Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

FET - July 2018

9K views 140 replies 12 participants last post by  KezV 
#1 ·
So I thought I'd start this up as I couldn't see one already.

I'm starting FET no. 3. I have a DD from a previous fresh cycle. My last 2 FETs both resulted in BFPs but ended with early miscarriage so I am hopeful but very cautious about this cycle.
Today is day 1, I'm doing a natural cycle with progesterone support via crinone and lubion injections. The clinic have added baby aspirin into my protocol this time. My first scan is 6th July.
Let the roller coaster ride begin.....

#2 ·
Hi great expectations.

I'm also back for fet number 3. Fresh transfer abandoned due to ohss, fet number 1 bfp but mc at 8 weeks. Fet number 2- didn't thaw out very well so 2 transferred but bfn. Fingers crossed it's third time lucky for us. Only 2 precious embryos left and I'm already worried they aren't going to work :(
I'm on elleste sollo oestrogen  tablets and I also have my first scan on the 6th which will be day 14. So hopefully if all is well we'd be transferring 5 days after that xx

#3 ·
Hi Cakebaby,
Yes, let's hope it is third time lucky.
We have 2 left as well. Will you transfer 1 or both?
X

#4 ·
Got my fingers crossed for you too.  ^hugme^
We'll only transfer one as long as it thaws out better than 60%, any lower and the clinic will pull out the other to see how it thaws. X

#5 ·
Hello! I’m new on here but could I join? I was waiting for a July FET to open so thank you for starting. This is my first FET, I’m on long protocol. I started down regging 5 days ago and have a baseline scan on 10 July. My first cycle was a fresh in Jan and resulted in an ectopic so it’s been a good long wait to TTC again! Anyone else on a long protocol? It seems like they have gone out of vogue, most other ladies I’ve seen lately are on short. X

#6 ·
Hi everyone,

I thought I was in the June thread but I now know I'll be having my transfer in July, next Tuesday, eeeeek! I had my day 12 scan yestrrday and my ovaries are quiet and my lining is 9mm. I've sarted progestorone today.

This is mit third FET and I'm also hoping that all good things are three! I have a DD which was the result of my third fresh cycle (all good things are three!  ;) )

This is our last attempt, our last frostie, the end of the road so I'm hoping this one will work out!

How's everyone feeling?

Lots of babydust to all of us

^fairydust^

#7 ·
Hi Ducky,
I'm sorry to hear about your eptopic. Hope you have had time to heal and are feeling positive about this cycle.
Is there a reason you are on long protocol? I know some clinics do favour them and it makes timings easier. What kind of time line have you been given?

Hi waitingmssunshine,
Wow, you are already ready for transfer! How exciting. That's a great lining so all looking good for you.

Nothing going on with me until next Friday when I have my first scan. I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed and keep as well as possible.
Hope you all enjoy another lovely weekend xx

#8 ·
Hi Greatexpectations, thanks for you message. I’m feeling recovered and am much more positive about this cycle. No idea why I’m on the long protocol, my clinic aren’t big on explanations. I was originally going to be on natural cycle but they weren’t sure if my cycles would regulate in time. As it turns out they were fine so maybe I’ll try that if this cycle doesn’t work. I have my baseline scan on 10 July and if all good then I start oestrogen patches followed by another scan in 7-10 days. If lining is ok then onto progesterone and transfer 5 days after. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan, hope your scan on Fri goes well! X

#9 ·
Hi all,

Joining this group as my first FET after Fresh cycle bfn but with 5 Frosties in the freezer

I’m also on long protocol. My consultant prefers it and says you can control everything much easier from adding drugs to increase the lining further to picking the right day for ET. My cycles can vary by 1-2 days so he said it could be risky to get the day right on a natural cycle

I start burserelin on Monday... so many needles this time round! I’m trying lubion as well this time so I can go swimming on holiday during the 2ww

Ducky- how are the burserelin injections? Do you do 1 full syringe at 50?.. I’ve been told to do 50ui but all the measurements on the packets are in ml...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Hi Kezv- welcome (although I haven’t been on this thread for long myself!). Interesting to hear your consultants thoughts on the medicated FET. I originally was down to have natural cycle as was told that hypothetically, it might reduce my chance of another ectopic a tiny bit. But I also had the feeling that maybe a more controlled cycle may be better as my cycles were a little unpredictable and Ive previously found it near next to impossible to track LH surge. Ironically, my cycles have been the most regular they’ve ever been in run up to FET, my PMS (which used to be awful) has almost gone and I can detect LH surge without tracking anymore as I get twinges on my ectopic side around the time of ovulation. Weird eh? But at least I got some benefits out of that situation!

Injections are fine, I find takes more time to do than the prefilled injections as it’s hard to draw up with the tiny needles they give and you spend ages tapping out the bubbles. I’m day 7 now and not really getting much in way of side effects yet. Am using 0.5mls daily so I think that works out to 0.5mg/day? I use half a 1ml syringe. Now waiting for AF which should be due shortly but have heard buserelin can delay things by a few days. I’d have like to take lubion too as also plan to go on swimming holiday during 2WW and I found those pessaries so hard to keep in! But as this is a NHs cycle I doubt they’ll let me due to cost. At any rate I think the oestrogen patches will be more of an issue for me, I’ve gone out to buy a swimming costume to hide them under.  Good luck with starting injections! X

#11 ·
Evening ladies,

How's everone holding up?

