* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53862 times)

0 Members

Offline brightybrighty

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #690 on: 23/10/19, 10:58 »
Oh and thanks both re my throat etc - I'm def on the mend, so fingers crossed it continues. Just been for another obstetrician appt (my normal consultant was away for last week's one so they booked me in an extra one with her for today) and my iron is very low so they've prescribed me some iron tabs - that's a relief in itself as I think that'll help me feel more like myself again, with more energy and hopefully help my breathlessness too - I pretty much sound like a heavy-breathing dirty caller when I'm just walking down a flat road! ;-).... and Maiziee - I'm 26 weeks at the mo. Official due date is 26th Jan (if it was one bub), but they've said to forget that and think more like 37 wks (5th Jan) - 38 weeks max (12th Jan) but that to make sure we're all ready and prepared by mid Dec! It all depends on Twin 1's position (the one closest to the cervix) as to whether it'll be c section or 'natural', but have said in theory they're happy with whatever I want. Seem to fluctuate on a daily basis between the 2, but prob not much point thinking about it too much until I get a bit closer. Hope you're ok Maiziee and things are good with you and your little chap. 7 months is such a lovely time as they are really getting their personality and being reactive, and hopefully settling into some semblance of a routine... but still a tonne of work, I bet!!
Lots of love xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #691 on: 23/10/19, 11:29 »
    Oh Poppy thats such good news. Im sitting in a coffee shop trying to hold back the happy tears that are coming. We are definitely still doing the happy dance for you.
    I had scans every week the entire pregnancy. We did have to go private to get this but it really helped my anxiety.
    This is good news and a heartbeat too. Maybe time for a happy skip xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #692 on: 25/10/19, 14:31 »
    Hi Maiziee and Brighty

Thanks so much ladies for your happy dances on my behalf. Sorry I haven't been on here since I posted about the scan, I have just been trying to take it in... I think I had been preparing myself so much for bad news it was hard to get my head around the fact it was good news. Obviously I am very very relieved, and feel like I can allow the hope in a little bit now, though I still feel cautious.

7 weeks today. Doesn't it feel like each day goes on forever at this early stage?! Acupuncture was good yesterday. He said everything felt really good with the pregnancy so again that was added reassurance.

As to scans, so Maiziee you had a scan every week throughout the entire pregnancy? If so, wow. I am glad that helped you a bit with your anxiety. I think I am going to try and wait for the next scan at the EPU in 3 weeks and see how that goes. If I feel too anxious I will look at booking a private scan though. At the moment I am hoping weekly acupuncture will help give me regular reassurance. But we will see. At least I am feeling a bit more relaxed than I was because I was clearly so anxious, even more than I had realised.

I am wondering now about the increased progesterone. The clinic had told me to increase to 1000mg per day (5 pessaries) after I told them about the spotting. But now I have had the scan I was thinking maybe I can drop back to 800mg, especially as the EPU agreed it might be the pessaries that have caused the spotting.

I emailed the clinic on Wednesday and again yesterday, and then I called and left a message on Itziars' mobile this morning but have not heard anything back which is a bit weird and a bit frustrating. I think the utrogestan makes me quite tired and 3 pessaries at night is also a lot to insert! So I would like to go back to 4 a day, but I ideally want their go ahead first...

Anyway glad to hear you are starting to feel better Brighty. Sounds like you have been really unwell. So not nice and a bit scary when you are pregnant. Good to hear you have been given iron supplements too. I hope your energy really improves as a result.

Love to both of you.

Xx

Offline butterfly74

modify
    « Reply #693 on: 26/10/19, 13:57 »
    Hi girls! 33 weeks here now, I had yesterday the scan to check the development of the baby and everything is all right 😊!
    Yesterday the doctor first told me that after 40 ( I am 45) they tend not to wait after 39 week and that the baby is now 2,4kg and still head up.
    He asked me then if I would like to make a Caesarean section or a natural delivery. He said there is not so much difference but many women who have had bad previous experiences normally ask for a CS to stay more relaxed....I have replied that my pregnancy is too precious to “risk” a natural birth and he replied obviously that every pregnancy is precious ...but anyway up to me...
    Mai zee have you had a natural delivery?

