* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 62836 times)

0 Members

Offline sunnyCM

modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #200 on: 24/06/18, 17:17 »
Hi Kayte, Iím so glad you are able to proceed with Reprofit. Really hope you can get some answers on the transfer day dilemma. Iím also encouraged by their PGS tested embryos. I know youíre travelling from
Canada but hopefully the fact itís tested is even better odds for success!

I am planning to register with Reprofit next week as Iím been told 2-4 mos wait with Gennet and its just too long to wait between cycles. I need something positive to focus on after my recent mc.
I am still waiting for my report from Gennet too - I had a corpus luteum cyst on my scan (when I was meant to be 7 wks but only a small empty gest. sac could be seen) which indicated Iíd ovulated pre-implantation. Weird! I donít know why this would be and want someone at Gennet to help explain, as I thought the pre-transfer meds would suppress my own cycle. I wonder too if it had any impact on the transfer. I typically ovulate day 12-13 so I would also wonder if Reprofit typically transfer even later (day 21)! Iíll chase Gennet for the report and remind them to look into the corpus luteum too.

Icecat, hope youíre doing ok. I was in beta hell recently but your numbers look great so far, and I trust SunnyFL as she always shows the studies/research behind her great advice. I have everything crossed for a great jump tomorrow too. I tested every day and it became so stressful, but it can help show if levels are going up (though nowhere near as reliable as blood of course) my test of choice is always FRER.
Hope everyone having a nice weekend, and wishing you a good week ahead xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 25/06/18, 14:23 »
    Icecat any news?thinking about you xx

Kayte so excited about your upcoming cycle!! When will you be having transfer? Please don't stop writing on this thread no matter what clinic are you at. We love hearing from you and I personally really care about you! Xx

SunnyCM hope your questions will be answered by Gennet and best of luck with Reprofit!

I'm having my pre treatment ultrasound on Thursday,  oh how time flies by
    Love A

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #202 on: 25/06/18, 15:49 »
    Kayte, there's no real consensus on what CD is ideal for transfers. I'm assuming you'll start progesterone on CD 16? What is the rest of your protocol like? Do you start with Lupron or will you only be taking estrogen to prevent ovulation?

Please also ask your GP (or another doctor) in Canada about the high dose of folic acid supplements. Don't want you to end up with more problems just because they're trying something new.

SunnyCM, the people that reviewed your ultrasound should have absolutely caught that you had a dominant follicle on your pre-transfer ultrasound. Did you track that cycle with LH strips by any chance? If you ovulated on day 13 and had a transfer of a 5-day blast, the timing would have actually worked out perfectly and shouldn't have had an effect on your transfer (that's typically what a natural FET cycle looks like). The problem is mostly due to the added hormones. You got it from the drugs you took and the corpus luteum, while it should have been only one of those two. I'm not sure how that may have influenced things though.

I know that in about 5% of cycles the follicle isn't completely suppressed and you still ovulate. That's why some clinics downregulate (with Lupron for example) before you start your cycle so there's pretty much a 0% chance of ovulation.

Bossy, yay!! Almost there :)

Ice, hope you'll update us soon hun!

Offline IceCat

modify
    « Reply #203 on: 25/06/18, 16:39 »
    Unforunately it's bad news for me. Beta today at 10dp5dt was only 84. So it went from 66 to 84 and it's not nearly doubling. Heartbroken.

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #204 on: 25/06/18, 17:20 »
    So incredibly sorry Ice. I wish I could just give you a hug right now :(

Offline IceCat

modify
    « Reply #205 on: 25/06/18, 17:32 »
    Thanks Sunny. 8 cycles, bfns, miscarriage and now what seems to be a chemical. I just don't know where to find strength to continue trying.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #206 on: 25/06/18, 17:36 »
    Oh Ice Iím so sorry to hear that. I know how devastated you must feel. Take time for yourself to heal and sending you a big hug too. We are all here for you xx

Thank you Andra!

SunnyFL - thanks so much for your helpful advice. I am sure the sonographer at City Fertility didnít mention any dominant follicle on my day 10 scan. Iíll ask them to address this in my written report. I was not suppressed at all and from what I can tell this is standard? The sonographer I saw privately for 7 wks scan was alarmed to see the corpus luteum though. It makes me worry as my last Attempt at OE IVF in Nov Ď16 went wrong as I appeared to have ovulated the dominant follicles (the count and sizes were different to the previous scan) and my Estradiol plummeted while progesterone went way up, and I never made it to egg collection. The uk clinic seemed to say I hadnít ovulated early, was just a symptom of older eggs but I always thought Iíd ovulatedearly. This was despite my taking burserelin nasal spray to suppress my own cycle. Perhaps I am one of those people whose cycle needs suppressing...

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 25/06/18, 18:03 »
    It's incredibly unfair Ice. The things some people have to go through :( If there's any positive in all of this is that even though you had a terrible transfer, the embryo(s) still implanted. Although I completely understand you absolutely don't consider that a positive right now at all. Be kind to yourself the next couple of days and I hope you'll find the strength to continue at some point, maybe also by getting sedated during transfer.

I think it's best to get your betas tested again on Wednesday, just to be on the safe side, before fully stopping your meds.

SunnyCM, I'm glad the sonographer caught it at the 7-week ultrasound. I would definitely push for a complete pituitary suppression (I guess something stronger than Buserelin) for your next round. A cycle like that usually starts around day 21 of the cycle prior to transfer, after which they confirm you downregulated by an early ultrasound and/or bloodwork. I think you stay on Lupron (or a similar drug) right until you start progesterone, to make sure there's absolutely no chance you ovulate. The rest should be similar to what you're used to, starting estrogen early in your cycle and progesterone 5-6 days before transfer.

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #208 on: 25/06/18, 19:35 »
    Hello all

Icecat Iím so sorry. Xxxxxxx

Thank you all for the reassurance on transfer days day18-20.

Iím on day 5 of FET meds. Taking four estrogen a day, steroid and clexane.

I feel fine which is stressing me out (of course lol!) last time I cycled the estrogen gave me killer migraines! So I now feel like it isnít working. They have said to do my first lining check on Wednesday day 7 so we can add in estrogen patches if needed.
    Iím hoping  it is working and that there are no dominant follicles starting up and I have a triple layer. I hated being down regulated on previous cycles. Buserlin made me very depressed and angry. So not sure I would like that approach.

Take care everyone xxx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #209 on: 25/06/18, 21:13 »
    Icecat I'm so, so sorry. This is not fair and you have been through so much. I hope you have your loved ones around you and they are holding you tight xx