* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 62986 times)

0 Members

Offline Poppy41London

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #240 on: 18/10/18, 09:22 »
Kiwigirl good to hear you are feeling better ahead of your LONG trip home. Hope the flight isn't too unbearable. Take it easy and yes do keep us posted. Fingers crossed this is your time. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Angelito

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #241 on: 18/10/18, 10:15 »
    Hi ladies

I hope you donít mind me butting into this conversation but Iím a confused newbie and wonder if you can give me a little encouragement?! 

With pages and pages of chat about this clinic, it gives me a bit of confidence about it but just wondered how you are getting on at Vistahermosa?  Iíve been interested in Instituto Bernabeu but came across VH and it also looks really good, plus the costs are broken down well and the package seems to include almost everything.  Is there anything else you have to pay for?  Did any of you go over separately or can the whole lot be done in one trip?  Itís such a minefield,  just as I think Iím narrowing it down thereís something else that I read about!

Thanks ladies and good luck with your journeys!  Xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #242 on: 18/10/18, 11:05 »
    Hi Angelito

Welcome to our little group thread. I am currently taking meds and working towards receiving egg donation in the next 3 week's or so.

I really like Vistahermosa. As a bit of background we had 3 rounds of ICSI here in the UK at Guys Hospital in London (privately although it's an NHS hospital). We had excellent treatment and care there and a very personalised experience which helped us get through what was a very challenging and difficult period. As a result when it came to considering donor egg we wanted a clinic that also felt supportive and with good communication and a solid background in research. VH ticks all these boxes for me.

If you are unsure and would like to get a feel for the clinic and the team though, I would suggest visiting the Fertility Show in London which is on in a few weeks time - if that's feasible for you as I am assuming you are UK based and you might not be. We met the head doctor at the Fertility Show last year along with one of the team you deal with for most of your communication and that confirmed for us they were the right clinic. If you buy tickets to the Fertility Show you can then book a free consultation with the clinic for the day you attend. I found that really helpful and they offer a treatment discount to people who have consultations with them at the Fertility Show ( they did last year anyway).

As to how many times you have to go to the clinic etc - you only really need to go over twice. The first time for your partner to provide a sperm sample for freezing (unless you are using donor sperm) and then the second time for the embryo transfer (if doing donor egg) or egg collection and transfer if using own egg. Also the first time you go gives you a chance to have a consultation with a doctor there and to see the clinic which for me helped reassure me. And if you don't have up to date test results or you need more tests it's worth having all the tests done over there at that first appointment as I found it is much cheaper than getting the tests done in the UK.  You do have to pay for all the tests you might need and for your medication, in addition to the treatment costs, but pretty much everything else is covered I think. They also pay for one nights accomodation for you as well.

Hope that helps? Don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions. Others might be able to provide additional info too. Xx

Offline Angelito

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 18/10/18, 17:45 »
    Hi Poppy
    Thanks so much for your reply, that is really helpful.  I do like the sound of VH a lot.  I had thought of going to the fertility show but my DH rolled his eyes when I suggested it! Also, the week before, Iím booked in to have a d&c for my poor little last own egg ivf embie which sadly hasnít made it, so Iím not sure I will be quite up to it as itís a couple of hours drive and it all might be a bit much.  Will play it by ear as I think it would be helpful. 
    Anyway really do appreciate the insight, itís giving me hope after a really low time at the moment.  My own eggs are just not up to it so Iím excited at the prospect of having a better chance.
    Best of luck to you! :)

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 18/10/18, 18:22 »
    Hi Angelito, so sorry for what you are going through at the moment. I know how hard that is. Best of luck with the D and C and give yourself time to rest and recover from that.  If you do find you feel up to the Fertility Show, if it's any help my husband also found it really helpful (so maybe tell your hubby that). It was the second time we had been to it but that time went solely with the aim of talking to a number of clinics from Spain and Czech Republic about donor egg treatment and what they offer. Most people seem to go with their partners too.

That said, I appreciate it might feel a bit much for you physically and emotionally. Last year when we went it was about 2 months after I miscarried our baby (my last own egg attempt at ICSI) at almost 12 weeks pregnant. It was devastating as we really believed our time had finally come and had allowed ourselves to start getting excited and were about to start telling everyone. So I did find it quite painful and at times overwhelming being at the Fertility Show and having to start talking about donor egg treatment, but it was really helpful at the same time. Xx

Offline Mishi

modify
    « Reply #245 on: 18/10/18, 20:01 »
    Hi Angelito

I contacted VH after looking at recommendations on this forum and convinced my DH. We did have an initial Skype consultation which really helped us to decide if we wanted to go ahead with them. So you might want to do that first. Although it was a free consultation they went through all my history carefully, advised us on what they can do and answered all the questions we had.
    So we are going for DE treatment with them. We went last week when they took DH sample, did the blood tests required and gave us all the instructions on the treatment plan.
    Now we only have to go for transfer.
    Hope this helps

Offline Angelito

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #246 on: 19/10/18, 15:47 »
    Thank you both for your replies, itís so good to hear some other experiences.  Gosh Poppy Iím so sorry you were in a similar position last year.  It really is devastating when you think itís finally your time. I do think you are right about being a useful thing to do though even if itís a bit tough.  How many cycles have you had with VH if you donít mind me asking?

Mishi, thanks for your experience too.  Iíve been wondering which way is easiest either 2 separate trips or one longer one.  Did you send them all your paperwork before the skype chat?  I donít have any of this yet as waiting for a follow up from my clinic and thought Iíd ask them then.  My hubby wants a break from it all just now as well

Have a lovely weekend xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #247 on: 19/10/18, 17:46 »
    Hi ladies

Angelito this is my first cycle with VH (and hopefully the only one I will need!) RT and Kiwigirl have both been through one cycle each and Kiwigirl has just had a FET and RT is headed towards one so they may have some more insights to give.

Ladies who have been through donor egg treatment already, sorry if this is TMI, but did any of you experience a dryness and somewhat sore down below after the pill and the Decap injection? I have had this a bit since the pill finished in the lead up to my period...

3 days down on the meds and injections and I am finding the Clexane a little easier. It still stings and bruises but am learning better how to put the needle in. I am avoiding using ice though as my acupuncturist advised against it this week due to the belief in chinese medicine that the stomach should be kept warm at all times during fertility treatment.

One other question for RT and Kiwigirl and the other ladies who have already cycled- at what point did you get given any updates on the donor and how things were going?

Kiwigirl I hope you got back to NZ ok and aren't too jet lagged. How long before you plan to test?

X

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 21/10/18, 01:59 »
    Poppy - I had no issues with dryness from the meds. I think I might test 9dpt...will see how I feel :-)

Offline Mishi

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 21/10/18, 17:51 »
    Angelito- Before Skype consultation we sent them all our previous test reports and a short summary of what happened so far which.
    Also, we felt going for first appointment separately gave us opportunity to meet the team and make up our mind. Now we only have to go for transfer.
    Keep us posted on what you decide