And Brighty I am happy to read about your twins🥳 in 2 month your family will duplicate! 🎉
    As per Poppy, if you read my previous posts I had also severe bleedings and I was so preoccupied and anxious! One night I noticed red blood while wiping and I started screaming “noooo please Not again, why me, nooo” and other crazy things then I called my gynaecologist who sent my husband to buy a super mega sting of progesterone to be injected into my bottom for 3 nights. And I almost made a scan every 20/25 days...so I can really understand your fears, but it really seems it is natural with this kind of IVF...so let’s trust everything will be allright soon!,😘😘

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #694 on: 26/10/19, 18:02 »
    Hi Everyone
    Ive been reading all your posts but my little tiger has been keeping my hands full. He's starting to climb up on everything. Hes actually 8 months I cant count. It really has gone too quick.
    Poppy Im so glad everything is going well. I reccomend a Netflix binge and a very large box of jaffa cakes. I really did have a scan every week for the whole pregnancy. I was crazy. If I could have made the doctor do a daily one I would have. It did help me a lot.
    Brighty with Christmas coming up you wont see the time going in. Its so exciting. I can't believe it will only be 2 months away next week.
    Butterfly you are so close now. In just a few weeks you will be a mummy. Do you know if its a boy or a girl or are you waiting for a surprise. Brighty do you know what your twins are or are you keeping your willpower and waiting for a surprise.
    Brighty and Butterfly I had a csection. Like Butterfly it was because I didn't want any risks at all for the baby. I think if I was younger and could have went naturally I might have considered it. As Butterfly said my doctor was going to induce early too. I may have watched too many episodes of one born every minute but I thought induction seemed more complicated and ended up in a section anyway a lot of the time. Im glad I choose a csection. I had no trouble with it  at all. I turned up at hospital and within 10 minutes of going into theatre baby was born. The whole thing took less than an hour.  The first day was great as I had lots of strong medication. The second day was a bit harder but I got home on the 3rd day and I felt great. I could get up and down my stairs and could look after baby no problem. By the 2nd week I could do my housework again. I know everyone is different but I don't regret it at all.
    Hope you all have a great weekend. Butterfly and Brighty take it easy. Poppy I hope you dont worry too much. Still dancing for you xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #695 on: 29/10/19, 16:29 »
    Hi ladies

Butterfly the weeks have flown by. Not long to go now! Have you definitely decided to go for a C Section? If that is the case I guess they will schedule you for a particular date and time. You have to do whatever you feel most comfortable with and think is best for you and your baby and it makes total sense what you said to the doctor about how much this baby means!!

Good to hear about you Maiziee and that you had a C Section and it all went really well. Your little boy is 8 months too wow! He will be 1 year old before you know it. So exciting that this will be his first xmas, not that he is probably old enough to understand, but it will be fab for you I am sure.

Things are going ok with me at the moment. I was wondering though, when did you ladies stop taking the medication and did you reduce over a few weeks or did you just stop at a certain point? Also did any of you start taking baby aspirin when you stopped the clexane? I am hoping if all goes well that I will be under maternity care by the time I will stop the meds so they will help advise what to do, but just wondering what each of you did?

Also, I know Butterfly had all the tests, but Maiziee and Brighty did you decide to get the screening testing done or did you decide against it?

Brighty hope you are continuing to feel better and that the iron supplements may already have given you a bit of a boost.

Xx

Offline brightybrighty

modify
    « Reply #696 on: 31/10/19, 09:06 »
    Hi all

After feeling like I was on the mend, this blasted throat infection came back to bite me on the bum again and knock me out (hence my absence from here)...Taking it very very easy this time as am determined to get well at some point this year (!) but fingers crossed this time I'm on the mend. As someone who doesn't get ill very often and is used to being very fit and active, I've found it such a struggle and made me quite low - it really is particularly rubbish getting ill when you're pregnant, I don't recommend it!... Anyway really hoping I can start putting it behind me now and enjoy this last trimester a bit more.

But anyway, more importantly, just wanted to reply to your posts...

