* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 53875 times)

0 Members

Offline Firefly86

  • Un-Ranked
  • *
modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #820 on: 27/05/20, 03:33 »
Hi everyone, just a quick one to say we had our 12 week scan yesterday and everything is looking good. The baby was moving around lots wondering what was going on and measures 13 + 5 which is around what I was expecting. Very surreal to have got this far and trying to just relax now (easier said than done!). We told friends and family yesterday which made it all feel a bit more real. Hard still not to get the niggling thought that we are jinxing it all but I guess what is just what happens when you have been through a long journey to get to this place. Praying now for a happy and healthy 6 months! I hope this gives you all some hope and I really do feel if we hadnít move to Vistahermosa things might not have worked out like this. Looking forward to hearing the news of you all getting back to treatment and wishing you all so much luck xx

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline Poppy41London

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #821 on: 27/05/20, 17:38 »
    Firefly what wonderful news! Congratulations. So lovely to hear this. Thank you for coming on and updating us. It must be nice to have told your family and close friends as a result of having had the scan too. I imagine it feels  little surreal and hard to believe you are at this point but everything sounds like it's going really well!!
    Xx

    Offline Poppy41London

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #822 on: 27/05/20, 17:55 »
    Jen, just to reply to you.

    Yes I am London based. I found the clinic to do the intralipids myself by searching online, Vistahermosa didn't organise it. They said they had a company they were linked to at one point who went to peoples homes to do the intralipids, but that service wasn't available anymore. So they told me I could get it done at Vistahermosa (though that would mean having to be there for a considerable number of weeks), or look for a clinic myself locally. I don't think they see it as a necessity for most people, more an additional nice to have/something worth trying if you have had losses - unless you have raised NK cells etc.

    The clinic I went to charged £200 the first time I think (as they wanted me to see a consultant there prior to having it done), and £150 per intralipid infusion after that. The clinic wrote an email saying that I was undergoing treatment and they had recommended it, and I passed that email to the clinic as proof. It wasnt a prescription though.

    I imagine there is probably at least one clinic up near where you live who can offer this, so maybe just do a bit of online research. However, in coming months I do wonder if the clinic will be suggesting things like intralipids to people (unless they really require it), given they dampen down the immune system and that can put you more at risk of severe impacts of coronavirus. I will certainly be interested to see what they say about it.

    As things stand I don't think I will look to try and proceed with treatment until September at the earliest, if that is possible, as I want to wait until things really settle down and hopefully the level of infection is very low by then. So I haven't contacted the clinic as yet.

    I have been putting back 2 embryos each time on the advice of the clinic. This time around we plan to do embryo testing ahead of any transfer and only transferring PGTA tested embryos that are fine. So it depends what happens there but fingers crossed we have at least one normal embryo left out of the 4 frozen ones we have remaining.

    If we discover that is not the case, we have discussed looking at using double donation embryos that have been PGTA tested as we feel we have gone as far as we can with donor eggs and my husbands sperm. But we are really hoping and praying that we will have at least one or more normal embryos left from our existing embryos.

    X

    Offline jennyH1

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #823 on: 3/06/20, 16:57 »
    Hi everyone,

    Hope everyone is keeping well and holding out hope during these difficult times.

    Firefly- OMG massive congrats to you on your 12 wk scan. I'm absolutely thrilled for you!! At last you can start to feel a little more chilled and take a deep breath as things are going so well. Delighted you've been able to tell family and friends. That is a massive milestone after all you've been through!! Hope your managing to enjoy your pregnancy and things are settling from the pandemic over there xx

    Jen - Sorry for the delay in welcoming you to this group. It's a great place for advise and support. Sorry to hear you've had such a difficult journey. It is so so hard. Six years is a long time but hopefully all your efforts will come to fruition in Vistahermosa!! I'll have everything crossed for you!! It's such a bummer that your TF was delayed due to this pandemic but fingers crossed things are starting to settle. In relation to intralipids I've had them with every single IVF cycle (even with my own eggs back years ago now) I do have raised NK cells but unfortunately I'm not sure if I would have it now in the current climate due to immuno suppression. My old clinic here where I had IVF with own eggs has stopped all steroids and intralipids. I wouldn't worry too much though esp if you don't have real reason to have them. I know lots of women who had success without intralipids. Best of luck with everything Jen. I'll be watching out for your future posts and hoping your TF happens soon xx

