* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53675 times)

0 Members

Offline RT2015

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #70 on: 6/07/18, 06:10 »
I finally got my results from the clinic, on the same email they said they found a donor and I could start. I said I needed more info on the donor before I started and I got an email back saying they would give me more info once I started. I refused to do this and they said they would let me have more today. Iím very concerned as I discussed at quite length my requirements and feel concerned at how much they have looked at it.
Has anyone else had a similar experience, I am wondering if I should consider another clinic at this stage.
Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 6/07/18, 08:18 »
    RT if you say you're starting and you don't like the donor they will find you another. We started twice and rejected 2 donors for various reasons and lost 1 due to my cycle and bleeding. So saying you're starting is just a formality. But I'm sure they will give you more info soon.
    It can turn a little admin ish once your started. But they do like to do things in a certain way. It will pay off in the end.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 6/07/18, 13:02 »
    Hi RT, are you concerned because of how quickly they found the donor or the information they gave you or both. Maybe if you share what information they gave you others can tell you if that's standard or not (not necessarily the details if you don't want, just the areas like age etc)?

It does sound funny they said they would give you more info after you start as obviously you don't want to start until you are happy and have agreed the donor. But perhaps that could also have been a language issue and they misunderstood. I have had that a couple of times with a few things and had to clarify with them.

I still haven't received my test results but I know I had more tests than you and so it will take longer to write it up. But I did think I would have them by now... Overall though I do feel confident with the clinic and like the team a lot. I think the approach is quite personal and their communication seems loads better than a lot of other clinics if you read the forums. But it has to feel right for you. I would just ask all the questions you have and don't proceed unless/until you are ready and feel confident. X

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 6/07/18, 13:53 »
    Update - I sent an email to the clinic and just heard back from Salome that we should get our results on Monday. Apparently as I also had genetic tests they take three weeks to get the results for and they just received them this morning. Feeling more relieved now. I wish they had just told me that from the start as then would have known not to expect sooner, but probably Itziar didn't know some of the tests take 3 weeks.

Offline RT2015

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 7/07/18, 07:35 »
    Thanks...
    I guess I just panicked as it was quite quick.
    I went back to them and asked for more info, they told me she, BMC was normal, skin colour and hair colour. Iíve gone back to check if the donor has a degree, if sheís Spanish and proven as this is all really important to me. When I had my meeting I was under the impression I would get this.
    The clinic are lovely and have been great, itís more me being a little apprehensive. I keep on thinking how do I know all the info is correct and honest as Iíll never know, but Iíll have this with all clinic that are anonymous.

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 7/07/18, 09:12 »
    Hi RT2015 - from my experience, they would not give me nationality, or profession. The information given was age, if she was a student or a professional (mine was a professional), eye colour, hair colour, skin colour, blood group, if she has normal BMI (but not weight), and if she has proven fertility (mine did).  Because of Spanish law I believe this is all they can give you.

In my initial correspondence, I was told they would provide "age, hair, skin, blood group, eyes, height, weight, if she is a student or professional, and if she has proven fertility."

When they confirmed the donor and I queried that the weight and height were missing they said "we are not allowed anymore to confirm weight or height according to the law. We can only say that the BMI is healthy and she must have a similar complexion like you."

Perhaps there was a change in Spanish law. Anyone know?

Offline Kiwigirl007

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 7/07/18, 09:13 »
    I also went back and asked for hair texture, as I have curly hair. They were unable to give me this information.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 9/07/18, 15:53 »
    I just got our test results back from the clinic and it seems everything was in normal range. All my immunes tests appear to be ok. So that's a relief.

It also makes me feel a little better that my miscarriage last year (from our third round of own egg IVF) was not caused by any immunes issues but just bad luck/chromosomal issues which can happen to anyone, especially with older eggs. Still devastating that it happened, but at least it confirms what everyone thought/said, that it was just one of those very unfortunate things...

And more importantly for going forwards, it means that there aren't any extra barriers in our way. I have asked a few questions as the test results themselves were in Spanish, but they gave a basic report in English. And I checked all the results to ensure things were within normal range and it seems they were.

Feeling relieved!

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 9/07/18, 16:30 »
    Great news Poppy delighted for you. We certainly do grieve for our own eggs. But now you can move forward with good info behind you.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 9/07/18, 19:49 »

ZC thanks. Xx Hope all still going smoothly for you. Thanks for sticking around. How many weeks now?