* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49671 times)

0 Members

Offline Blondienut

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #60 on: 26/06/18, 22:08 »
We went over in March, found a donor in April but then changed to a different one early May. My DH is a CF carrier so they thought the 2nd one was safer. And then transfer June

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 26/06/18, 23:02 »
    RT, from what you describe I think you will be fine. I saw a lot of local women in the parade while I was there over the weekend and it was definitely a mix of both light and dark olive skin and lighter and darker brown, even black hair. The women in the parade were representing lots of different regions and some were very dark olive skinned and with black hair. This included a lot of young women. Also a lot of donors are students so remember they won't all be from Alicante  either. Some may be from other parts of Spain and studying there. I understand your nervousness though. It's a big thing to put your trust into others over. X

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 27/06/18, 07:29 »
    Blondienut how did they determine that the donor was a safer option regarding the CF? Was she tested? Or maybe the other donor had CF in her family tree. Good to know they consider that. Since we have such high instances of CF here.

I believe the donors in Alicante are from a wide area. Their background ethnicity and other factors such as family life religion (not that it's important to most) way of life is closer or Irish than say Czech Republic. But mostly it's their view of donation that really matters.  They just do it as a thing and no payment only small compensation Ä.

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 27/06/18, 10:16 »
    Yes, they said she had a wider CF gene profile. At first I was upset as she was 27 and original donor was 19 but then they also told me that new donor was a proven donor and safer to go with due to CF stuff. 

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 28/06/18, 15:01 »
    Hi ladies

I followed up with Itziar yesterday asking about our test results but she has come back to me today to say they aren't ready yet. And we had ours done before your RT.

I know the celebrations probably mean not a lot happened there last week but I thought we would get them this week as it will have been 2 weeks tomorrow since we had them done. Anyway, I said I was anxious about it and I hope we can get the results by early next week. I think bloods need to be tested nearly right away (?) so am assuming the hold up is the doctor needs to look at everything... As I had a lot of tests done including immunes I am just anxious to get the results.

Hope everyone else is doing well though. Blondienut when will you have the easy scan? In another week or 2? That will be exciting.

X

Offline Blondienut

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 28/06/18, 18:42 »
    Very frustrating waiting for all the results Poppy. Hopefully you will have them soon and be able to plan your cycle.

I am going to have a scan in 2 weeks so I will be 7+1 then. I know I could have it the week before but I didnít want to risk that they might not get good enough measuremts and then have to go back again. They say heartbeat normally seen at 6 weeks so at least if UK going at 7 we should see it , and also see if 1 or 2!!! I still canít really believe it but I do have lots of symptoms. Dizzy, off certain foods, really tired, sore boobs, constipated!!!!

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 29/06/18, 10:19 »
    It is very frustrating - they may have skeleton staff this week due to the holiday. Letís hope we hear back next week. Waiting for a donor is really frustrating as I just want to get going, this is my controlling personality coming out!
    Itís my 40th birthday next week so another reason I feel quite rushed!

Offline Dinkyminky

• 2018: Proud to be a Mummy at last 💕
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 29/06/18, 23:19 »
    Great to see some positive results. I hope everything goes well for you Maiziee and Blondienut.

Poppy41London and RT, when I first went to Alicante for consultation and tests at VH it was nearly a month before we got the results. We went at the end of January 2017. I think what also could contributes to a slow response is that they provide a written report in a English and also in Spanish so you have both. It was very thorough.

Good luck with your forthcoming cycles. I wish you every success.
    DM

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 30/06/18, 11:21 »
    Hi Dinkyminky

Thanks for letting me know that. It gives me a better idea of what to expect. As they have been so responsive with everything else I did think that was a bit weird. They should just say to not expect the results for roughly that long to set expectations.

Hope all is well with you. X

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 1/07/18, 01:38 »
    Poppy - hope you hear from them soon!

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay that are not the Melia? As much as I loved staying at the Melia it does not quite fit into my budget this time :-) Would be great to find a self-service apartment.