* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 61438 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #40 on: 17/05/18, 14:57 »
Tb, also something to keep in mind... they do the scans a bit differently than what we're used to here in the US (not sure how it is for you ladies in the UK). You're not given anything to cover yourself with. So in case you're a bit shy or uncomfortable with being half-naked, wear a long shirt when you go in for your ultrasounds ;)

StrawB, the prices are all on their website. I believe the guarantee of DE is only when the sperm sample is considered normal. The minimum time depends if you're going for a fresh or frozen cycle, donor vs own etc.

SunnyCM, the doubling will definitely tell you more. Although the initial value does tell you how well it has doubled before beta-day. That's why I always recommend testing early with a pregnancy test, so you know when the hCG started building up. It's not a bad number though. I posted a chart of a research study in a blog post that looked at the odds of a live birth, miscarriage, ectopic, chemical etc. by initial hCG (at 14 DPO) and the chances of a live birth are almost at 70% with your numbers (60% singleton+ almost 10% multiples). Fingers crossed for a great second beta!!

Pinkie, how are you doing? Has it started to sink in yet?:)

Bossy, I'm so happy you've got a plan and are ready to move forward. I think a freeze all is an excellent idea. So much easier on your body :) I know you'll get there!! My scan is on Monday (11 weeks), that'll hopefully tell us if we can finally start believing this is actually happening.

Hi to everyone else!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pinkie77

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 17/05/18, 15:05 »
    Thanks hle, bossy and ickle, I still have a smile on my face 🙂

Tb, I had my transfer 2 weeks ago and they asked me to bring my own nightie and slippers.

Welcome to the board strawberry, you'll find thus board very helpful for advice and support. All prices are on the website. I can't recommend Gennet enough!

Sunnycm, I don't know much about beta's I have mine on Monday but I guess it sounds ok for how early it is. Have Gennet advised you on it?

Bossy, I'm happy for you that you have decided on your next plan of action. Maybe freezing the embryos will be the best plan, it also gives your body chance to recover from the stims.

Sunnyfl, no it has no where near sunk in. I have to keep reminding myself not to do certain thinks and try and slow down a little. It's difficult when you're an independent person and like to lift, carry and run around lol my poor dh even phoned my midwife mother this morning and asked her to give me a talking to 🙄
    I asked Gennet if I should do a 2nd beta sample and they advised me to wait and see what the first one is like on Monday. Good luck with your scan, I'm going to be willing away the days and weeks to my scans.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 17/05/18, 15:52 »
    SunnyFL - thanks for your advice and stats, Iíll take 70%! I actually started testing Saturday but was too embarrassed to admit it and didnít quite believe it, so that was 10dpo/5dp5dt. The progression of my frer tests has been really promising each day since at same time so will try to stay positive. Iím a hpt addict and knew I wouldnít be able to hold out!

Pinkie - City said that they look for a number above 60 at 14dpo (Gennet originally wanted me to test on 19dpo for some reason so donít know whatís number theyíd want then but SunnyFL will know!) and want to see doubling every 48hrs or so. Iím going in tomorrow so will let you know.

Bossy, good for you for pushing back on the hysteroscopy- have everything crossed for your upcoming cycle and having a freeze all will allow you to get your body ready! Really hope this is your time xx

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 17/05/18, 15:53 »
    Sorry SunnyFL - I meant to wish you luck for your scan too! X

Offline marellocherry

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 17/05/18, 16:14 »
    Pinkie - huge congratulations!!! I'm so happy to read your news :D

Bossy - I'm glad for you that you've had some time to decide what's right for you next. I hope that you can enjoy the summer this way too.

SunnyCM - are you at City London? Me too!

FunnyFL - good luck with the scan

AFM I started cetrotide today, starting to feel quite tired and puffy now but coming on this board reminds me how strong all of your have been to do this and that I can too.

Can I ask a question - I'm getting a bit nervous about EC. I thought it was a general anaesthetic not sedation. I've heard some ladies saying that they are in quite a bit of pain for days afterwards. Is it really that bad? I naively thought it would be fairly straightforward.

Hello to everyone else!

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 17/05/18, 19:09 »
    Thanks for the friendly welcome  :) Does anyone know if you can do double donor ivf at Gennet, rather than embryo adoption? Surely that (well either) would only involve one trip for the transfer?

Marellocherry I've had a few ECís and generally itís fine, good excuse just to put your feet up for a day or two afterwards! Hope it goes well!

Offline Pinkie77

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 17/05/18, 20:46 »
    Marello, I've had 2 egg collections now, one under intravenous fairly heavy sedation and one with just a sleeping pill (needed gas and air with this, wouldn't advise it). Had local anaesthetic of the ovaries with both. It was a little bit painful both times but absolutely zero pain afterwards. These were both done in the uk.

Strawberry, yes you can do double donor. You give them all the details of you and your partner and they match it as closely as possible. They advise you fly out the day after your donor has egg collection and stay until the day after embryo transfer, be that day 3 or 5. Hope this helps

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 18/05/18, 09:01 »
    Thanks Pinkie, yes that's helpful. I'm just gathering information at the moment x

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 18/05/18, 15:27 »
    Iíve always had heavy sedation but only for 20 mins or so - the gas and air plus local anaesthetic sounds rough Pinkie!

So my 2nd hcg is 143.1 so almost double...the wait and worry continues!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend - anyone going to watch the royal wedding? Xx

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 18/05/18, 16:19 »
    Sorry it's not the number you were hoping for sunnyCM :( The worst part about betas is that they vary a lot. There's no clear-cut answer to what is considered good or bad, just a general range. I've seen lots of women with betas similar to yours who went on to have a successful pregnancy, so I wouldn't necessarily worry just yet. Will you get a repeat on Monday, or just go for an early scan?

Pinkie, good luck with yours on Monday! Is that 19 DPO (16DP3DT) for you? The median for a singleton is 882 at 19 DPO but the variance is huge (ranges between 18 and 17,072). Take a look: http://www.betabase.info/chart/betaByDay/19/Single.