* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53607 times)

0 Members

Offline RT2015

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #110 on: 7/08/18, 16:01 »
Quick update from me, Iíve started my cycle, feeling nervous. Can I ask if anyone had a scratch, the price includes this but not sure at why stage I need this and of if it helps.
Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 7/08/18, 16:38 »
    Hi RT2015  Its exciting when you start your cycle. It starts to feel real. I hope it all goes well for you.
    I had a scratch done. It was done on day 16 of the cycle before treatment.  It was the month I was on the pill. I was very lucky to have it done on Nhs. It was painful but its over quickly. Definitely take some painkillers beforehand. At the moment Im 13 weeks pregnant so it did work for me. Theres research in favour of it and some research that says it makes no difference. I wanted to try everything.
    I think we were all nervous starting treatments.  Im still nervous. The clinic are great and will answer all your questions and you can ask anything on here too x

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 8/08/18, 14:44 »
    Thanks Maiziee x

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 9/08/18, 21:41 »
    Hi RT

How's it all going? I have had a scratch twice before when doing ICSI. Once resulted in pregnancy (though unfortunately I ended up having a missed miscarriage). I will definitely have it again when I do my donor IVF round though as feel it helped me get pregnant. And I found it didn't hurt at all when I had it. But I think it depends on the individual and also who does it for you. Have you decided to do it and if so have you had it done now? Where are you up to with your cycle? Hope all is going well.

X

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 10/08/18, 10:43 »
    Hi Poppy, Iím on my birth control pills, hopefully next Friday Iím having a scratch and my decapeptyl injection.
    How are you getting on - do you have a match? X

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 10/08/18, 10:46 »
    Sorry I was a bit AWOL

I have had scratch before. I didn't find it terribly painful just like your worst period cramp for about 30 seconds. Took some general pain meds before and after and it was fine.
    I didn't do it for this cycle though as everything seemed to be looking good. But there is evidence to suggest it helps.

It has to be done within a certain time frame though so you need to be sure you're transferring the following month. And who ever does it should have experience. They basically use the catheter through your cervix and use the end of it to make scratches and roughen up the inside of your uterus. As its healing better blood supply is allocated there which in theory is meant to help embryos attach. This combined with a good supporting protocol is meant to give you every chance.

Hope that helps x

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 23/08/18, 08:05 »
    Hi, where is everyone? RT I hope things are going well. What stage are you up to now?

We are going to start the process in mid September (I will start the cycle on the pill then, have the scratch and the Decap injection). They said they have found us a good donor match but don't usually provide any details until we start the process in case anything changes with the donor. Is that what you all experienced? And those of you in the UK, how did you get your prescription? They said to me a girl called Mar would be in touch about it. Roughly what did you all pay for the drugs if doing donor egg?

As it's finally going to happen soon I am getting excited but also very nervous. Oh and Kiwigirl when are you headed back over? Did you find an apartment to stay in as we would probably like to do that too when we go for the transfer?

Look fw to hearing from some of you. Hope all is well.

Poppy x

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 23/08/18, 13:06 »
    Thatís great news.
    Iíve just finished the pill so waiting for my bleed!
    They gave me a prescription and most of the pharmacies that Iíve dealt with near Harley street accepted it. Buying the drugs in London worked out cheaper for me.
    Iím getting nervous but also excited.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
    X

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 24/08/18, 08:56 »
    RT and Poppy excited for you both getting ready for cycle. I looked around a good bit for my meds and Asda were by far the cheapest and most helpful. They accepted the emailed script and then just wanted a paper copy after which the clinic sent promptly. A couple of local pharmacies wouldnít even accept the spainisg script. Asda were at least £200 cheaper than other quotes I got. I think the meds at start cost around £300 in total but then we needed more after transfer as you take them for first 12 weeks so I think in total it was about £1000.

Re donor, they werenít going to give us much info at the start but when we pushed them they did. However our donor changed from an 18yr old to a 27yr old which I had a freak out about but this was for good reason. My DH is a CF carrier so the 27yr old donor had had more extensive genetic testing so they felt she was better.

Hope you are feeling positive about upcoming trips. I took it really easy for a week before transfer and the two weeks after, and Iím convinced this really helped it all work. How many days will you both be going out for?

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 24/08/18, 09:25 »
    Thanks Blondie, Iím thinking about going for around a week.
    Quick Q, how long after your bleed did you have your transfer, I am estimating 20days?
    X