* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49347 times)

0 Members

Online ZC

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #810 on: 7/05/20, 20:55 »
Jenny thatís so interesting that they had frozen eggs. Youíve prompted me to ask that about my donor now too. Although I think they would have told me that when we asked her to donate again for the second fresh cycle.

So we cycled had 3 embryos 2 in and our daughter 1 fet failed
Cycled again same donor 8 eggs 2 embryos first one just failed in feb and one left. The one I am trying to get back to so desperately

Apologies I should have read back to get the full story Jenny before suggesting.

I feel the very same. I know everyone is finding this tough. We will never forget this. Out of all Iíve been through with cycles and treatments this long term waiting and stress is right up there.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #811 on: 7/05/20, 23:07 »
    ZC absolutely no need to apologise. I couldn't remember your full story either..it's hard to keep track. Now that you've updated me (thanks for that by the way) I've really got everything crossed for you with your little embie that's waiting. Massive congrats on your daughter. It's lovely to hear the positive stories. I'll be praying hard for you when the time comes for your transfer!! Yeah it's totally worth asking but as you say yourself they probably would have told you on the second cycle. Worth a try though.

Yeah it's such a difficult time and so important to keep the hope going.

I better log off. I've done so much research tonight that my brain is fried and I'm none the wiser  :-\

Talk soon xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #812 on: 10/05/20, 07:12 »
    Hi Jenny,

All going well so far. We went for another scan last week just for peace of mind before I started weaning of the drugs and everything looked normal and could see the baby moving a bit which was amazing.

Now trying to wait patiently until the end of the month for the 12 week scan which I have now learnt is at the end of 12 weeks so just a bit longer than I was expecting. The waiting is torture but feel so fortunate to have got this far  and there is some reassurance having had the PGT-A testing.

I have kept this last round completely secret from my family so looking forward to hopefully being able to give them all a lovely surprise soon!

Thinking of you all so much and I have been keeping up with the news. Praying flights will be back on soon and you can get back to treatment ASAP.

Xx

Offline butterfly74

modify
    « Reply #813 on: 11/05/20, 13:54 »
    Hi girls
    Hope you remember me, the Italian girl with now a 5 months baby.
    I havenít logged for a while. As for everyone this 2 months lockdown Was hard to cope, especially here in Italy where we had so many positive Covid cases and dead. Since the 4th we are more free to go out and to see the grandparents (but only the two living in our same region) but always with those bloody masks 😷

Yesterday I celebrated my first Motherís Day and Since I did not believe I could ever do it because of my previous miscarriages, it was such a great day!

By the way, Congratulations to Firfly!

I was called by the clinic because I have 2 frozen embryos and they want to know if we intend to keep them frozen for one year more or destroy/give them away.
    We are thinking about the fact of giving my baby a sibling and -I must admit - apart from the fear for a possible economic recession, The sole cons are the psychological ones for a FET that might not end well.
     Does any of you have some suggestions or know cases of people who succeeded twice?
    They to,d me about a 50% chance....

A big hug to You all, hoping this fu🤬ing Covid will finally leave....

Offline Jen2907

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #814 on: 14/05/20, 20:20 »
    Hi ladies! Hope you dont mind me joining you all... iv been reading this thread for months! You all silently helped us select Vistahermosa clinic!  🙂 Nice to hear some positive out comes from The clinic! Weíve had 3 rounds of IVF for unexplained fertility, i have PCOs but other than that nothing ever been found as to why its not worked. We have been TTC for about 6 years. Gave up last year as it had all got abit much but then decided to go with Vistahermosa for one last shot with a double donor round. Embryo transfer was scheduled for 25th March but then covid struck and cancelled our plans so currently have 4 frozen embryos waiting for us in Spain! I have ceoliac disease so always in the back of my mind thought maybe immune issues could play apart as its an autoimmune disease but our NK levels came back normal. I noticed a couple of people mentioned they had intralipid infusions during cycles. I wondered if this was through Vistahermosa or recommended elsewhere? Firefly- did you have raised NK levels? Did Vistahermosa recommend the intralipids?

