* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49348 times)

0 Members

Offline Maiziee

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #790 on: 24/03/20, 10:08 »
What lovely news 😊😊😊 Congratulations Firefly. Stay positive xx
Ive not been on much Ive been so tired with work but now we are all in lockdown here I came to see how you all were. Im really pleased for you.
Poppy Im glad you are getting somewhere with your investigations. Hopefully when this pandemic is all over you will be in the right place to try again.
Jenny Im so sorry your plans were cancelled it must be so disappointing. I do feel for you.
ZC Hello how are you? Hows your little one doing? You must be disappointed not going ahead with your transfer. Hopefully this will be all over soon and we can all get back to normal life.
Im enjoying a break from work although this coronavirus is very frightening it does give me a bit of time at home with my family.
Stay safe everyone x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #791 on: 27/03/20, 18:29 »
    Hi all how is everyone?

Firefly...CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is just such fantastic news!!! I'm sooooo delighted for you, you so deserve this!!!  ^milestone^
    I know it's early days but isn't it just amazing that you have got this far and please God all will continue to go well. I feel really positive for you after having had those uterine issues resolved at the clinic. I'm honestly so excited for you!!
    Yes do continue to self isolate. Even after that second week if you can. It's crazy over here at the moment and sadly I expect it will become a lot worst before it gets better. It's good to know there are so few cases Kenya..hope it stays that way and make sure to mind yourself. As I said before...try not to let what's going on take from your excitement. Your officially pregnant and I could not be happier for you xxxx

ZC...I haven't chatted to you before so it's lovely to meet you. I'm so sorry your transfer has been delayed,it's so so hard!! I'm sorry also that you've not had luck with the most recent one's before that. We've done 2 rounds of donor egg IVF at the clinic. One BFP that ended in early miscarriage..the rest were just BFN. It's trying and the fact that everything has come to a halt is not helping!! These are difficult times and I guess we can take consolation in the fact that we are not alone. I hope your transfer happens soon and wish you just the best of luck x

Maiziee...thanks for dropping by and thanks a mil for your kind words. It is sooo heartbreaking but what can you do. Hope your enjoying this opportunity to spend a bit of time with your fam x

Poppy...I see you haven't posted here in a while. I really hope everything is well with you. Do drop us a line when you can. xxx

As for me I guess I'm starting to feel a little less heartbroken but to be honest not much. I am slightly worried as to when this will all end and we can return to trying to start our family. I'm just trying to divert away from thinking of IVF at the mo. I do recognise there are people out there with far more serious probs and my heart really goes out to them.

Chat soon everyone and stay well xxx

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #792 on: 31/03/20, 11:48 »
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I had just been finding everything a bit overwhelming so stepped back from social media etc for a bit. Feeling a bit more grounded now though.

Anyway Firefly, congratulations!! I am so happy for you that you had a positive result. 🙌 ❤. I hope everything is going well so far? When will you have your first scan? Try to take it easy and not focus on what's happening around the world with Covid19. It sounds like being in a more remote place might be the safest place to be. But still try to just stay at home as much as possible while all this is happening and do relaxing and nice things. Please keep us updated on how things are and what stage you are up to. I will aim to be on here more often now and respond.

Maiziee lovely to hear from you. I hope you are feeling a lot better now with your health issues. I am glad that in some ways this imposed period at home is feeling like a positive for you as you get more time with your little one and as a family. Though of course it is scary for everyone at the same time.

ZC I remember you well. Sorry to hear your transfer had to be cancelled. It's difficult for all of us planning treatment. But especially hard to have it cancelled part way through. I hope you and your family are doing well though and you are enjoying being a mum.

Jenny, I know how heartbreaking it is not to be able to move forward with treatment, I feel it too. I have felt all sorts of emotions. Of course as you say there are other more important things happening in the world with Covid19 spreading so rapidly and people struggling with it and even dying.  Its frightening and so sad.

However, other life issues and struggles still matter too. And for those of us struggling with fertility issues and longing to become parents, being able to move forward to try and make that happen is the most important thing in the world, especially after devastating losses. And as we all know, it is something we have all sacrificed so much for to try and make happen... So I think its entirely valid to be disappointed and upset about it having to go on hold indefinitely. Fingers and everything crossed we will get there in the end. But right now it feels doubly hard waiting it out whilst also worrying about coronavirus and staying at home.

I do hope everyone is keeping safe and well and that you are all able to limit your exposure to others. It's a difficult time for us all.

Much love to all of you.

Xxx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #793 on: 31/03/20, 13:53 »
    Maizie, Jenny and Poppy, thank you so much for your kind messages. It is so nice to have your support in this crazy time!

One week down......I have to say I think I find this bit even worse than the TWW as there is more to loose! So far I am doing ok and just staying quietly at home. I went to get Intralipids yesterday at our local hospital but was lucky to get a private room throughout. I said I was in early pregnancy and didn't want to be exposed to lots of people so they were great and took me straight from the car park to the private room. I chose not to get a blood test done as waiting for the results would make me too anxious and then I would obsess over the number. I figure it wouldn't make any difference anyway and what will be will be. 

This morning I had the tiniest bit of brown discharge (sorry, tmi) which sent my head spinning a bit but there has been nothing else so I think it was the pessary which caused a bit of irritation. I am going to use the back door for a couple of days just in case! I just wish I could relax and enjoy this time but I am on such tender hooks hoping nothing is going to go wrong!! I took another test yesterday and the test line was darker than the control which I think is a good sign......I read somewhere that when your HCG is quite high the colour can bleed away from the test line, or something like that!

