* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53872 times)

0 Members

Offline Maiziee

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #700 on: 7/11/19, 15:55 »
Hi Mrs Hopeful. I remember you from last year. I think you were in Alicante just before us. How are you?
We stayed in  Alicante for a while too. We just treated it as a holiday and did lots of sightseeing. The castle was really interesting and so was the archeological museum. If you like art theres a great gallery with Salvador Dali pictures. We also visited a chocolate factory and some markets. There are lots of nice villages around Alicante. Elche is lovely. We tried not to do too much so I could rest too but it was great to be able to distract myself from it all.
I had acupuncture while I was there. I cant remember where it was but the lady doing it was lovely. Mar at the clinic organised it. It wasn't expensive. I don't know if it helped or not but its relaxing and you feel like you're doing something useful.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #701 on: 8/11/19, 12:05 »
    Hi ladies

So I am 9 weeks today. Scan next Wednesday and then maternity booking in appointment on Friday. Fingers and everything crossed all continues to go well. I had acupuncture again yesterday and he said the pregnancy felt strong and all seemed good to him. So that provided some reassurance. I count on those weekly appointments at the moment.

Mrs Hopeful, welcome back and nice to have you join us. I really hope this cycle is a successful one for you. I don't have much to offer in terms of what you can do whilst in Alicante as we tended to just relax and not do too much beyond going out to eat, reading, watching TV and Netflix and going for walks (or going to the beach if we were there when it was hot).

Not sure if you have been at this time of year or not but I was there last year at the beginning of November and it got quite cold at times. It was also very windy a lot of the time. So I would make sure to bring plenty of warm clothes as well as some lighter things in case you get some hot weather (which hopefully you will!)

Have you already got somewhere to stay? You probably do but if not we stayed in a fabulous apartment a few months ago that I can find the details of if you want. Anyway keep us posted on where you are at with everything and I hope we can support you.

Maiziee, did you dress your little boy up for Halloween or is he still a bit too young for that? I am not surprised you and your hubbie are excitedly planning for xmas. It will be so fabulous celebrating it with your son, whether he knows what is going on or not!

Brighty how did your scan go? I hope all is well and on track with your twins and that things are good with you. Hope you are feeling better finally now too and taking it a bit more easy in general.

Butterfly, I hope all is well with you also. Do you have a date booked in now for your C Section? The time must feel like it is flying by. Not long to go now at all I would think!!

Anyway, love to all of you. I will keep you posted on things with me.

Xx

Offline brightybrighty

modify
    « Reply #702 on: 8/11/19, 19:36 »
    Hi all!

Poppy - ooh, 9 weeks today! Is it starting to speed up a little now? So great re the weekly acupuncture and feedback, sounds like he's really helping you get through this period, what a godsend!... 10 week scan next week feels like a big milestone doesn't it, we'll all be thinking of you. And from now on, every day that goes past, your chances get even higher and higher. I know that doesn't always help, it often made me feel more stressed (more pressure!) but it is logically good to keep in mind....

Re books - I heard good things about What To Expect When You're Expecting and also How to Grow a Baby and Then Push It Out. I got both second hand online and they both seem good (esp like the tone and style of the second one) but I kind of lost interest the closer it got to birth info as they're very much set up for singletons and not twins so I found it a bit frustrating not knowing which bits actually applied to me and which didn't. The hypnobirthing audio book we;re listening to is really good too - think it's called Your Baby Your Birth, by Holly De Cruz.... Btw have you discovered social media Marketplace yet? I'm totally obsessed - so many local bargains to be had. I have saved SO much money getting really good quality baby clothes and kit in excellent condition, some of which have hardly been used but are the fraction of the price. Baby bouncers, gorgeous clothes, muslins, blankets, slings, bath supports, you name it - we even picked up a free double buggy last week and is the make I wanted (£600 new!) - in a pretty terrible state (cosmetically) but I found a buggy valet service locally who come and collect it and take it away to steam clean, sterilise, repair and generally give it a good MOT - all for £55! I've also got some useful bits for free on Freecycle too. With having to buy two of everything it's really made a difference... and it means I feel less sick about buying the important things brand new x 2 (car seats etc). I've also sold a couple of things on social media marketplace as well which has been great for clearing out the clutter and making a few £ back, so I def recommend!

Maiziee - how exciting, your first Xmas altogether! Must be so lovely, getting everything ready for a cozy family Christmas - will you be with other family/friends or just you? 