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these crazy times! And that we can all get back to treatment asap!! Xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #815 on: 15/05/20, 03:36 »
    Hi Jen! My NK cells came back as normal but Vistahermosa suggested Intralipids anyway. From my understanding it can do no harm so why not try it. I has one straight after egg collection and one the week of my positive test result. I am also still taking Urbason 4mg daily which is an anti inflammatory and clexane for the first time which I am slowly weaning off now. Hope Vistahermosa can find the key to your case x

Offline Jen2907

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #816 on: 17/05/20, 14:38 »
    Oooh thatís interesting, thanks for replying. Did they arrange the one after your pregnancy test with a clinic in your home country? How much was the infusion, if you dont mind me asking? Xx

Online Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #817 on: 18/05/20, 19:13 »
    Hi all

Butterfly so nice to hear from you. Good to hear you are safe and well in Italy. And your son is 5 months now! What a crazy time in the world to become a mum but I am glad you are ok and I guess being forced to stay at home means you get lots of time with your little boy.

I don't have any personal stories to tell about ladies I know who have gone back for a second try with leftover embryos and it's worked, though from what I read it's quite common. I think it's more for you to consider how much you want another child and how willing you are to put yourself through all of it again, knowing it may or may not work. If you really want to go ahead then when its safe to do so, you should go for it! But if you feel too unsure then maybe it's not right for you. Give yourself time to think about it and the right answer will come I am sure.

Firefly, good to hear all is still going well for you. Looking forward to hearing when you have that 12 week scan and can relax that little bit more. But you must be feeling a bit excited now. I am pleased for you and your experience helps reinforce for me that its worthwhile getting the PGTA testing done on the embryos too.

Hi to Jen too and welcome. You were asking about intralipids. I had them in my last cycle as recommended by the clinic even though my NK cells were in normal range. However I miscarried my first donor egg cycle and I think I have some autoimmune issues as have asthma and developed adult eczema since starting IVF, and the clinic thought it was a good idea to add Intralipids in. I got pregnant this second cycle but unfortunately miscarried again as you may have read if you have been following the thread.

As to the intralipids though, I found a clinic that does it in London and had one infusion a couple of weeks before the transfer, then I had 2 more after I came back, before discovering that I had had a missed miscarriage. I felt like they helped a bit as my skin rash usually flares up during treatment and/or if I get pregnant and the HCG kicks in, and it didn't flare as much. Though I was also on 10mg of prednisone this last time vs only 5mg the previous time. I think I would probably have intralipids again though, dependent on what the clinic thinks. As long as it's done properly it's pretty safe for most people.

My only concern really about intralipids and steroids and any immune suppressing drugs now though is due to coronavirus. I am looking to go back to the clinic for my remaining embryos but obviously cannot do so yet, and I am very nervous about going when things do open up and there are flights etc again, unless the virus is really under control with very minimal cases in both the UK and Spain. I know some people are keen to go as soon as it's possible to do so, and they just plan to wear a mask and gloves etc and maybe even fly in and out the same day. But I am worried about the risk of catching coronavirus when in confined spaces like when flying etc. And I know the risk of complications/it being more serious if you get the virus increases if taking immune suppressing drugs like steroids and intralipids...

But for now that's not an issue to worry about as we are still in lockdown essentially in the UK, so I will think more about it as things start to open up more in Spain and here. Where are you based and how do you feel about it all? I have had 3 losses and these are my last embryos so I couldn't bear to place additional levels of risk in my way. Though obviously if there is no end in sight to the coronavirus epidemic I may need to rethink as i also cannot put plans on hold indefinitely.

Anyway I hope everyone is safe and as well and happy as they can be with all that is going on.

Xx

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #818 on: 20/05/20, 07:43 »
    Hi Jen, just a quick one to say I arranged the intralipid infusion after my test with my own doctor in Kenya (where I live). Here it cost Ksh12,000 which is around US$120. Hope that helps :-)

Offline Jen2907

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #819 on: 25/05/20, 09:07 »
    Thanks for welcoming me poppy and giving me so much information. Much appreciated. And thanks to firefly also for your response, the intralipids were alot cheaper than i expected!
    We are in Preston in the UK, about 40 minutes away from Manchester. Are you based in London? I have no idea where i would be able to have the intralipids, do they give you a prescription and you just go somewhere that will administer them? I have asked Vera about them today anyway. I have started back on the pill this weekend with this cycle so i feel like im a step closer, i have also been reading about the travel etc sounds like Spain may open to tourists from July. The coronavirus would be a worrie i agree when flying, but i think they wouldnít allow this if they felt like there was a big risk. And they would thoroughly clean the aircraft and people may be temperature checked before boarding. So hopefully we would be ok. Yes i did read about your losses, i am so sorry, and i wish you all the luck in the world for your next round. Have you been having one or two embryos put back?

Take care all xx