* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53878 times)

0 Members

Offline jennyH1

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #780 on: 10/03/20, 21:39 »
Aaaaaawww Firefly no way...I am soooo excited for you!!! That's such fantastic news that you've transferred 1 grade A tested embryo...go embie!!!  ;D It's such truly amazing news. It must feel extra great to have a PGS tested thumbs up embiebaby in there. I know it doesn't give absolute guarantee but by gosh is it a good start!! So happy for you and will be thinking of ya for the next 2wks.

The dreaded 2ww. Love it and hate it! Just try enjoy the first week anyway!!!I always say that to myself because by the time I get to week 2 I'm nutso and would literally drive miles to get my hands on a preggers test  (even though I would have promised myself a gazillion times I would wait for beta) Easier said than done!! Do try have fun this week though and enjoy that PUPO feeling.

Don't have another thought about not having one to freeze by the way. I know you feel disappointed (I've been there) but it's just so incredible that you got one!! Sooo incredible!!

Enjoy Alicante now and put your feet up and allow your hubby to spoil you. It's a great time to be pampered. So so happy for you both xxxx............. ^goodluck^....have just everything crossed for you as always xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #781 on: 12/03/20, 21:05 »
    Hi all

Firefly I hope you are enjoying the last few days in Alicante before flying home.

Jenny thanks for your message. Things are ok with me. I will get another blood test in a week or so to check on my thyroid levels and then will see what the consultant says about my thyroxine dose and whether to up it. I think it could maybe do with being upped a bit tbh but lets see.

Jenny as to next steps, the coronavirus is definitely throwing a spanner in the works. Now they are saying the peak could last over the summer here in the UK when I was hoping it would be well and truly over and I could get on with treatment. I was thinking things would be ok by June but that now seems very optimistic. I really hope it doesn't go on that long though as it's so worrying and makes the thought of doing treatment really difficult for fear of contracting the virus whilst taking meds or after transfer.

You mentioned to me that you may try to get a donor lined up and start things in the next few months, but you would ask about screening for the virus first. That sounds good in principle, however even if the donor is tested beforehand, what's to say she won't contract the virus whilst cycling... There is just so much unknown. Spain apparently is now the worst hit country in Europe after Italy so it's probably going to get pretty bad there. It's so scary and so sad.

I am surprised more people aren't talking about it on this forum in general. But I guess things are only just starting to ramp up in the UK now...

Xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #782 on: 13/03/20, 09:49 »
    Hi Poppy and Jenny,

We have had a nice last few days, beautiful weather and if it wasn't for the news you wouldn't have a clue about Coronavirus here. We are a bit anxious about getting home and travelling through the airports but if we don't do it now we might never get home!

Has Vistahermosa given you any advice on what they plan to do? It must be a very tough decision as to what to do but I just hope everything dies down in the not too distant future. I have no idea what would happen if you contracted the virus while cycling or in early pregnancy but I guess as young and healthy people our bodies would fight it off pretty well.

I guess only time will tell but I hope for you all it doesn't effect your plans too much! Sadly the rose industry has come crashing down and we are getting a lot of cancellations in the safari lodge so it is going to be a tough year.........My sister in law is planning to get married on the 4th April with lots of overseas guests and that is all up in the air at the moment. It seems to be effecting everyone one way or another!

