* Author Topic: Anybody use pgs with frozen donor eggs successfully ?  (Read 715 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs. Munchkin

Hi there

Finding it very slow to find egg donor so clinic has frozen eggs from suitable donor and we want to do pgs to give us a good chance . However not sure about using frozen eggs ? Any experiences please?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MelanieAlma

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Anybody use pgs with frozen donor eggs successfully ?
    « Reply #1 on: 10/01/20, 10:27 »
    Hi
    I can't help you with it because I used pgs with my own eggs, I can only express my opinion. Are you sure you need to do pgs with donor eggs? Moreover with frozen ones... I mean donors are healthy women, plus pgs may anyway harm your embryos. I don't think it makes sense. Of course, it's up to you, I wish you good luck!!
    M xx

Offline Pv7882

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 10/01/20, 13:37 »
    Hi, we have done PGS with our frozen embryos, they all survived and didnt have any issues with it. But cant help on donor eggs/embryos as havent done that.
    So if u re having a doubt of whether the frozen ones will survive PGS testing, then yes they do!!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 10/01/20, 18:50 »
    Just my two cents worth, even using donor eggs doesnít guarantee you healthy eggs, the girls are human after all and will still produce problematic eggs just the same as you would at their ages, so yes doing pgs isnít a waste of money I donít think, on the other hand Iím not a fan of frozen eggs, they generally donít seem to work as well as fresh eggs mainly because itís only one cell your freezing so itís easier for it not to freeze and thaw well, whereas an embryo is made up with a lot more cells so if one or two are damaged during the thawing process it isnít to much of a problem because the other cells are there. There is no guarantee how those eggs will defrost then fertilise, is there no way to go back to fresh eggs at all ?

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 10/01/20, 18:53 »
    And now Iíve just realised this thread is old lol  ::)