* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49368 times)

0 Members

Offline ZC

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #800 on: 20/04/20, 16:04 »
Poppy let me check again. It was on the egg donation friends website

Also keep an eye on Instagram for updates. URVH are posting

Hereís a relevant one

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_Cv_JVBIwg/?igshid=xkvjogdpjr9w

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #801 on: 20/04/20, 18:04 »
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe in these uncertain times.

Firefly I was so happy to see that things are going good for you and your first scan went so well. I can't imagine how it must have felt going in there with all you've had to deal with in the past and I'm just thrilled it's all looking so good!! You most certainly made the right decision to move to VH. It looks like they've done all the right things to get you to this point. I hope your pregnancy sickness is not too bad but as you've said yourself it's reassuring and I'm so so happy for you!! Hope the wait for the 12 wk scan does not seem so far away and all goes to plan in the interim. Do take good care of yourself and really enjoy this lovely time xxx

Poppy how are things. Hope you are keeping safe and well. In answer to your question re whether or not we will be able to attend Spain this year...I'm just not sure. I received an email from the clinic with some links to videos of different disciplines talking about how the clinic is dealing with Covid 19...you've probably received the same. Apparently they are open for business (although prob just emergency cases) and I guess that is a good sign.
    Before I say anymore I would really hope that you..having frozen embryos.. may be able to transfer as soon as major restrictions start to lift. There is real hope for you Poppy and fingers crossed it may even happen before the year ends. I honestly have everything crossed for you that it does!!
    For us the fact that we were due to start a whole new cycle with a new donor brings extra complications and worries. They didn't mention anything about donor IVF in any of the videos and I'm not sure when they would feel it is safe to choose a new donor or allow a donor to cycle. To be honest I've been trying not to think about it as I just find it really upsetting. To think after all these years of struggle we are now at a complete stand still and so uncertain about the future. Spain has been hit so hard by this pandemic that I'm not sure how they could ever possibly suggest safety around new donors in the foreseeable future. I feel extra heart broken that we have no frosties and I'm not sure where it leaves us!!! I'm sorry to be such a downer but as I sit here writing this and allowing myself to actually think about it I feel increasingly heart broken. I think for the first time ever I've actually really considered the possibility that this may not happen for us and it's soul destroying!!! I've emailed and asked them there predictions for new donor's cycling in the future so will wait to see their reply but I just don't know how it could possibly be positive.
    I know things will be different for you Poppy and I hope it's not too long before you can transfer. Stay safe and hope to chat soon xxx

ZC Maiziee and everyone else hope you are all coping and staying safe.

Chat soon everyone xxx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #802 on: 20/04/20, 19:57 »
    JennyH. Do you have sperm with the clinic? The reason I ask is that if a new donor is unavailable and no hope of recruiting one you might query using existing frozen donor eggs if available.
    They offered to freeze our donors eggs in the past as she was waiting a while for me when I had some complications so I just wondered if this would be something to consider.

If they have a bank of frozen donor eggs available and there is a match for you then you would need to just fly your husband over when restrictions are eased to create embryos.

Now I do not know if they offer this. But no harm asking the question sooner rather than later.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #803 on: 24/04/20, 10:12 »
    Hi everyone,

I think it's hard to predict - probably even for the clinic - when they will be open again to everyone. I read a Spanish news article a few days ago that said there is a proposed plan for a staged move out of lockdown which may not see hotels and the tourist trade opening up again until the beginning of next year, as tourism is perceived as the biggest risk to the virus numbers rising again. I also know Australia, where I am originally from, is talking about possibly closing its borders for a further 6 months or more. So those kinds of things don't sound good.

And I also wonder even if it is possible to travel, how safe will it realistically be to try and cycle whilst the virus is not properly under control? As the chief medical officer in the UK said he thinks realistically social distancing measures may need to be in place for up to a year (!!!) will it be safe to go ahead even if we can logistically?? Just things I am wondering about and wonder what your thoughts are Jenny and ZC?

As soon as I start thinking about it I become quite anxious and stressed though so I am trying not to think about it too often, especially as all of this is so out of our hands... however of course it's in the back of my mind all the time to some extent and it's very triggering because before this I had really told myself 2020 was going to be my last year of fertility treatment one way or another...

I am so glad for you Firefly that you managed to have your transfer and get home to relative safety before this had fully become a pandemic. And that you are pregnant and things seem to be going well.

Love to all.

Xxx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #804 on: 24/04/20, 18:24 »
    Thoughts. Firstly I feel so so anxious all the time so I can only imagine how you feel poppy. I was bad first time around but this time desperation has set in. 

VH is open. Thatís good. It means that they wonít have a backlog or waiting list with locals maybe a little with international.

