* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49412 times)

0 Members

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #40 on: 19/06/18, 09:33 »
Blondienut and Maizee - do you mind me asking about your fertility journey? what led you to DE? Apologies if you have already said this on earlier posts.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 19/06/18, 11:37 »
    Tried for 6 months and nothing happening and had conceived my son 8years ago straight away. Also pregnant prior to him but baby had a fatal condition so didnít continue but I conceived straight away then too. Got some tests done after the 6 months trying and AMH of 1 in April 2017 with very low follicle count. All other bloods ok, husband sperm ok. Chances of ivf working with own egg was less than 5% so for us there was no question but to do donor. Before the amh result my husband wasnít that keen on donor as it was an abstract idea but when he saw how devestated I was with the terrible amh he came around to idea straight away. We did though try 6 months of clomid too before we started looking for ivf clinics...how about you?

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 19/06/18, 20:22 »
    We have been trying for 3 years. Started a bit late at 42! All in good health, but age is obviously the obstacle. Went straight to DE because the chances of pregnancy through OE IVF were so low. I had a DE transfer in April that ended up being a chemical. Going back in a couple of months to retrieve some of our frosties.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 19/06/18, 20:40 »
    I remember reading your gad a chemical, Iím so sorry- could be any of us. Was that your first DE cycle? Did they give any explanation as to why it might have happened?

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 19/06/18, 23:31 »
    Blondienut - thanks. Yes first DE cycle. We traveled all the way from NZ so it was pretty hard. No explanation really. They said it just happens sometimes. They do not believe there are any immune issues. Since it was a chemical there was an implantation so they believe I can get pregnant with DE.  We were very fortunate to have 4 embryos to freeze. It would have been harder going all that way and then having a chemical with no frosties. Not that it is guaranteed to work next time, but it is good to have that back up when you live so far away that there is some hope there.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 20/06/18, 12:52 »
    Hi all

Blondienut, congrats on the positive test! Wonderful news.

To update on things with us, we got back from Alicante yesterday as had a short break out there too. The team at the clinic were great. We mostly dealt with Itziar whilst there and Dr Lopez Galvez who runs the clinic/established it. He is such a lovely man and I felt Itziar is really warm too. They took ages with us for the consultation - about an hour and a half - which we really appreciated as meant we covered everything. The doctor even showed us the lab where the time lapse machine is and we saw a new embryo split into two cells on the screen which was pretty amazing.

We also talked at length with Itziar and one of the ladies from the donor team about our donor requirements and they didn't seem to think it would be hard to find a match (even though I was pretty specific including requesting green eyes).

I had loads of blood tests to rule out immune issues etc due to my previous miscarriage so now waiting to get the results and see if the treatment plan advised needs to be adapted at all.

And my husband had the TESE procedure to remove sperm directly from the testicle via surgery, as a means of getting sperm with lower DNA fragmentation. The doctor who did this procedure we had spoken to via Skype previously. When we met her in person she hugged and kissed us! Very unlike doctors in the UK. She was very good and no problems with the procedure itself although the results weren't as expected. Everyone expected lots of good quality sperm yet they could not find much for some reason, and it was of varying quality so that was disappointing. They have frozen it and hope to use it but we had to go back on Monday with a fresh manual sample as a back up which they said was decent and they froze that too. So they seem confident that one or other sample will be suitable.

Anyway next steps for us are they find our donor and we are probably looking to have the treatment in September to give time for finding the best donor and for me to focus on being as fit and healthy as I can before we go ahead. Have had a lot of family stress lately which has impacted on my time for prioritising this so now want to get back to it.

I feel very confident about the clinic though and like how human they are. It doesn't feel sales or money oriented at all. So I am glad we are going ahead with VH. And Alicante seemed like a relaxed and easy place to get around. We also enjoyed the Melia. But might stay in an apartment next time for more flexibility around meals, if anyone has stayed in any they would recommend?

Anyway, just wanted to give an update now I am home. RT I hope you also had a positive experience.

X

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 21/06/18, 20:24 »
    Poopy41 sounds like you had a very positive visit and itís full steam ahead for September. I donít know anything about apartments but perhaps have a look on bookings.com as I know they do self catering too and the joy is you can cancel a day or two before you go if needs be. Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle? We did a frozen cycle as it was easier to make plans. When I got my period and started on meds I was able to estimate roughly when I was going to travel so I booked a couple of cheap flights for different days and it saved me having to book an expensive flight at last minute.

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 21/06/18, 21:06 »
    Poppy - I just replied to your message. if you find a good apartment do let me know as they do not pay for my stay at the Melia when I return for my second transfer.

Blondienut - Curious to know what success rate they gave you for frozen? We were told my next transfer with frozen would have a 55% success rate.

I may have asked this question before, but who out of the group had an endometrial scratch? They have recommended this again, but I am hesitant as I found it really painful (The nurse said I was one of those people who have a rare bad reaction to it). My friend just had DE at another clinic and got pregnant without a scratch, and VH say they think it helps but it is not scientifically proven...so I am not sure it is necessary.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 21/06/18, 21:28 »
    Ziwigirl, I think they said success rate of frozen was about 55% but then I think it may increase if you put2 in?????

Iím really still not believing it and obsessing that it will be s chemical. I donít have any basis for that - I got a positive on Monday and have tested everyday since with line getting darker and darker .... please tell me to stop obsessing !!!!

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 21/06/18, 21:29 »
    Oh and I didnít have a scratch - I asked about it and they basically said do if you want but no need to if you donít want!