* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49402 times)

0 Members

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #50 on: 21/06/18, 22:41 »
It is normal to obsess! But you sound very pregnant so I would not worry 😀
Did you have the scratch Blondienut?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 21/06/18, 22:43 »
    sorry just saw your second post. Hmmm I donít think I will get it then. It may have helped last time but in the end I got a chemical so it canít have helped that much...

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 25/06/18, 15:37 »
    Blondienut, just wondering how you are getting on and if you have had the blood test yet? Hope all is going fine. X

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 25/06/18, 16:10 »
    Hi Poppy, had blood test today but no results until tomorrow, but still getting big strong positive lines on home tests so Iím taking the blood test as a formality only. Iím determined to enjoy every moment of this and not obsess and all that could go wrong....that been said we havenít told anyone yet and will just tell those who knew we weee having ivf once blood result in. How are you ? Have you digested all about your visit?

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 25/06/18, 17:29 »
    Blondienut

That's fab news you have continued to test and got stronger and stronger positives. Definitely sounds like blood test is a formality. How exciting for you. It's wonderful. Try to stay relaxed and keep on enjoying it. You don't need to tell anyone in your family etc until you are ready.

I have been letting everything sink in as it is quite overwhelming having the chat about the donor and firming things up. Also am waiting on all our test results which we should get this week.

Last week was reduced hours at the clinic due to the annual celebrations in Alicante. So be good to get our test results and make sure no issues. I had lots of immunes testing so am interested to see if anything comes back as an issue they think needs addressing - would probably only mean adding extra meds to my treatment plan but be good to know if required or not.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 26/06/18, 13:45 »
    Today is my OTD and got my bloods done yesterday , results just in 1228! Seems a bit more real now ......

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 26/06/18, 18:26 »
    Thatís a great result blondienut - congrats.
    Sorry for such a late update, Iíve had a really busy week at work.
    We got back last week, the appointment went well - my husband has concerns around getting the right donor so we agreed to send a document with pictures and our requirements which we sent over yesterday as the clinic was closed for a few days.
    I didnít have any immines as Iíve had lots of tests in the past so they think itís more of an egg quality issue which will be address with the de.
    We were dealing with someone new and I was disappointed that we didnít get Itziar as we were dealin with her over email, however, we did get to speak to Salome about out requirements and the process.
    I had my tsh measured and my husband had a fish test, however, we are still waiting for the results which is a little frustrating as I am used to London clinics giving you results the same day for things like tsh.
    We are not just waiting for a match - not sure how long this will take.
    It would be good to hear about how long it took you guys.
    RR x

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 26/06/18, 18:54 »
    Blondienut brilliant to get that confirmation with the blood test! Very happy for you.

RT we are still waiting on our results too. I had a lot of tests. I think its taking a while due to the celebrations last week as they were only open for half days and were closed this Monday I think. Hopefully in the next few days...

You also said you both had concerns about getting a good match in terms of donor. What kind of colouring do you have - skin, hair etc? Is it quite uncommon compared to the people you saw in Alicante? Also I emailed about 12 photos (!) so I would send quite a few if you want. They said that it gave them a really good idea of what to look for. And I was very particular about our donor requirements too.

I said obviously come back to us if it's too difficult but I want to start with trying to tick all our boxes. They seemed fine with it. But I do have dark hair, light olive skin and am on the short side. And I have green eyes but they said that's easier to find than blue which was good. Plus I specified things around donor age, proven donor, education. As I said I was specific! And from what I gather, when they find a donor they provide you some details and you get to agree to go ahead with them or not... Ladies who have been through it can probably tell you more though. X

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 26/06/18, 21:20 »
    Re donor info - They will give you all the basic information. I got age, eye and skin colour, was told she had a normal BMI, was a professional, proven fertility, but they would not give me her height which I found weird!

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 26/06/18, 21:24 »
    Thanks
    How long did it take to find someone?

I have brown eyes, olive skin and dark hair, most people in Alicante had lighter skin and hair colour, compared to Barcelona, however, you couldnít tell if people we were seeing in the old town were tourists.