Reprofit in the sake of proceeding forward. But I hope to still hang out here :) If while I prepare for my cycle I hear from Gennet, who knows... I will need to press pause on either pursuit, but as for now, I'm taking my last bcp on Tuesday, and starting the cycle! I'm a little nervous about heading to a new Czech town and clinic on my own - still processing and working through the last disastrous cycle from start to finish, and how lonely it was on my own. But I'm trying to tell myself I can do this, and good things come to those who wait :)

My question is, when people talk about endometrial receptivity, and their luteal phase, and when to transfer embryos, is it concerning when some clinics transfer on different day ranges than others? I'm pretty sure at my clinics in Ontario, and at Gennet, I was having my ultrasound around day 9 and transferring around day 18. Reprofit is calling for my ultrasound around day 11-12, and a transfer around day 21. I would just feel terrible to know some patients are going to extreme lengths and the embryo never had a chance, if that makes sense?? I've been reading about the ideal transfer date perhaps being individual per patient and now I'm stressed about this too. Shocker. haha!