* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 61442 times)

0 Members

Offline marellocherry

modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #80 on: 24/05/18, 12:33 »
Sunny-CM and JFrost - i'm so sorry for your news. Big hugs and positive thoughts x

I wanted to pop in here and ask you more experienced ladies a question. I had my EC yesterday. They got 9 eggs, only 4 of which were of quality. They said the rest were "granular". What does this mean? Google hasn't been very helpful.

Only one of the 4 fertilised and they're talking about a day 2 freeze as it's also not looking great. We only had the money for one banking cycle to preserve my fertility (due to the endo). I just don't see the point in making any future decisions on a duff day 2.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 24/05/18, 19:55 »
    Washrag, any updates? If you haven't ovulated yet it could be a long wait without any meds to jump start AF. Hope you'll get there soon!

Bossy, what dose Gonal-F will you be on? I remember you also had some fluid buildup last November, right? Glad to hear you got your protocol and are looking forward to July. Very exciting! I'm doing well, thanks :)

Tb, good luck!

Marello, I think they probably mean that there was a high degree of fragmentation. So sorry :( Was this cycle supposed to be part of a banking cycle?

Thinking of all you other lovely ladies.

Offline sunnyCM

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 24/05/18, 20:41 »
    Tbfromlv - glad you made it to Prague ok. Sorry itís becoming uncomfortable for you - hopefully it means lots of ripe follicles and eggs! Best of luck for your egg collection. X

Marello - so sorry to hear your banking cycle numbers werenít what you hoped for. Maybe the eggs were immature? Iím not sure what they meant by granular either. Ask your coordinator to explain. I hope it was a one off and next time yield more to work with. Big hugs x

Washrag - hope you get your period soon (sounds so weird posting this!) hope things move swiftly for you whenever they do a scan x

Mrs - hope you are able to move on from your loss and look forward to another cycle. I know itís hard x

Bossy - yay glad you got your new protocol for July. Will be here before you know it! Hopefully you will have no issues with gonal f this time - are you doing monitoring at City?

Thanks to everyone for kind thoughts, youíre all amazing. Not much news apart from having yet another hcg test in the morning as Gennet didnít want me to stop meds since number still going up (albeit v slowly) I havenít had any pain or bleeding so I fear Iíll be in hcg limbo for a while longer.

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 24/05/18, 21:12 »
    Hi everyone, itís been a few weeks since Iíve been here and now I see we have a part 16. I look forward to catching up this weekend and also when I finally have a new computer. I canít see the posts when I respond via my phone. From reading this recent page I can see there are both celebrations here as well as disappointments. I just want to send my love in the meantime to each and everyone of you and will be reading back to check in on how everyone individually is doing.

Again Iíve taken some space since working through the last disaster of a cycle and lost embryo. It has been some intense years and I have felt depressed and despair and that is not a great thing to contribute, especially as really anyone here must have felt the same in the past or still right now. Iíve been trying to work on myself. Also nothing new to report. Last time it was 10 weeks for a match at Gennet - maybe itís been about a month now? Not even sure.

Hello to everyone and talk soon.

Kayte

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 25/05/18, 13:18 »
    Lovely to hear from you Katie and lots of love xxx

Offline marellocherry

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 25/05/18, 17:07 »
    Hey ladies, I managed to ask a bit more today and apparently I made 5 immature eggs and 4 "dark" ones. The one that fertilised made it to day 2. I guess that's something.

Yes it was meant to be a banking cycle. I don't have the money to do another one and right now I definitely don't feel like it - I seem to be borderline OHSS but my dr has been lovely and prescribed me some cabergoline. Have certainly felt better!

Offline Tbfromlv

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 25/05/18, 17:21 »
    Iím officially in Prague! My ultrasound Wednesday reported that I had 63 total follicles growing! My doctor said if thatís the case, Cycle is being cancelled. Of course.

I go in today straight from the airport and we do another ultrasound. He said maybe 20-25 total and all was good to go. Triggering tomorrow for egg collection Monday am!

Offline Pinkie77

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 26/05/18, 12:35 »
    Bossy, great that you have your new protocol and they have altered a few things. Fingers crossed that the tweaks they have made will help this time. July will be here in no time!

TB, good luck in Prague. We spent a week there and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Sounds like you are going to have a fair few eggs collected  :) what a crazy amount your clinic had said! I can thoroughly recommend the zoo and the ballet, they were my highlights. Keep us updated on your progress

Marello, how did you get on? Sorry to hear that you didn't have a great number of fertilised eggs. It's so hard when we go through all this and things don't work out.

Washrag, any sign of the beast yet?

Sunnycm, thinking of you lots, how did you get on with the hcg? Hope you're not left in limbo for too long. Fingers crossed that your levels have risen.

Kayte, welcome back, it's great to hear from you. I hope you have got yourself back on track and enjoyed so R & R time before you're ready to go again. What are your reasons for having embryo donation rather than DD? maybe you would get a match quicker using dd??

Hi Hle and Sunnyfl - I hope everything is going well for you guys at the moment xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 26/05/18, 20:31 »
    Hi Pinkie all good here thank you. I hope it's the same with you x

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 28/05/18, 02:30 »
    Congratulations to the BFP gals here!! I feel such a thrill when I read that after such a difficult journey, and also being so lovely and encouraging here as a bonus!, but especially after such long and weary roads, when there is success it is so beautifully thrilling. I love to read that dreams are coming true here, each and every person deserves it all. All fingers crossed for continued great news. xo

TB, welcome to the beautiful city of Prague, and good luck tomorrow!

Bossy, as always love to see you here, things looking up and plans in place. Have you talked about the origins of your tattoo with others?

Marello, I'm so sorry to hear about the fragmentation of your eggs. It is so hard to get those results. What are your next steps? We are here for you.

Mrs and Sunny, sending you lots of love and strength. As well as those who have received BFNs. You are strong and you will get through this.

Thank you hle xo

Pinkie, how are you doing? In terms of double donor vs double donor embryo, I think I realized it works out the same way, but one is more affordable than the other. I didn't even see fresh double donor cycles advertised on their site, but it seems the same number of embryos are guaranteed (2). With double donor embryos, they are the strongest from a fresh cycle for back-up donors for a couple. Does it seem like I have this straight? lol

I wrote Tereza Friday and asked about the likelihood of a match. It's been exactly a month. I signed up for some post-grad specialty courses for half the summer - I was hoping I would be there and back by then. Such a fool, I guess I don't learn so quickly. After my m/c in December, I pictured myself back much earlier than late April, which seemed like eons to get to. Now I'm thinking, my biggest priority is this cycle, but I just hate the wait time and the lack of control, and figuring out where life will be at when you get the news. I guess there is really nothing to do but give up full control and sacrifice when the time comes.

Sorry to anyone I missed... I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that the sun was shining on you.