    Butterfly- Great to hear from you. Hope your really enjoying time with your 5 mth old. I know you were asking about your two remaining embies and I think ultimately it's a really personal decision. I guess I wouldn't allow doubt or the possibility that it may not work to interfere with my decision if I were you. I would really just focus on whether or not you want to try for another baby and let that guide your decision. I don't know anyone personally but I'm sure there are countless couples who have had success..even just from reading forums. I wish you lots of luck in whatever you decide xx

    Poppy - How are things? Are you holding up okay? This waiting game is totally doing my head in. I've been in contact with UR and the clinic is re-open but obviously flights etc are the issue now. In terms of us finding a new donor in order to begin our 3rd cycle they have reassured us that donors are still cycling and have said all donors would be swabbed for Covid 24hrs before egg collection. I guess this has eased our concerns somewhat but we are still very worried about travelling esp in Spain where they have been so badly hit. I've actually started to research clinics here where we wouldn't have to travel but the back logs have added hugely to waiting lists. I still want to go with Spain but my husband feels it's very risky. It's funny I was back in contact with the clinic where we cycled with own eggs and our old consultant thought it was really shocking that we had transferred so many embryos but had not yet had success (apart from one early miscarriage) I explained to her that UR were going to do a repeat hysteroscopy before our next cycle but she felt that wouldn't warrant enough investigation. She really felt that there has to be some reason this has not worked for us. She has offered to take over our IVF but waiting lists and back logs mean TF would not happen until Jan/Feb next year. That wait for me is just crazy but my husband wants me to really consider it due to high risks in Spain. Goooood my head is super melted!!
    Also we've been told steroids and intralipids are nolonger being prescribed. That's in our old clinic here...not sure about UR but looking at posts from other clinics it's the same and don't think ESHRE recommend using currently.
    I saw that you are considering waiting until September. Are you still feeling that way?? It's so hard to know isn't it. Anyway Poppy hope your holding up xx

    Hi to anyone else reading this. Hope your all keeping the hope alive.

    Chat soon everyone xxx

    Offline ZC

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #824 on: 3/06/20, 18:22 »
    A really quick reply havenít read up yet. Just some info. 

    Iíve checked with department of travel and HSE which is our health body.

    I can travel in July with a letter from clinic but have to isolate for 14 days in return and provide info.

    Clinic have prescribed preds as part of protocol.

    Clinic are suggesting July.

    Also checked hotels. They do not open until 15 July at least. So do check that if anyone thinking of travelling.
    The hotel Melia are putting in place some serious new protocols so read their website. I probably wouldnít stay anywhere else.

    Flights are available from Dublin 1st July. And no longer flights over and back in same day which is disappointing.

    Covid swabbing is mandatory at UR now.


    Offline jennyH1

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #825 on: 3/06/20, 19:43 »
    ZC I'd just posted when I saw your post. That's brill news... gives us all a bit of hope!!

    How are things? Hope your keeping the faith!! It's so hard. Looks like hopefully you may get to transfer your little embie soon. Did you ask the clinic if your donor had done a frozen egg cycle there after?

    Yeah the clinic told me about there Covid testing policy too. It's good to know they're on top of things!!
    Pity about the 2 wk isolation on return. We were due to travel twice. Once for hysto and hubby's sperm. Second for actual transfer...all going well. This 2 wk self isolation means having to take a serious amount of time off work for both journeys. It's all slightly messy and as I said in my earlier post..we're looking into clinics here but I would love to stay with Vista.
    Gaaaawwwd....it's such a headache!!!

    Did you say UR are still prescribing prednisolone?? They're not doing it here due to immuno suppression.

    Hope your doing well ZC xx

    Offline ZC

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #826 on: 3/06/20, 20:08 »
    Yes prednisilone due to my history and possible immune issues :(
    Iím going to talk to my own doctor tomorrow I may choose not to take depending on my bloods and how thyroid is doing on eltroxin

    Clinic checked and no frozen eggs. She has only donated twice for us. So thatís out. Leaving us with this tiny chance.

    HSE person did day she felt the 14 day isolation may be over by then and the fact I would have a test result on the day of return that this may be helpful.

    A little more hope for sure. Just still quite a lot of worry. Iíve been strict on myself with the restrictions. 

    Offline Poppy41London

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #827 on: 8/06/20, 22:23 »
    Hi all

    I hope everyone is well. I don't have much new to report since my last message. I am still planning to wait until September before looking at proceeding with an FET. I have barely left the house during lockdown and not travelled on public transport or anything, so I am not willing to risk flights etc until I feel like things are really under control and the risk of catching the virus is fairly low.

