* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53782 times)

0 Members

Offline Poppy41London

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #20 on: 12/06/18, 14:02 »
Blondienut, glad to hear it went well. It's disappointing not to have any to freeze but not unusual. And you have two good embies on board now! Good luck with the two week wait.

Maiziee, its natural to feel nervous/scared but so far so good! Trust Itziar as she knows what she is talking about. You are pregnant!!

RT2015, I have my tests and first clinic appointment on Friday this week. We already met with them at the fertility show though. Still I am nervous and excited to finally be heading out there.

I emailed across all my photos just before too.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 12/06/18, 15:40 »
    Good luck poppy41londln.
    We are going out on Sunday so we have a day in Alicante.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 12/06/18, 18:58 »
    Maiziee That blood result seems great, when do you get the 2nd one done? They just told me to take a test in 2 weeks but I've no idea if they mean a home test or blood test! Of course you are nervous, haven't you been through so many waiting times, waiting to start ivf, waiting for womb lining to be ok, waiting for eggs to fertilise, waiting for embryos to grow, waiting for them to transferred, waiting to test- its a lot of WAITING and it's hard.

Poppy41London and RT2015 you will feel so much more relaxed about it all after your first consultation. It's really hot here at the moment so pack light stuff. Where are you guys staying?

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 13/06/18, 14:47 »
    Hi, we are staying at The Melia. Thanks for the tip about how warm it is there Blondienut.

Just a question for those who have been to the clinic. We are being picked up from the hotel on Friday morning to go to the hospital for our tests. But where do we go when we arrive? I did ask Itziar but I don't think she understood me as she just came back saying they would be picking us up from the hotel. But what I meant was, when the taxi drops us off where do we go in the hospital  to meet them. Is it obvious? Any pointers would be helpful  ladies. Thanks. Am hoping they have some signs in English otherwise...

Also do you have the scan done by the doctor when you have the consultation or is it done separately by someone else beforehand? Thanks.

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 13/06/18, 15:06 »
    We are staying at the TRYP Alicante - which is also part of the Melia Group.
    I have one more question to add - so you get to meet the team that will be selecting the donor as I would really like them to meet us and not just base it on a photo.
    Thanks

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 13/06/18, 15:26 »
    Hi Poppy Itziar collected us for our first appointment so she took us up to the clinic.  We met the doctor with Itziar translating for us and he scanned me afterwards in the same room. There is a curtain Itziar stays at the other side of the curtain and translates. We were happy with our appointment and all our questions were answered.  We didn't get to meet the team who picked the donor. I thought Itziar picked as she said she would start looking for a donor for us.
    Blondienut how are you feeling? Thank you for making me feel better you're right this is all about waiting. I feel like Im so ungrateful by not being excited. Not sure which point I'll actually believe it.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 13/06/18, 17:50 »
    In case itís not Itziar collecting you  (for us it was just a regular taxi) the taxi leaves you at front door. Go through main door and turn left at reception desk , take lift to 1st floor and turn left when you get out to end of corridor and centre of reproduction on right. They are all very friendly. The Melia hotel looks fabulous and is right in the centre and only about 5 min taxi ride to hospital

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 13/06/18, 21:33 »
    Thanks ladies. That's helpful. Feeling quite nervous to be starting the process which is probably why I am trying to double check everything. Am sure will all be fine once we get there.

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 14/06/18, 01:15 »
    We got picked up by a taxi too. I thought Mercedes was coming to pick us up. Anyway, the driver was lovely.
    The scan got done by the lovely Dr. Lloret in the same room as our appointment. Maizee who was your doctor?

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 14/06/18, 07:34 »
    Kiwigirl have you any plans for a return trip? How are you feeling about everything?