I think I am going to aim to go for a scan on the 17th April if I can manage to wait that long......that way it will my 8th week and should give a clear picture. The whole thing is absolutely terrifying, I don't want to sound ungrateful at all but I am sure you know the feeling when it hasn't worked out in the past.

For now I am using the Mindful IVF app to try and relax and try to remind myself it was a PGS tested embryo and we hopefully fixed the issues with my uterus so everything should be fine. Each day as it comes but if any of you have any advise I am all ears xx 

Offline Maiziee

modify
    « Reply #794 on: 2/04/20, 19:09 »
    Hi Firefly of course you're scared. This is a stressful bit of the whole process. I understand how hard it is to relax and let yourself feel happy. Everything looks positive for you at the moment. Definitely the control line being lighter than the test line is a good sign that there's lots of pregnancy hormone present. Dont let the brown discharge worry you too much. I believe its very common with the pessaries. I had it too it almost drove me crazy. I didn't know you could use the back door or I would have done that too. Take it easy and try to think positively.
    Poppy and Jenny this whole coronavirus thing is so overwhelming. It must be so hard not to be able to move forward with your plans. I hope things go back to normal soon as I know when you are making these plans its hard to think about anything else. I suppose all you can really do is rest and take care of yourselves. Use this time to exercise and chill and be in the best position to go ahead with your plans when its all over.
    ZC can I ask did you use the same donor 2nd time. I was thinking about trying again and I'd like the same donor but not sure if its possible. I thought I wouldn't try again but Id love a sibling for my wee one. Im still not sure if I should put myself through it all again but I do need to decide soon. After all this is over Ill decide finally what to do. It must be so disappointing that your transfer wasn't able to go ahead but I hope your enjoying the time at home.
    My health has been so much better and the medication seems to have worked. The side effects aren't as bad now its in my system and other than being tired alot Im much better. Im enjoying being at home so that's one positive thing about this whole crazy situation but I'm so scared for my family and friends too.

Online ZC

modify
    « Reply #795 on: 12/04/20, 21:01 »
    Yes same donor. They simply ask her and if she agrees then you can. And she said yes.
    I was so happy. Sadly as you know it hasnít worked out for us. And now we may not return due to my age (44 now) and things are complicated with covid. Plus FET has such a a lower success rate (at this clinic). So itís all up in the air.
    They can also just do an egg retrieval if you wanted to wait so they may be better for you. But frozen eggs donít thaw as well as embryos as you know so that needs to be considered but itís something they offered us. We didnít need it as we wanted to go for it the minute she said yes.

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #796 on: 18/04/20, 09:08 »
    Hi, how is everyone doing?

Firefly I know you mentioned you might have been going for a scan this past week. If you managed to, how did it go? And how is everything going? I hope living somewhere remote makes you feel more comfortable about being pregnant with everything that is going on in the world. Hopefully it means you can feel more assured that you will remain safe from the virus.

ZC you mentioned that FET is not as successful at VH. I just wondered where you heard that and what exactly you have heard? Only because I was under the impression it has a very good chance of success and many ladies seem to have had success with it at VH. We will be looking to do FET with remaining embryos so this feels pretty relevant to me.

Jenny and Maiziee how are you both doing?

Jenny and ZC do you think we will get to go back for treatment this year to Spain? I am hopeful but unsure... Its really hard to consider the possibility it won't happen, so I am trying not to think about fertility stuff really at all at the moment and just existing day to day.

I hope everyone is well and safe so far. And family and friends too. I know a handful of people who have had the virus and a couple of them were in hospital and very unwell, but fortunately they have recovered.

All the best to everyone. And Firefly do update us when you can. I have been thinking of you.

Xxx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #797 on: 18/04/20, 10:37 »
    Hi Poppy, nice to hear from you. I went for a scan on Thursday and happily there was a little bean and strong heartbeat. I was so nervous going in and we went to our local hospital rather than Nairobi which is on lockdown. They donít have the internal scanner but thankfully we saw all we needed from a tummy scan. It measured 7 weeks 5 days which is about right and everything was looking normal. After so many negative scan experiences it was very emotional for it to be good this time.

I am going to try and just wait until the 12 week scan now but if I have any concerns I can always pop back in. I am feeling pretty sick this time which I havenít felt before so as unpleasant as it is I am very thankful for it and find it reassuring.

I hope this can give you all a glimmer of hope and I truly believe if we had stuck with Chelsea & Westminster we wouldnít be here right now. There is still a long way to go but I take my hat off to VH and the team! And I do believe the hysteroscopy and subsequent surgery they preformed made all the difference.

Now just trying to stay relaxed and get through the next month until the next big milestone x 

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #798 on: 18/04/20, 12:21 »
    Firefly, that's wonderful news. I am so glad to hear things are going well. And of course it's not nice feeling sick with early pregnancy but I am glad you can see it as a positive sign. Can I ask, is this the first time you had PGTA testing on your embryos or did you have that done previously at your clinic in the UK?

I hope things continue to develop well/go smoothly. Do keep us posted, if not before, then once you have had your 12 week scan. I can understand not wanting to go for too many scans and be around other people more than you need to right now.

Xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #799 on: 18/04/20, 13:41 »
    Hi Poppy,

It was the first time we did PGTA and having done it I would always use it with any future treatments. It also acts as a little reassurance now and has helped my anxiety around it all.

Although it puts the price up I truly believe it ends up saving you money in the long run!

12 weeks scan seems a long way away at the moment so we will see if I can hold off until then!

I hope this has given you some hope for your next transfer. I truly understand how it feels to have disappointed after disappointment and being so close but so far....

x