* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49361 times)

0 Members

Online Poppy41London

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #770 on: 4/03/20, 18:37 »
Hi Firefly

I am glad you are doing ok after egg collection. I understand your disappointment in getting 4 mature eggs rather than more. But hopefully unlike previous cycles the majority of these eggs will develop into embryos and will be good quality.

Also ICSI is pretty standard these days and tends to result in better outcomes, so I wouldn't worry at all about that.

I hope you are recovering ok and will be comfortable enough in hospital tonight. And hope your husband is feeling ok if he is going back to the flat on his own tonight.

Really hoping things go well with fertilisation and you end up with some strong embryos.

Keep us posted. And try not to stress or worry. Just rest up and think positive. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #771 on: 5/03/20, 15:36 »
    Hi everyone,

Hope your all keeping well.

Firefly- Hope your doing better after your stay last night. I second everything Poppy said. I know you must feel so disappointed seeing as you got so may more eggs on prior cycles but hopefully these will be of much better quality and you'll get some really good embies. This part is really tough...worry bout fertilisation and the coming days so do try put it out of your mind if you can. You've done absolutely everything you can now and I'll be praying for really good results for you.
    I also agree with Poppy on ICSI. We've had it for all our cycles and it should if anything improve your chances. I'm keeping everything crossed for you both xx

Poppy how's things. Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to your post.
    I'm delighted your getting on well with the thyroxine. If your feeling even slightly more energised it does indicate that there may have been some underactivity and your increase in energy is a response to your meds. All really good signs. It's great to have gotten that sorted. Every little thing helps.
    How did you get on with the cortisol test after??
    Thanks for your tips on IVF Spain. It's funny as I totally get everything your saying with it being a big machine and adding numerous tests which I'm sure are costly and often unwarranted. The only thing I will say is that lots of couples seem to go there which you would imagine means they are doing something right and in our situation with just one short lived pregnancy after a total of 4 embryos transferred from donor eggs...you can't help feeling there must be something wrong somewhere and maybe further testing is required..for us. Either that or we have just been incredibly unfortunate in that the embryo's transferred had some chromosomal issues. We have been told so many times that my husbands sperm is good and I can't forget that when we first attended VH how sure our consultant was that we would not need PGS as donors are so young. I would go as far as saying he was adamant.
    So...we're left wondering,were we just super unlucky with our last donor OR are there other underlying issues with me.

To be honest Poppy I do not want to leave VH either does my husband.I agree with everything you said about them re their affiliation with research and connection to a hospital. Plus I really love my consultant and really trust him and feel that's not always easy to find. At the mo we are veering towards having another cycle there. We'll have a new donor plus I'll have a repeat hysteroscopy and hopefully (fingers and toes and everything crossed) we have better luck next time!!!!  Its such a hard decision to make solely because you want to feel you've done the right thing. Right now...we both feel this would be the right thing. God I so hope we are not wrong!!!  ^pray^

Thanks again for your input.
    Hope all else is going well for you, Have you a time in mind for your next transfer? The waiting I always find is the hardest, Chat soon Poppy xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #772 on: 5/03/20, 17:10 »
    Thank you so much Poppy and Jenny for your kind words. It was nice to get out of hospital and back to the apartment. Nora has confirmed 3 of the 4 eggs fertilised and I am waiting to hear which day they will do the PGS and transfer. She seemed pretty confident it would be at day 5 but I canít help worrying with such few numbers there might not be any left! BUT I am holding onto the fact that hopefully with fewer eggs they will be good quality and if our baby is in there the embryo will survive the upcoming tests. For now I am relieved we got 3 fertilised and am hoping for a better night sleep tonight.

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #773 on: 5/03/20, 18:49 »
    Hi Firefly

Three out of four having fertilised is pretty good going. As you say, now you just have to hope that these are nice and strong and develop well. And if you are doing PGT-A testing that you get at least one normal one to transfer. It's a difficult wait I know. Just try to distract yourselves as much as possible and remember that its really out of your hands now. You have done everything you can. Thinking positive thoughts for you and hoping for the best.