Poppy - how are you feeling at the mo? I'm really glad to hear things have calmed down a tad. You'll be 8 weeks tomorrow? This first bit does go extra extra slooooow... but I found that once you get the 12 week scan done, time starts to speed up and get faster and faster, so hold on!

Re the meds - I was sent a very detailed timetable of how and when to reduce/wean off the meds from Ema (the PreGen co-ordinator) but I think that came directly from Itziar or someone at VH, so I would def push them to get that info - it was basically reducing the meds over a 7 day period from 12 weeks and then stopping. For Progynova - I had been on 8mg throughout the day but that got reduced to 4mg for 7 days and then stopped. For clexane it was every other day and then stop. Prednisilone, I think, was every other day too, and then stop. And Utrogestan I'd been on 800mg throughout day and I was meant to reduce it to 400mg for 7 days and then stop. For this last one though I ended up going back up as it co-incided with one of my bleeding episodes and I was paranoid that stopping Utrogestan would make things worse (I had it in my head that the Utrogestan was the only thing supporting the pregnancy, such little faith I had in my body then!!!), so I totally used it as a comfort blanket and stayed on it for a good few weeks after stopping the other meds and then reduced it myself over time in a way that I was comfortable with. EPU said that was fine and safe to do for the baby and it made me feel better, so that worked ok for me, but if I hadn't have had all that bleeding I prob would have stopped when I was told to.

Re the baby aspirin question, I think I also asked Ema about going on to that after coming off the meds and VH reported back that there was no need.... so I didn't... I am however now on it as when I first saw my obstetrician (around 13/14 weeks) she prescribed it for me because it's meant to reduce risk of pre-eclampsia in twin mothers of my age. I'm not sure how relevant that is for you, but at least it shows that it's something that you can pick up with your NHS care to double check on.

Oh and I didn't do any extra/private screening tests etc - I just did the normal NHS combined screening blood tests and nuchal scan etc. I figured that with a young donor, the risks were low but also that any anomalies would get flagged by the NHS tests and I could then decide to then take the extra tests (Harmony etc) if I wanted to. Apparently some NHS trusts automatically send you for Harmony test (for free) if your first set of routine tests come up as anything not within normal range, so might be worth checking with yours. My trust don't (Brighton) but just down the road (Worthing) do.... but I would have happily paid extra for it if I felt I needed to of course.

Let us know how you get on...

Maiziee - it's lovely hearing about what you're up to with your little boy when you're that bit ahead of us in this journey! And thank you SOOO much for your c-section story - that was enormously helpful for me as my main worry about c-section is the recovery time and worrying about how I will cope with TWO babies if I can't move much! But your experience almost sounds appealing, haha!... I'm going to keep an open mind for now and see how things unfold. If Twin1 isn't in the right position nearer the time, it'll be decision over (c-section all the way), but I'm keeping open about natural birth, although if I feel anything like I've been feeling the past month, I def won't be mentally or physically strong enough for natural! I've been getting into Hypnobirthing audio books and my husband and I have booked into an NHS midwife run course on it in November - so far it feels really good (terrible name  - hypnobirthing - as it sounds very hocus pocus!) and can still be applicable to the c-section birth process as well as natural - plus it's all about being calm and positive which is a great skill to have in general! - so we figured why not. I'll keep you all posted.   

Oh and no, we don't know genders, we're trying to keep it a surprise, but we still have a few scans coming up so you never know we may crumble, or even accidentally see!

Butterfly - 33 weeks! That's amazing, only max 6 weeks left to go (or maybe more like 5 now!). So I'm assuming they'll book you in for for a planned c-section? Let us know when you have the date!

As for me, got my 28 week scan next week so keen to know if they're still growing on track and what position they're in now (they were both heads down last time) as it's probably going to stay like that from now on as they're running out of space to move too much, poor little things. Hoping the iron levels might have gone up after the horrible iron tablets (awful tummy cramps, the joy!)... Starting to accept the fact that my 'slowing down' needs to be very different to what I thought it meant, as am struggling to do much at all these days (prob partly caused by not being well of course). My husband keeps reminding me what the consultant said about how from 20 wks, twin pregnancies feel like 8 weeks ahead that of a singleton - and so when I moan that "I'm only 27 weeks I should be able to do such and such", he says, "no, you're more like 35 weeks, SLOW DOWN!"...

