* Author Topic: Why have you chosen single? Need advice  (Read 1262 times)

0 Members

Offline teppar

modify
Why have you chosen single? Need advice
« on: 12/05/18, 15:18 »
Hi ladies. I'm on my first ivf cycle. I'm 41 and single. I have 2 embryos developing and the clinic wants me to transfer the two. I'm worried about twins but I'm also worried about it not working. Why did you choose single embryos transfer. Would appreciate others thoughts on the pros and cons.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 12/05/18, 15:30 »
    What day would they like to transfer them?Day two, three or five? X

Offline teppar

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/05/18, 09:41 »
    Rio2016 right now we are looking at a day 3 transfer because their ethos is that embryos are healthier when they develop inside. I had always wanted a day 5 hoping that would weed out any chromosomal abnormalities (i'm 41 using my own eggs). I don't have the grades of the embryos but they keep telling me they are good and that my lining is also good (triple on EC day).

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/05/18, 18:18 »
    I’d personally go for two back. I’d just be worried that the second one wouldn’t develop and I wouldn’t get to freeze it. What is their reasoning? Good luck xx

Offline Ljp64

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 13/05/18, 19:03 »
    I had two put back with OE and one with donor. I was totally led by the clinic. With DE there was only a fraction of a per cent more chance I'd get pregnant if I put back two but a really high twin rate and I didn't fancy that!
    On my final cycle I only got two blasts. I froze the second snd he's now thirteen months old. The clinic won't let you freeze unless it's top quality so again I'd be led by then.

Good luck

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/05/18, 20:13 »
    I only ever had one transferred. I have immune issues and so didn't want to "waste" 2 embryos if I miscarried again. I also didn't feel I could cope with twins as also doing it alone. Have you got lots of support? People to help out especially if have a csection?