Xxx

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #774 on: 5/03/20, 21:30 »
    Firefly having 3 eggs fertilise out of 4 it totally amazing!!!!  ICSI was the right way to go.

My advice is just take these next few days one day at a time. Try distract yourself with other things.
    These days are almost as bad as the 2ww but remember there is literally nothing further you can do so try enjoy your time there and plan to do nice things that will capture your interest.

It's a long time til blastocyst and I remember in the past I would only allow myself one point in the day where I could think or talk about it for half an hour. The rest of the day I would remind myself of my rule and it worked for me.

You will definitely sleep tonight and you deserve the Zzzzz's

Your job...so far...is done. Enjoy yourself now xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #775 on: 6/03/20, 10:45 »
    So the plan is that the PGT will be done on Monday (day 5) and all going well the transfer will happen on Tuesday. Crossing all my fingers but I keep thinking if our baby is in there is will make it to Tuesday and if not I would rather know than have to go through the TWW for nothing.

Now to forget about it for the weekend and enjoy! I have booked myself a massage and facial for tomorrow  :)

It is lovely to have this board to voice my thoughts to!

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #776 on: 9/03/20, 08:38 »
    A little update. Ema called today to say two embryos have made it to day 5 and will be PGT-A tested and if all is ok the transfer will be tomorrow. Quite nerve wracking with only two left but I keep thinking I would prefer to know now if they are not normal and save myself the heartache of the tww and a potential miscarriage if they are not. Letís pray at least one is there waiting for us tomorrow!!

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #777 on: 9/03/20, 09:22 »
    Firefly thanks for updating us.

It's all really hard I know. It's great you still have two going strong and I am hoping and praying for you that at least one of those is chromosomally normal when tested. As you say, at least you will have piece of mind whatever happens tomorrow. And hopefully you will be having an embryo transfer tomorrow with a healthy little embryo. I imagine today will be a hard day of waiting so try to keep yourself occupied and try to stay as relaxed as you can. Thinking of you. Xxx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #778 on: 10/03/20, 12:29 »
    So one embryo passed the PGT-A testing and is now safely onboard! It would have been great to have had something for the freezer but I am just so happy there was one and they said it was grade A.

Poppy, I know you were questioning if you would use PGT-A and after this experience I am so glad we did. To think the other Blastocyst that looked good in the lab was abnormal and wouldnít have lead to a pregnancy is crazy. We could have frozen that one and come all the way back here to have another shot with it which would have been a huge waste of time, money and emotion. Not to say because this one is normal it will definitely work but it is reassuring to know it has a good chance!

Overall I think the team has been great! I am however very happy I had Ema from PreGen as she has been great with communication and keeping me updated which was a little bit lacking from Nora. It was so nice to feel like someone was fighting our corner throughout.

We now have a few more days in Alicante just to relax and take it easy and then we fly home on Saturday. Canít wait to get back but I am sure the next two weeks will have their ups and downs!!

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #779 on: 10/03/20, 14:56 »
    Firefly that is amazing news! You are so lucky to get one normal embryo out of the remaining two. So glad you have had the transfer and you are now relaxing.

Yes I am going to proceed with the PGT-A testing. My only concern about it really is the cost. We thought we would just be paying for a FET which costs very little, and now we have to find the money for the PGT-A testing as well which is not cheap. But after 3 miscarriages it feels important as I really want to minimise the chance of having to go through that again. Let's just hope that we are lucky enough to have at least one, if not more normal embryos out of our remaining 4 blatocysts.

I hope you both have a relaxing few days before you fly home. The next two weeks will feel long but at least you know you have given yourself every possible chance of success with a chromosomally normal embryo on board. Keep us posted with how you get on in the two week wait and when you test. Xx