* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53674 times)

0 Members

Offline Blondienut

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #120 on: 24/08/18, 16:25 »
I had transfer day 20. I went out to Spain on the Thursday and had transfer on the Tuesday and came home on the Friday. It was really nice having a few days either side to rest and relax

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 24/08/18, 18:35 »
    Transfer day 19
    I flew out on a Thursday afternoon, stayed over, got up had brekkie and dipped toes in the sea, collected at 11am, transfer at 1pm, cab to the airport, lounge for 4 hours, flew home, in my bed by midnight.

Ladies I am coming to the end of this journey with only about a month to go now. So I might not be here as often but if any of you need to ask anything message me and I will be happy to help. Good luck to all of you and stay strong you've got this.

I will update you all when this little one arrives safely though x

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 24/08/18, 18:54 »
    ZC good luck. I hope all goes well for you. Im sure you cant wait to hold your baby. Im so excited for you.
    RT we had our transfer on day 30. I was worried about this at the time but it didnt matter it still worked so dont worry if your transfer is later.
    Poppy we got our first medication from the clinic and after transfer we took 2 weeks worth home. After that the clinic organised to send our prescription to an online pharmacy which they use. Mar arranges it you can phone or email her she is lovely. The pharmacy are good they send next day delivery. We had no problems with them.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 25/08/18, 20:46 »
    ZC thanks so much for sticking around for so long and helping us all with advice, encouragement and sharing your own experiences. It's really appreciated. You must be very excited (and possibly a bit apprehensive) about only having a month to go. Best of luck with the countdown and the birth. Please do let us know how it's all gone once you get used to actually having that baby in your arms! So happy for you and thank you for giving us inspiration and hope. Xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 10/09/18, 11:08 »
    Hi all, it's very quiet on here!

RT have you had your transfer yet? How is everything going. Be great to hear.

Kiwigirl are you at VH at the moment or headed there soon? I know you said you were doing your FET in September. I hope things are going well.

Blondienut are you past 12 weeks now and into 2nd trimester?

I am getting my drugs delivered this morning and should start on the pill in about 2 weeks or less... Eeek! It's finally happening. A few questions though.

When did you all get given your donors details - when you started on the pill or before? They told me I won't get them until I start so assume this means when I start on the pill?

After the 21 days on the pill, on average how many days was it for you all before embryo transfer? Just trying to plan approximate dates...

And does it take a while to start bleeding after finishing the pill or is it usually in the next day or two?

Hope you don't mind my questions. And I hope some of you are still reading/coming on here to answer. I would really love to know how people are getting on too.

Xx

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 12/09/18, 12:18 »
    HI poppy ,

Nice to hear you are getting ready to start- exciting. I think I bled about 2/3 days after stopping the pill and I had transfer on Day 20 then. We got donor details around same time as starting the pill. We had got the original donor details before but they changed our donor as my DH is carrier for CF so they wanted a donor with more extensive genetic screening. Keep us posted on how you are getting on. Are you going to go and stay out there for a few days? I was there for 8 days altogether and it was very relaxing having that time.

Iím 16 weeks now and scans so far all good. Starting to believe it is actually happening!

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 16/09/18, 22:27 »
    Hi ladies... Iím heading to Alicante in the second week of October. Did anyone fly in and out on the same day? or is that not advised? iím just trying to save money!

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 18/09/18, 14:40 »
    Blondienut thanks for the reply. When you say you had transfer on day 20 is that 20 days from bleed or 20 days from the end of the birth control pill? Just trying to roughly work things out to see if we can look at booking somewhere to stay for a few days before transfer and then a few days after as well. On that note, did you stay in an apartment when you went for transfer and if so would you recommend the ones you stayed at? Great how far you are in your pregnancy now. I hope you can finally start to relax a little. Xx

Kiwigirl, were you thinking of flying in from NZ and back out on the same day? If so I would think that would be too much physically. I get the need to save money as it costs so much to travel from NZ and treatment costs on top, but maybe staying one or two days at least in Alicante might be good. Like a day before and a day after transfer? Otherwise I have read about others who have flown in and out the same day to/from the UK or Ireland but that's only a few hours flight... You need to do what feels right for you though.
    X

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 18/09/18, 15:02 »
    Hi - sorry Iíve not been in touch.
    So my donor has egg collection tomorrow and all going well we will have transfer on Monday, I am going out to Alicante on Saturday and will be staying at the melia.
    I have to start taking progesterone this Thursday and they want me to take prolutex but you canít get it in the uk so Iím taking Lubin which is very pricey!

Blondie - how you feeling? How you finding the drugs.

ZC - itís getting closer, thanks for all the help youíve given us and good luck.

I am also have my transfer on day 30 which I was very worried about but Maisee luckily put my mind at rest.
    X

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 18/09/18, 15:03 »
    Sorry meant to say poppy not blondie!