    ZC at least Ireland has far less cases of coronavirus and relatively few deaths compared with the UK. So its probably a bit less of a concern than over here and safer to travel as a result. Are you still thinking you will try and go to Alicante in July? I know you are very keen to resume treatment.

    What about everyone else? How are you all doing and what are your plans?

    X

    Offline ZC

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #828 on: 8/06/20, 22:50 »
    Yes I am but cycle isnít playing ball at all. We have a low R rate, we started phase 2 today with shops reopening etc. all a little ahead of schedule. Flights to resume 1 July. 14 day isolation required on return but as I will be tested on day of departure that may be relevant.
    If I think about getting onto a plane I do feel quite panicked though. So not sure how I will manage that.
    Iíve a feeling it may also be September for me too.

    Offline jennyH1

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
    « Reply #829 on: 21/06/20, 18:37 »
    Hi everyone, hope your all keeping well!!

    Firefly - Hope all's going well and your enjoying your pregnancy and things are starting to settle re Covid over there xx

    Jen - Hope all is going well for you and you've had some updates on your next transfer and have decided re intralipids xx

    Butterfly - Hope your enjoying your time with your now..6 mth old? You were last unsure about going again so hope you've made some decision their that your happy with xx

    Poppy - How are you? Hope all's going well and your getting excited for September. Looks like it may take me even longer now. Will update you below. Don't know if you got a chance to read my last update to you but things have gotten even more confusing since. Hope things are starting to settle for you with the pandemic. It's not been easy xx

    ZC- How's things? Are you still considering waiting until September? Any word on being on steroids and intralipids during pandemic etc? Hope all's good xx

    For me we've had a major setback!! :'( Sadly I started to feel my heart racing completely out of the blue. Had bloods done and my thyroid has shot up again. My TSH is currently 0.005 I was talking to my endocrinologist and she feels seeing as I had this once before a couple of years ago she can now confirm that it's Grave disease and she feels it has huge implications for IVF as it is an autoimmune disease. Firstly I'm on meds...neomercazole and a beta blocker to slow my heart rate. She feels it will take a good three months from now before this settles and I may still require low dose neomercazole even then which is awful. She's pointed out that with even a low dose there is a chance of miscarriage. She's great and said she would do everything she can to prevent this and if we were to have a successful cycle she would change meds to PTU in the first trimester which carries less risk of miscarriage but can cause liver probs. Worst of all she really does not want me going to Spain again. Simply because she feels it would be more beneficial to stay home and have a clinic and IVF specialist that she can liaise with easily ...where she could just call if needed without having to worry about time zones or language barriers.

    To be honest I cried my heart out initially. We all know what it's been like having treatments delayed because of Covid and now this!!! I just wasn't expecting it!! It's beyond heart breaking!! Plus now we have to decide what to do. Change clinics or remain with Visthermosa and hope communication can happen between Vista and my endo. When I emailed Vistahermosa and told them about my thyroid they kinda just said my own endocrinologist would be the one looking after that...not them kinda thing. It was put in a nicer way than that but you know what I mean. I'm in limbo now!!!

    I have two options-
    1) Change to a clinic here at home. That prospect is completely head wrecking. I've had some time since I got the news and have looked into a few options but it's sole destroying being back to this...trying to decide on a clinic AGAIN!! My head is already melted!!Some of the clinics I've looked into seem to have dealt with people with an autoimmune disease before though so I can't rule this out as an option sadly!!

    2) Use a satellite clinic here that has a good consultant who's prepared to communicate with my endocrinologist whilst at the same time still going to Vistahermosa for IVF. One prob is Vista would have to be prepared to go with whatever diagnostic test results my consultant here would suggest. To just give one example....my endo believes that having an ERA with Emma and Alice test before transfer would be important as she feels Graves disease could interfere with lots of things and I would be better to cross all T's and dot all I's before transfer. Dr lopez on the other hand does not believe there is enough research to suggest even the ERA test works so I'm not sure how he would feel if he were asked to follow guidelines given by the result. That's just one example but God knows what other diagnostics an independent specialist would suggest.

    Lordy just typing this makes me feel so sad again  :-[ I just wish I knew what was the best thing to do. I love Vistahermosa and don't want to have to leave them but I'm just not sure how good they are with autoimmune disease's.

    Any advice guys???

    Thanks a mil xx