* Author Topic: Vistahermosa cycle chat 9  (Read 49344 times)

0 Members

Offline Poppy41London

modify
Vistahermosa cycle chat 9
« Reply #830 on: 23/06/20, 10:23 »
JennyH1, so sorry to hear your latest news on Graves Disease. It's like how much more can life throw at us when all we want is to get pregnant and have a healthy baby?!

I guess the main thing is stabilising your health and feeling better before doing anything else. That may take time which is frustrating I know, but it is the most important thing.

Beyond that, I suppose it depends what kind of monitoring and intervention you need due to Graves - as to whether you need to stick with a local clinic or not for the IVF.  If its more in the lead up to and then directly after a transfer, I would think sticking with VH would be ok. As you only need to be out there for the embryo transfer and then can have any extra tests and monitoring as soon as you get back, as well as before you go. There is also not much likely to change in say 2 days prior to the embryo transfer as you will have already been on the meds for a while and can be monitored whilst on them right up until just before you were to fly out.

I don't think you would have a problem with VH in terms of following any kind of medical protocol you wanted to alongside what they offer. They may not agree certain things have relevance or are scientifically proven, but as long as it doesn't interfere negatively with the medication they are giving you or the transfer itself, I think its up to you what else you do and they wouldn't be too bothered. Also, I think that actually there isn't that much that would need to be communicated between them and your endocrinologist that you couldn't pass on. But I understand her wanting to feel it will be easy if she does need to communicate with them.

I didn't realise you are Ireland based. Is it the same as here in the UK where if you went with a local clinic it wouldn't be anonymous - ie the child can potentially track down the donor later if they want? That might not be an issue that bothers you but I guess it throws something else into the mix to think about.

Anyway, I know you want to get a plan in place and you are maybe feeling a bit frantic now, but honestly (I know this is hard) but I would just try to relax as you have time. It's not ideal to be trying to cycle now anyway due to Covid19 and the risks that poses - especially if you were to travel - so you have time to figure it out.

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #831 on: 25/06/20, 16:50 »
    Hey Poppy thanks so much for that.

Yeah I guess I feel a little more over the shock of it now and a bit more relaxed. It was really the thought of having to change clinics or what this new diagnoses meant that freaked me out. It's also such a bummer after this long wait we've all had to endure and still are with Covid and now this added complication. It just sucks.

The good news is we're kind of more clear on our plans. We're gonna stick with VH which is good. There's a clinic over here that actually deal with VH so you would only have to go to Spain for your transfer. They freeze and ship sperm and do all the pre diagnostics etc. The only concern I have about this clinic is that it's one of the lesser used IVF clinics over here so it's difficult to know how good they are. I was speaking to the egg donation nurse there and she was very professional so that's reassuring but like I said..very few people use them for IVF so it's tricky. We might go for a consult anyway and see what kind of vibe we get from the consultant.

The other option is to go with a satellite clinic. The consultant there has really good reviews and lots of people are saying good things about him. When I emailed VH and asked if they were happy to work with either,they only replied in relation to the clinic their linked with. Not sure why but I emailed again just asking if they'd be happy to link in with the satellite clinic and their consultant so hopefully will hear back that they will. It's a wait and see but at least its some progress.

I think there may be secondary complications to having an autoimmune disease Poppy that may need further testing. I was like you initially and thought there shouldn't be too much to have to communicate between my endo and the clinic but have heard I may need a biopsy to rule out inflammation and testing protective antibodies. It's kind of complicated but there are links even between thyroid probs and endometriosis and I don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Yeah the legislation on anonymous donors changed here just this may. Now all donors must be non-anonymous but there are lots of clinics here that still have links in european clinics for anonymous donation. There are no Irish donors at all.

Thanks again for your reply. I hope your managing to keep the hope going. September will fly around xx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #832 on: 9/07/20, 22:02 »
    Hi All
    How are we all doing?

Anyone due to travel over soon?

Also has anyone been over and has the covid test? When do they do it and how long does it take to come back?

Hope youíre all doing ok. I still find this a strange time. I feel the protocol is getting to me now. Steroids and shots and esteogen taking its toll. Scan today and lining  is good so thatís something. But I feel so off. Worried  about going too.

Offline Firefly86

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #833 on: 10/07/20, 07:51 »
    Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing ok and getting plans in place for getting back to treatment. I am still following everything that is going on a hoping for some good news for you all. I am now 20 weeks which is hard to believe at times! I have been a bit over the top with scans having one at 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 13 weeks, 16 weeks, 18.5 weeks and going back for another one at the end of the month. I am beginning to relax a bit now I can feel some movement but it is amazing how much what we all go through effects how one is in pregnancy. We also had a harmony test which came back fine so I am trying to accept now that hopefully this pregnancy will be ok. We have also found out we are expecting a girl which is secretly what I was hoping for. Anyway I hope this can give you some hope and belief that it can happen after multiple failures and losses and I will keep you in the loop as we get closer to the time xx

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #834 on: 11/07/20, 13:02 »
    Hey guys,hope everyone is coping and managing to stay sane in this long wait!!