Mrs Hopeful - hello, really good to meet you - I wasn't on here when you were on before, but it sounds like you've been through the mill as well...Good luck for next few weeks, I know what a rollercoaster of emotions it all is. I'm not too sure about yoga etc, but I would have thought there'd be something, are you staying at Hotel Melia? If so, I'm sure they'd be able to point you in the right direction. It's quite an international place isn't it so I would have thought there'd be something accessible... plus I know some people on this thread had acupuncture somewhere locally pre/post transfer (Butterfly - I think you did as well, didnt you?) - but like Maiziee says, best to ask the VH team, they're bound to know. I spent my time, like Poppy - going to healthy restaurants, sitting by the harbour reading in the sun/shade, going for relaxed walks along seafront and getting lost in the old town, and early nights with Netflix, and that helped keep me in the right relaxed headspace. I also did some relaxation yoga in my hotel room from YouTube  and listened to some Zita West relaxation visualisation MP3s etc... I hope some of that helps! Let us know how you get on....

As for me, I'm finally recovered from my October of illness and am feeling like me again - in fact I've not felt this 'me' for whole of pregnancy - the first trimester was emotionally wrought what with all the worry and bleeding etc, and then the 2nd trimester I've pretty much felt rubbish the whole time what with sinusitis and throat infection, and so finally for the 3rd trimester I seem to be on form again, thank goodness! Plus I think the iron tablets are kicking in as my energy levels are on the up too...Starting to get very uncomfortable and waddly and cant do an awful lot, but in comparison to how I felt before, I feel like Superwoman!

28 week scan was great - both beans on track for growth and still weighing practically the same (2lb 11oz & 2lb 9 oz). T1 is head down still and T2 is breech now (feet down) so ying and yang. Next scan at 32 weeks and that's when we'll prob start making some birth decisions! We have a lovely 4th year student midwife who's taken us under her wing on as one of her caseloads for her course (we're in demand as we're twins!) and so she comes with us to all appointments and is available by text at all times of the day for my random crazy questions which is lovely... she's coming round to our house next week to talk us through birth plans and has even suggested that she make us up a visual one which apparently is great for pinning up on the wall of the labour room so that anyone coming in can see straight away what our prefs are without having to wade through notes.

Anyway, I'm now focussing on trying to make it as long as possible - if I can get to 34 weeks (mid Dec) I'll feel v happy as that's apprently when they can breathe on their own - anything after that is a bonus. But we'll see, what will be will be I guess...

Got our NHS twin one day workshop next Friday, and then hypnobirthing starts the following weekend - I'll keep you posted on how it goes Poppy! 

Still got lots of decluttering and re-organisation to do at home - the 'nursery' is a complete junk room at the moment as it's full of stuff!! It used to be my office but since not being well, I've taken to working on the sofa/kitchen table so I'll prob carry on doing that now until I wind down completely. Just need to clear all my files and junk out of it and move somewhere else!

Anyway, I've waffled on for long enough now! Wishing you all lovely relaxed weekends and look forward to hearing all your news next week and beyond.

Lots of love xx

Offline brightybrighty

modify
    « Reply #703 on: 8/11/19, 19:39 »
    Just read my message back and I can see that the system has automatically changed what I wrote to 'social media marketplace'! I'm assuming you know what I meant to write! Massive social media platform starting with F! haha...

Offline butterfly74

modify
    « Reply #704 on: 12/11/19, 13:45 »
    Hello girls,

Happy to hear from you all. 
    For Mrs Hopeful on Monday afternoon, after the transfer, I also made the Paulus protocol with an acupuncturist in Alicante I found on internet (http://medintegra.es/equipo/Pedro Rodriguez). He was very nice and also put me two little gold stones on the ears as auricular therapy and made me some bio-energy massages (it is something not very rational and medicine-approved I think, but, as the doctor Manuel Lloret Ferrándiz said, if it makes you feel better, no problem!). I had my sessions here at home before leaving but as I read it is also important to do a session after the transfer I looked for a doctor there (from VH they suggested a woman which is not a real doctor, since in Spain you can also be acupuncturist without having studied medicine, so I preferred to look for someone else).
    I also suggest you to go to dinner to Bar Manero, personally the “place to go” in Alicante!👨‍🍳

Besides I have started to do acupuncture again since I am suffering for sciatica pain 😩: I cannot walk without aching but since I have diabetes I need to move so I am doing cyclette and aqua gym.

Poppy thank you for asking: they have booked a TC for December 3 but the right date will be fixed one week before. I hope the head physician will be there for me, since it happens one of his colleagues is my father in law’s friend and apparently the doctor said he would love to make my TC personally ..let’s see (the clinic where I’ll go is a university one so better to have an old master supervising 😬). And congrats for your 10 weeks!

