* Author Topic: Gennet cycle buddies part 16  (Read 61433 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

modify
Gennet cycle buddies part 16
« Reply #90 on: 28/05/18, 09:45 »
Just a quickie too wish Tbfromlv good luck honey with the collection sending you great vibes for lots of juicy eggs that then into strong embies hon. Take care and I hope you're not over stimulated hon.  I was told isotonic drinks like Gatorade help when I had ohss but make sure the clinic give you clear guidance what to watch for.

Hugs everyone else take care
Ikle xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bossy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 28/05/18, 10:54 »
    Sunnyfl I'm on 225 Gonal f. What do you think? 3 years ago I was on 75 Gonal f only and I had a very bad hyperstimulation.. doctor Veronika at Gennet said that most probably it was just a one time reaction.. guess I have to trust her! And yes I had some fluid build-up last time!

Kayte so nice to see you again and I hope you won't have to wait for too long for a match! I think our lives are a series of sacrifices in the name of ivf.. regarding my tatoo I only told a couple of friends and my family and everyone was so moved and impressed telling me how brave I am except for my father! He said: "and if you have 10 more miscarriages where will you put them?" I was honestly shocked and didn't have the strength to answer him, I just let it go.. my parents are one of those people who don't understand what I'm going through with ivf or my wish to be a mummy  so badly.. I learned to accept them like they are and don't expect anything from them anymore..

Pinkie thank you, I hope everything is ok with you xx

Tbf wooow so many follies!! best of luck with egg collection today!! Hope you are feeling ok!

SunnyCM I will have my first scan at my local clinic and then travel to Prague for all the rest. That's what I did last time.. how are you? How are the hcg tests going?

Marellocherry I'm so sorry to hear about the eggs and embies:( you have been through so much! Do you have any plans for the future?

Hope I didn't forget anyone! Glad to see our pregnant ladies are doing so well xx

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 28/05/18, 14:53 »
    Hi everyone

I hope you donít mind me joining you. I have been reading this conversation for a while but wasnít brave enough to join in 😊!! I have just completed my second donor egg cycle at Gennet. I had an early miscarriage after my fresh donor transfer in January, but am now officially 5+2 after a frozen cycle.  I have my first scan next week. I was wondering if anyone could help me - I am currently on clexane as a precaution as I have not had the thrombophilia blood tests. My protocol says that after the foetal heart beat has been confirmed that this can be discontinued if you have had the tests and are clear. But it says that if you have not been tested you should be advised by your obstetrician. Unfortunately my GP doesnít know much about ivf, so Iím not sure whether to continue with it or not. Has anyone got any advice? This IVF lark is a minefield! I have also emailed Gennet to ask their advice too.

Thanks and hope everyone is well
    Caro 😊

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 28/05/18, 16:05 »
    Kayte, I hope they find a match quickly! I hate that the uncertainty, the waiting and all the anxiety that goes with it tends to just take over our lives. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Bossy, because of your history, I would definitely ask to get your Estradiol levels checked before triggering. They'll probably do that without you having to bring it up, but just in case. It's a decent predictor of OHSS. If it's too high, they'll trigger you with a Lupron-like substance which almost completely prevents OHSS. So sorry to hear about your dad's reaction. Some people just don't get it.

Caro, congratulations!!! There are a couple of women on here who were also put on Clexane as a precaution so hopefully they'll be able to tell you more.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 28/05/18, 17:09 »
    Hi Caro

Congrats!
    Gennet advised me to stop too. However my midwife said that I would need blood thinners so to keep taking them and they would ask the consultant who agreed and who then prescribed me Heparin (similar). I would get in touch with your midwife to ask her to seek advice for you on this and your gp will probably be happy to give you a box to keep you going like mine did. I didn't have that condition either. However my BMI is over 35, I'm over 35 and have had ivf so I qualified as having three risk factors, so they want me to continue until labour. From my understanding it won't do any harm to continue with it until further advice is sought and your GP or midwife can seek that for you. I hope that helps. x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 28/05/18, 17:16 »
    Andra I'm sorry you had that reaction to your lovely tattoo. Or me people! I hope you are well.

Kayte waiting for a match while life goes on hold is a nightmare. I do hope you don't have to wait much longer x

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 28/05/18, 17:30 »
    Thanks Sunny-Fl and Hle, much appreciated. Congrats to you both too! I donít have a midwife yet as it is very early days but Iíll definitely speak to my GP. I am also over 35 (heading fast to the big 4-0 in fact!) and have obviously had ivf, so I have two of the risk factors too. I donít mind continuing with the injections as itís a small price to pay, but I just want to be sure that Iím doing the right thing! Wishing that Iíd had the clotting tests now!  Still, Iím counting my blessings that weíve finally got this far after eight years and four cycles of IVF.

Iím also thinking  of the rest of the ladies in the chat that are going through/have been through treatment. No-one who hasnít experienced the IVF rollercoaster can possibly understand how brave and strong we all are.

Take care x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 28/05/18, 19:24 »
    I'm not sure what all the risk factors are and how many you have to have to determine whether they will keep you on them. However your gp can seek advice on your behalf in the meantime as of course you want to get it right. My GP referrered me straight through to midwife and for a 7 week scan, so yours should do the same with it being ivf. I had my first midwifes appointment at 6 weeks as they like to see you early. Thank you for your congratulations and I agree with your sentiment exactly. It's a hard journey that only we understand. Good luck

Offline Caro78

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 28/05/18, 20:03 »
    Hle - thanks! I couldnít get a GP appointment until next Monday when Iíll be 6 weeks and two days, so will see what they say! Iíve booked a private scan for next Thursday in any case. Iíve never even thought about the process Iíd need to go through when I got pregnant as I didnít want to think that far ahead!! Iím sure itíll all get sorted. Take care 😊

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 28/05/18, 20:23 »
    Yes it will all come together. Good luck for everything.