Xx

Offline Rainbowmumma50

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #783 on: 14/03/20, 13:12 »
    Dear everyone, just caught up on everyoneís news. I hope you donít mind if I put my perspective?
    We tried for many, many years. We used two clinics in the U.K., both with good reputations. Then eventually accepted we would need a DE. We tried twice at one overseas clinic, before we found Vistahermosa. We also coordinated through Ema at PreGen, which doesnít cost anything extra from what I can work out. As others have said, she was amazing and just seemed to have everything covered. She answered my messages and calls immediately, often ringing me every day to check I was ok or checking I had the next step sorted. It was so helpful as previously I felt very alone and scared I might miss a step, or do something wrong.
    I also decided to focus on me and my health, so I had three sessions of reiki as Iíd read that blocked chakras could affect me...no idea if itís true, but I cried lots, and felt exhausted after the first two, but by the third I felt so calm and was able to maintain that calmness. I also found an IVF acupuncturist who became part of our Ďteamí and had sessions every week until I was week 12. I genuinely think this all helped. I didnít feel alone, and it felt so lovely having other people talk about WHEN I got pregnant, not if. That positivity helped keep my head in a good place. Yes it was expensive, but weíd already spent so much, we decided one more go and throw everything at it... thank you credit cards!!
    Anyway, we had our transfer in October. Like many of you, we were running out of money and wondering if we were just throwing more money at a never ending situation. We had MACs on my husbandís sperm, and agreed to have the PGD? (I think thatís what itís called) if we had enough blastocysts. We had 8 eggs retrieved, of which 3 made it to day 5. But all 3 were hatching which we were told was unusual and very positive. We didnít have the PGD in the end as we only had the 3 and they were all growing so well.
    We initially decided to have two transferred, as we knew we could only do it once due to my age (50) and wanted our baby to have a genetic sibling. However, on the morning the whole team said it was too risky as the blastocysts were so good, they would both take and at my age, carrying twins might put both me and babies at too much risk. Wearily I agreed to just one transfer with 2 frozen, just in case. In all honesty, I was not expecting it to work.
    I flew home 4 hours later, and began to get the most awful migraine. Within a few days my heartrate was raised and I began to suspect something was happening. I felt lots of tugging too. At 7 days post transfer I got a faint line.
    To cut a rather long story short, we had a threatened miscarriage at 8 weeks - terrifying, and I ended up in hospital for a couple of days then 4 weeks of couch rest. When we had our 12 week scan, I was so scared, but our little fighter was still there.
    I spoke to a lady at EggDonation something (a great website to compare clinics) and told her our news. She told me Vistahemosa has an amazing reputation, and she wasnít at all surprised weíd had a success.
    So many reasons why we rate the team, some of you have already mentioned lots of them. But also the tests they do on donor lady - since becoming pregnant we have now realised just how much they do behind the scenes which other clinics do not do. Also they keep a DNA sample for your child , just in case of health emergencies in the future. They have been going for 30 years plus and so it feels like they are stable and safe.
    We still canít quite believe itís finally worked. Weíre now 24 weeks - viable apparently. We had a scan on Friday and babyís growing well, strong and active. We are starting to realise weíre having a baby.
    We have the sad decision to make about our two blastocysts, as we know I canít do it again. Itís very tiring on an Ďolderí body, and Iíve been signed off for most of the pregnancy so have pushed my sick leave as far as I can. I wouldnít be able to do that again, and wouldnít cope being at work. So it will be an only child, but a loved, adored, and probably thoroughly spoilt only child! And we will be offering our 2 frozen embies to another couple, obviously we have to do it anonymously through the clinic. But weíre also happy to know that we will be helping someone else as we know these are great embies.
    Weíve had so long trying, and so many times weíve stopped and said thatís it. But omg weíre both soooo happy we tried one more time. This was literally our last ever attempt. So please keep the faith ladies. It will happen. Baby dust to you all  :)

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #784 on: 14/03/20, 17:22 »
    Hi everyone,

Firefly how's it all going? Hope your managing to enjoy this time and are not getting too caught up with everything else that's going on right now. You are so right..we are all healthy people (you'd have to be when doing IVF) we'll all be fine including you!! Once you get yourself home just go into total hibernation and you'll be grand. When flying just follow the guidelines keep at least 6ft from others (even in ques)..don't worry..everyone else will be doing it also. Bring plenty of alcohol gel (at least 60-70% alcohol) and wash hands as frequently as poss esp when leaving the airport on arrival. It's a tough time for you flying but all will be fine when you take all the precautions and you arrive safely home so don't worry!!

I know all of this may add a bit of upset to your 2ww but please don't let it. It's going to effect us who are planning to travel to cycle or transfer because of flights and possible closures but you're on the other side of treatment now and if you mind yourself that little more than usual you will be fine. I'm personally delighted for you that you managed your transfer before things really got worst.

Sorry to hear about your rose business. It's going to be such a tough time for everyone but hopefully we will all bounce back. You just look after yourself now and let us know when you get back home. Safe flight. P.S- Your PUPO gal...don't let this stop you enjoying it xx

Poppy to be honest I feel really heart broken for us (you and me) and all those waiting to transfer or cycle!!! I've even had a little cry. As if our struggles have not been unfair enough...now this has come and well and truly put a stop to plans!! I don't mean to sound selfish and there are so many more severe things that have come ...and will come from this...people are loosing their lives. I know it sounds sooo selfish. I just feel really really sad that this is happening now and will prolong things immeasurably for us. Things are so incredibly fragile at the moment. It is impossible for us to fully know how badly this will effect our IVF plans for the future. I never contacted the clinic after as things have progressed so quickly and seem to be increasing rapidly. Their currently is no cure or vaccine so the only thing that will stop this is breaking the chain of transmission and one has to wonder how long that may take!!! We haven't even thought about finding a new donor etc...for us the whole thing has just become a non runner. Flight issues and a very real possibility of the clinic closing temporarily are just too much of a risk to take. I haven't been in contact with the clinic but even if they said they were fully operational there is nothing to say this could not change abruptly and without much notice.