Brightly how much weight have you taken  so far? I am +12kilos now (36 week) and of course for the gynaecologists is a lot, but Considering  I am on diet I think I could have been much fatter without all the diabetic limitations!

Maizee have you done a flu vaccine? Maybe not because you baby was born in spring but here they suggest to do it. I have already had a diphtheria pertussis antitetanic trivalent vaccine, which here they suggest you to do at week 32, but I am not sure about the flue one....any suggestions?

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #705 on: 12/11/19, 23:00 »
    Hi ladies, thank you for welcoming be back so warmly :-*

Maizee, thank you for all your suggestions. Elche looks lovely! Congratulations on your baby!!

Poppy41London got everything crossed for you for your scans. Wow thank you so much for your tips on the weather. I'd love your apartment recommendation. We looked at some air bnbs, but we're swaying towards a hotel. But after your message, we're open...

Superwoman Brighty - beautiful tips for me. Thank you. We were planning on Melia until I saw Poppy's message. Sounds like you have a busy line up ahead of you - I'm so excited with your story. Happy you're feeling better now

Butterfly74, thank you for your suggestion re Pedro Rodriguez. I will speak to him. I take it he is experienced with fertility treatments?  What is a TC? I hope your journey is going smoothly

xx

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #706 on: 12/11/19, 23:10 »
    The 2 restaurants we love there are Nou Manolin & La Taberna del Gourmet. 
    I'd love to hear of other healthy & veggy friendly restaurants you've all been enjoying whilst you've been there x

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #707 on: 13/11/19, 13:33 »
    Hi ladies

I won't write much now and will respond properly to all your news at a later point. But as you have been with me all the way with this I wanted to let you know my sad news. Unfortunately when I went for the scan this morning they could not find a heartbeat anymore and the baby had stopped growing at a little over 7 weeks... I have just been back at the hospital having a follow up scan with a senior doctor to confirm things and he said the same. It's a missed miscarriage.

Feeling in shock and pretty devastated even though I tried not to get my hopes up too much but how can you not on some level. And now I have to decide what to do about it - wait and see with the natural route, tablets or surgery. Have any of you been in this position before with any of your losses? If so, wondering what you decided to do? My previous missed miscarriage was very traumatic so I am pretty anxious about it and really want to try and avoid it being like that on top of the emotional pain. But they said I don't need to decide right away what to do and I guess I need to let this sink in a little bit first today anyway.

Love to all of you. And Mrs Hopeful please don't get put off with my sad news. I really hope this next time it works out for you.

Xxx

Offline brightybrighty

modify
    « Reply #708 on: 13/11/19, 13:54 »
    Oh Poppy I'm so so very sorry to read such devastating news. Of course you can't help but be hopeful, even when you try and protect yourself, it's human nature - especially the longer it goes - so you're bound to be utterly floored by this news. My heart really goes out to you and wish I could give you a massive hug in person. It really is not fair at all, none of this is, I know... But yes, you need to take some time for you, get through this next stage and recuperate before even thinking about next steps. With my MMC at 12 weeks I went ahead and had the surgery booked in for the next day straight after finding out - it all happened so quickly and I think we just went ahead with the decision in a state of shock, but I did regret making such a quick decision and wondered how it would have panned out if I'd waited to let things sink in first. As these things go though, it went ok and the hospital were lovely all the way through. It does make the whole thing feel a lot more clinical though, but it depends on what you did last time and what your instinct says this time around. I know nothing anyone can say can take this pain away, Poppy, I so wish you didn't have to go through this again, but I really am sending you so much love right now. Look after yourself and let yourself feel everything - as hard as that is - so that you can process what's happened and eventually get to the other side. And please don't worry about replying to posts at a later date - none of that is important. The only thing that matters is looking after you right now so that you can get through this. Sending you so much love - you won't be far from my thoughts... lots of love xxx   

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #709 on: 13/11/19, 17:02 »
    Oh Poppy Im so so sorry that this has happened to you. Its not fair. Not fair at alll. I really wish I knew what to say to make you feel better but nothing I could say will help. My heart feels so devastated for you. I really am sorry.
    With my losses Ive tried the natural way the first time as I couldn't bring myself to let go but it took a long time to happen and it felt like everything was on hold until it happened. The next time I tried the tablets. It made things quicker but it was still traumatic as you take them and go and wait. After that I had the surgery the next few times. Its quick and like Brighty says its more clinical. It seemed easier for me.
    Im sending you all my love. I wish there was more I could do or say.