Essential travel will be allowed. It has to be. Tourism probably not for a while. Those resort areas will stay closed. Benidorm etc. We are essential medical. VH will give us letters.

Air travel will be spaced. No doubt about it. Seats between people etc. Book refundable full fare changeable tickets. 
    But you can now book from mid May on most airline websites. So I presume they are hopeful too and getting some advice.

Over and back same day. No hotel. It can be done. Iíve done it using whatever airline gets me there in the morning and me out of there in the night. Worst case one night Melia hotel.

Take precautions. Mask gloves sanitiser whatever is needed.

I say late July at the best if not September/October.

Hugs x

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #805 on: 25/04/20, 23:48 »
    Some hope. From the clinics Instagram. They restart 27 April. I donít know how to add the image here.

Good news. Now to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #806 on: 27/04/20, 19:47 »
    Thanks for the update ZC and your previous message with your thoughts on things.

My concern is that even if there is a partial opening up of things, if the virus is still very prevalent I feel it will be risky to go ahead with treatment and potentially get pregnant. Especially because it involves taking immune suppressing drugs like steroids and having intralipids, if doing donor egg. As some pregnant ladies with no other health issues have died from coronavirus it does worry me. But I guess we need to see how far under control they can get things in coming months, both in Spain and here.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #807 on: 27/04/20, 19:48 »
    Hi All
    Been in touch with clinic and they have asked that I contact them when I get my June cycle.

I donít think hotels will be open by then but still nice to have some date

Hope youíre all well

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #808 on: 27/04/20, 22:21 »
    Poppy sorry I missed your reply. Yes I agree. Youíre right!
    Getting ahead of myself

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #809 on: 7/05/20, 18:46 »
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping positive. It's not easy.

Firefly- I see you haven't logged on in a while. I hope this is because your busy being pregnant  :)..and all is good. It must be super hard to enjoy this time with all the restrictions but I hope your managing xxx

ZC- thanks so much for your advise a while back re frozen eggs. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. To be honest our second donor egg cycle involved frozen eggs from our donor. It's a long and complicated story ZC but basically we had one frozen embryo from a fresh cycle left over having had T/F'd 2 embies which resulted in early miscarriage. The clinic informed us that our donor had also supplied the clinic with a frozen egg cycle prior, and we could have these at the frozen egg reduced cost. At the time we thought that was fantastic and eventhough we knew frozen egg cycles don't always result in as many embryos we just couldn't say no...afterall...it could have meant a little genetic brother or sister for the embryo we already had...too emotionally hard to decline. Long story short we had 8 frozen eggs which resulted in only one embryo!!! It was really disappointing tbh. We transferred it with our frozen embryo from the first cycle and it just ended in a BFN.
    I totally get where your coming from though and really appreciate the thought. In theory frozen eggs should be the answer for us especially from a donor who cycled prior to the pandemic. I'm sure it's worked for others but I'm not sure it's a choice we'd make again.
    I can't fully remember your story ZC (apologies..my bad)  ^idiot^..but I do know your waiting like the rest of us to transfer again. I really hope I've not put you off if you were planning to go with frozen eggs!! Like I say...I'm sure others have had great results!!!
    Anywho thanks so much for the suggestion. I'm open to hearing everything and anything. Hope things are going ok for you ZC and your staying positive for your next trip. Thanks for keeping us all updated with your last few messages xxx

Poppy- How are you. Aw Poppy it's really hard to know how things will pan out with the clinic, flights etc.. I feel so sorry for you ZC, myself and any of us with fertility issues at this time. Everything is so up in the air..I just don't know what to say. I guess my feelings are mixed. If I can get some guarantee of safety around donors cycling I think I might chance it...take all precautions on flights...and totally hibernate when I get back home!!! My worry is really stemming from a donor cycling..her safety and the safety of the eggs. I feel as though if I could get to transfer I would be happy in the knowledge that I can protect myself. I'm actually like you Poppy. This was really to be our last year trying. I guess if I could get to transfer I would even consider taking a year off work. We cannot wait for next year...well...maybe if it were early next year but we can't keep going to infinity and beyond (as Buzz Lightyear would say)  ;) It's kind of now or never for us.
    I think though the difficulty does not lye in the present..but the future. I worry that when restrictions are lifted, even in phased stages, there may be a resurgence in different countries and this issue will continue. For us..we're starting to realise we may just have to chance it...that's if we can given we have no frosties.
    Poppy I hope your keeping well and not loosing faith. I'll be honest I've shed so many tears in relation to this that I feel I've come out the other side. I'm kind of starting to consider that if we are to have a family then this will still happen for us and I'm keeping positive. If not then maybe it's just not meant to be and we will still live a happy fulfilled life.
    God I sound so philosophical ..its so not me but I'm done worrying. I hope you are too Poppy xxx

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is managing to cope xxx

Talk soon xxxx