Anyway, sorry for such a long message after such a long silence... lots of love to all. xx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #697 on: 1/11/19, 12:11 »
    Brighty great to hear from you! And don't apologise for the long message. It was great to get all your news and thanks for sharing all that information too, it really helps.

Sorry to hear you aren't better yet though. It does sound like you need total rest for a while. Maybe put hubby on take care of Brighty duty over the weekend and have him do everything for you!

I can't believe you are already at 27 weeks! And as you say because it's a twin pregnancy it is as though you are even further along. Definitely sounds like slowing down is in order. You will be super busy once those twins arrive so I would try to make the most of some down time now while you can.

I will also be interested to hear how your hypnobirthing course goes. That is something I am also interested in providing all goes well with me. I am terrified of the idea of a C Section so even though there is all the pain etc to contend with, I think I would much prefer a natural birth. So I am interested to find out how helpful hypnobirthing actually can be.

As to things with me, all is ok right now. I had acupuncture yesterday and he said he has a prediction on the gender of the baby based on how my pulse feels. I will keep that one secret for now but be interested to see if he is right. I think he may well be. I am finding the acupuncture reassuring having it weekly as he is very good at what he does and I really trust him. So when he says everything feels good with the pregnancy it gives me a bit more confidence.

I am 8 weeks today - good memory Brighty - and I have my next lot of intralipids this evening. Then I will have one more final one in the 11th week if everything continues to progress well.

I also heard back from the clinic finally but really had to chase them. I think things have been a bit chaotic there and very busy in recent weeks. Mercedes doesn't work there anymore and there is a new girl called Nora who has just started. I was just glad to hear back anyway as it gets pretty stressful when nobody is responding to your emails or calls...

Anyway, Itziar said it's fine for me to drop back to 4 utrogestan suppositories a day again which I have done and I am relieved about. 5 was just a lot!! She also said for me to get in touch when I have my next scan and all going well, they will then advise me on how and when to stop the medication. So that's reassuring.

Other than that, just getting through this period day by day. Have any of you read any good baby books? If so some recommendations would be welcome as I thought I would do a little bit of research. I don't think I will buy any just yet but no harm in looking.

Ok that's all for now. Lovely to hear from you ladies as always.

Xxx

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #698 on: 1/11/19, 22:05 »
    Poppy its great to hear that your keeping well. It won't be long until the first 12 weeks have passed.
    Im so excited about Christmas this year. He wont know anything but we are like overexcited children planning it.
    I felt exactly the same as Brighty about the medication. I had no issues stopping the progynova or the clexane but I struggled stopping the progesterone. I had googled and read that some people had had a bleed after stopping it quickly and I knew I couldn't cope if that happened so I kept taking them til 16 weeks then stopped slowly. I didn't have any bleeds. I don't know if it made a difference but I had to find a way to feel comfortable stopping it. I took baby aspirin for the rest of my pregnancy.
    I didn't have any screening tests apart from 20 week scan. They aren't routinely offered here as up until last week terminations weren't legal. I probably wouldn't have done anything with the results so I didn't feel it was necessary.
    Brighty sorry you're not well again. I really hope you're on the mend this time.
    I was so scared about giving birth either way I got so anxious about it. The doctor helped me choose a section as I felt I had some control over it. I think whichever way you choose you need to be comfortable with your decision. People love to tell you horror stories. Dont listen to them. Everyone is different. You dont hear about the hundreds of people every day who go into hospital and have an uneventful birth where things go well. This is much more likely to happen whatever you choose than all the horror stories that make good tv.
    Relax and take good care of yourselves xx

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #699 on: 7/11/19, 08:40 »
    Hello everyone... I look forward to chatting with you all!
    To introduce myself, I'm heading back to Vistahermosa in a few weeks for a 3rd round of DE IVF. We'll need to be there for a week as we'll be using DH's fresh sperm.
    Can you recommend things to do there to help me stay in a good space...  Have you done yoga there?  Wondering if any of you have done acupuncture in Alicante before your transfers.
    Thank you x