I hope your doing ok Poppy and this further wait has not disappointed you too much. I agree I would have expected more talk about this on the forum..but I expect..what is there to say. For me though it's been nice to put my upset in writing. Hope I haven't totally depressed you but I'm sure your prob feeling the same. Take care Poppy. We will get there...eventually xx

Rainbowmumma thank you so much for taking the time to write something so inspirational for us all to read. It is so lovely to hear your great faith in the clinic and has reminded me of just how good they are so thank you!! Massive congrats on your pregnancy. Sorry you had some scares in the beginning but so glad to hear that is all behind you now. Sorry you have to read your reply at such a time that we are ( well I am ) so consumed by this covid19 situation but do know that it was a real breath of fresh air to read your post in the midst of everything. Thanks so much again xx

Keep well everyone and talk soon xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #785 on: 15/03/20, 12:25 »
    Hi Girls, just to let you know we got home safely. The airports were pretty hectic especially Alicante, it was very busy with people keen to get out. Very scary times! We are going to self isolate at home for 14 days to be on the same side......touch wood we feel fine but would rather be safe than sorry. Very happy to be back in Kenya where so far there has only been one case!

Hope you are all holding up well and so sorry that your plans are up in the air.....thinking of you all!

2ww so far has been rather overshadowed by all of this but feeling positive at the moment. Crossing all my fingers x

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #786 on: 15/03/20, 14:21 »
    Hello all,
    I havenít posted in a while. We were due to transfer end of April. FET.

Clinic moved me to shorter protocol in a bid to get back ASAP at end of March. But I canít see this happening now. Considering stopping the estrogen.

Iím so sorry this is happening especially to those of you in the middle of fresh donor egg cycles. I hope you can freeze at least. But I understand the difficulties with time passing and the unknown.

There is a really good email subscription service you can sign up to and it tells you in real time any time travel advisory or restrictions to Spain are put in place. I will post it separately under this message.

For now though it seems two weeks without travel. Right now the advisory is saying all travel restricted unless essential. Iím not sure what happens after the 2 weeks.

I have been to VH three times now. First DE successful then FET unsuccessful. Another DE round and first fresh transfer unsuccessful and now waiting on FET of last embryo.

If I can help with anything let me know especially first timers. Message or reply here.

And best of luck to you all.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #787 on: 15/03/20, 14:25 »
    For real time updates on travel to Spain

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/email-signup

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #788 on: 17/03/20, 05:27 »
    I hope you are all doing ok? This coronavirus has really turned the world upside down! Yesterday I have the most splitting headache and was sick but have been checking my temperature which remained normal and I donít have a cough. Feeling a bit better today but just going to take things slowly! Not sure if it was anything to do with a potential pregnancy or I just got sick!

Because I have been pregnant before (even if only very briefly) I feel like I have some references to how my body feels when I am. This drives me doubly mad in the 2ww as I am always looking out for that feeling. The other day my boobs felt a bit sore and I thought here we go........but now nothing! My transfer was last week so one week down one to go! The next bit is always the worst (not to mention the anxiety if we are lucky enough to get a bfp). Also canít help but worry what happens if I have managed to pick up the virus!

We are forever grateful we got this treatment done and I am so sorry for anyone who has plans on hold! My sister in law has had to postpone her wedding as Kenya has put a travel ban in place and no foreigners are allowed in for the next 30 days. The government has been very quick to restrict everything and so far only 3 cases reported. Hopefully that remains the case as it would spread so quickly through the poorer areas here where hygiene is not at all good and there is a lot of overpopulation. Luckily we have no one else around us so very easy to self isolate!!!

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #789 on: 24/03/20, 03:47 »
    Morning! I hope you are all ok in these difficult times. A little bit of good news amongst the madness. OTD today and got a lovely strong positive. Still very early days and we have been here a few time before but trying to stay optimistic about this one. I really believe my uterus has been the problem with previous cycles and fingers crossed that was fixed by the amazing VH team. I will keep you all posted but for now we have another week of isolation. Thank you all so much for the support this far. Jenny and Poppy, really thinking of you both and hoping things get back to normal so you can carry on with treatment ASAP x