ZC Hope your doing a bit better. At least the lining is good so stay positive. I know all the prep sucks and makes you feel awful. How much prednisolone are you taking? When you say shots do you mean clexane? Sounds like your on your way to transfer. Try not to worry..I know easier said than done but we've all heard soooo many times how important it is to try and stay as relaxed as possible. If your due to fly soon just mask up and take all the precautions and you'll be grand!!! To be honest I'm not sure their will ever be a time where any of us can travel to VH without this added worry from Covid. At least not until their is a vaccine.  As you know we're not ready to travel yet due to thyroid but I did ask about Covid testing and in their email they said they would test me 24hrs before transfer. We're starting from scratch again so need a new donor and they said they would test the donor around 24hrs before egg collection. I assume this means they must be connected to a lab that can process swabs within 24hrs so they have your result before transfer. Like I said try not to worry. You'll be going soon so just say to yourself all will be fine. Let us know how your doing xx

Firefly that is SUCH great news!!! I'm delighted for you!! Wow 20 wks that time has flown by. Aw and congrats on the news it's a girl ^pompom^ that's brill. Yeah it defo gives us all some hope for the future. Great your finally able to enjoy the pregnancy even just a little more. Keep us posted xx

As for me we went to that clinic here that's linked with VH. The consultant was really straight and slightly abrupt but to be honest I prefer that to someone who's all sympathy and full of sh*te  ;) He was pretty sure their are no unforeseen probs that we missed but did recommend an ERA test as he noted the number of days I was on progesterone changed for both cycles and he thought it wouldn't do any harm to make sure we're transferring on the correct day with the correct levels of progesterone. We're going to do it as we've to wait for my thyroid to settle anyway. I've now gone from being overactive with TSH at 0.005 to underactive with TSH now at 7.25. It sucks!! My head is fried from it. I just have to check that we can still do the ERA when my TSH is high as I know it effects your period and when we saw the consultant it was still 0.005. Anyone know if you can have an ERA with raised TSH levels?

Also they don't ship sperm which was a major let down but they did recommend a company called Cryozoom that ship sperm and they would freeze it. I emailed them last week but haven't heard back. I've definitely got reservations about shipping sperm but to be honest I'm over all the worry at this point. It's endless!!! Anyone know of anyone who has shipped sperm??

Anyways guys...hope your all doing ok. It's so hard for all of us no matter what stage due to this pain in the ass pandemic!!

Talk soon xx

Offline Jen2907

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #835 on: 21/07/20, 17:39 »
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing ok. ZC- what date is your transfer? It must be soon now, hope all is going well! A few girls i work with have been on a flight and they said other than face masks/coverings it was pretty normal.
    I have my lining scan on the 28th July so hopefully not too long to go now and we will fly over for our transfer too.
    Firefly- lovely to have some positive news! I bet you dont ever fully relax until the baby is in your arms though. Hopefully now your almost half way through and lots of scan to give you reassurance.
    Jenny- did you ever get any more info on the thyroid and ERA test?

I hope i havent missed anyone, it doesnt let you read through previous messages once youíve started to reply!
    Nice to be seeing the other side of covid now, hopefully everyone can get back to treatment plans asap!

Xxx

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #836 on: 27/07/20, 17:16 »
    Hi all,

ZC I saw from another thread that you have already been for your transfer!! Sounded like it all went well? Did you go there and back the same day or stay over? If you stayed over, what was it like? Did it feel safe?

And what was it like at the clinic? Is Itziar back now or is she still off? I loved dealing with her and she always put me so at ease. And how did things work with the whole Covid thing and testing etc when you were there?

Now you are obviously in the TWW so I hope that is going ok. How are you feeling about it? Will have everything crossed for you that it works out. 🤞🤞 Keep us posted.

The UK announced yesterday that people shouldn't travel to Spain again due to increase in coronavirus cases there, and anyone who does will need to quarantine for 14 days. Also people won't be covered by travel insurance as the advice is not to travel unless you absolutely have to. So I think I will be waiting it out a while yet... I am still hoping September or October will be ok though. Will just have to see.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. It's been such a weird time hasn't it.

Anyway if anyone else is cycling or about to cycle, let us know how it's all going.

Hope everyone is well.

Xx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #837 on: 30/07/20, 20:32 »
    Hi Poppy

Sadly itís a BFN for us and that brings us to the end of our very long journey.
    I just about got in and out. We have to isolate here anyway for 14 days regardless of the covid test.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #838 on: 30/07/20, 20:33 »
    Itziar is around. But I didnít see her. They need her I think. Nora is good.
    Clinic is updated to a very high end spec now with air filtration and strict processes in place.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #839 on: 30/07/20, 22:13 »
    Hi ZC

I am so sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I know that was your last embryo so it must be even more disappointing. At least you already have your one child from this process who you love and adore. But right now I imagine that doesnt make this any easier.

Xxx