I'll have ET tomorrow, eeek! I'm very calm but also terrified, that's it, no more chances after this.

Lots of love
^fairydust^

#12 ·
Good luck waitingmssunshine, hope it all goes well. Glad you are feeling calm. What do you have planned for after transfer?

Hi Kezv, hope the injections started well.
Will you just have lubion? I've had lubion my last few cycles but also crinone gel which I hate. The injections can be a bit painful though.

How are you doing duchy? Thanks for your reply on my other question.

Who else is scanning this week? I have mine Friday.

X

#13 ·
Thank you greatexpectations! I've booked 5 days off work so I'm just spending time with my family and trying to relax. OTD should be 14/7 but clinic will confirm it later today.

xx

#14 ·
WaitingMssunshine- hope ET went well and that 2WW not too stressful for you.

Greatexpectations- Hope all ok your side and good luck for scan on Fri. Did you decide on 1 or 2 in the end? Any ideas yet on when you might have ET?

I’ve finally started bleed on down reg and now comes the wait for first scan on Tues. hope it’s ok to move to next stage next week!

#15 ·
Waitingmssunshine, hope ET went well yesterday and you are feeling OK. Did you get OTD? I think it will be before I even have ET. If my dates are right I'll have ET around 17th.

Ducky glad things are moving. I've decided on 1. I think DH would rather we do 2 but I think I would find 2 more stressful.

How is everyone else doing? Xx

#16 ·
Hiya,

Ducky, fingers crossed everything will luck good on your first scan!

Greatexpectations, all went perfectly and smoothly. OTD will be 14/7 as expected. I've got a bit of a sore throat since yesterday and felt very sick all this morning. I think it's my nerves playing up but I'm still trying to keep calm. My DD is going to her grandma's in a minute, which gives me some time to just chill and read. My DH is also very supportive and has been looking after our little one and done the cooking so I can relax.

How're you doing?

xx

#17 ·
Waitingmssunshine congratulations on being PUPO!  ^pompom^ ^pompom^
Have a lovely time with your family. Hope you are feeling better, and you had a good rest.

I'm very emotional today and not quite sure why. Perhaps stupidly we are also getting some work done on the house that will last the next few months. I figured doing both at the same time will mean I can't stress too much about either. I'm trying to see it as both being very exciting things for our future, hope it continues! And if we don't do FET now will have to wait until September which I don't want to do.
Scan tomorrow, haven't had much time to think about it which is good. Been drinking pom juice and eating Brazil nuts (what I've done in previous cycles) so hopefully lining looks OK and get the go ahead for ET in a couple of weeks.

#18 ·
Hope everyone is doing okay?

Sorry for the lack of personals this time,I'm in my phone.
Had my first scan today to check if my lining is ready for transfer. Today is day 14 of elleste solo 2mg 4 times a day, and my lining is 8.6mm so we are ready to go! Booked transfer for Wednesday 11th. So need to start the 'delightful' progesterone pessaries tonight. Xx

#19 ·
Cakebaby, that's great news. Wow, that's so soon. 8.6 is a great lining too.

I had my scan as well. All looking good. They think I might surge over the weekend but have another scan on Monday just in case I don't. We signed consents for a single embryo transfer, but speaking to them, everyone was very blasé about a double transfer which has got me thinking again. I've asked to speak to the embryologist about it as I'm still really unsure.

Hope everyone else is well. All set for another lovely Weekend, enjoy ladies.
Gtx

#20 ·
hello
ladies please can I ask for some advise, I’m due to transfer a 3 day Fet  on the 11/7 and I’ve asked for 2 to be transferred but a doctor at the clinic has called and they have suggested thawing all my embryos and getting them to 5 blasts and just transferring Tehran 1 embryo.
I don’t know much about 5 day blast and I’m if it will give me a better change
Any advise welcome
Thank you  Leah

#21 ·
Hi Leah,
So as I understand it, it can be easier to tell which embryos are better at day 5, it's not guaranteed that they will last to day 5 so there is some risk involved but if you have a few good looking day 3 embryos it's a chance for them to see which looks the best after they've HD a couple more days to develop. That being said plenty of women have gotten pregnant from poor looking day 3 embryos and many haven't been so lucky with good looking day 5 blasts.
How many do you have? Its a matter for you at the end of the day but percentage wise (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) 5 day blasts have a better success rate.
Hope this helps.
Gtx

#22 ·
!!! I tested positive on the Opt today. I'm day 10. I usually get a positive day 14 so not expecting it. Its worried me a bit, but Dr did say yesterday he expected me to surge over the weekend because folie was 'nice and juicy!'
Which means I will probably transfer in Friday. Wow, that was quick. I'm a bit scared..

#23 ·
Greatexpectations- wow that’s amazing! Good luck for next week. I’m still on down reg, had my bleed and just waiting for scan on Tues. this whole process is just excruciatingly slow... I feel so behind everyone else, not likely to transfer for at least another 3 weeks yet. X

#24 ·
Same here ducky! This cycle is going long because of EC last cycle but I monitored my surge so should have AF early next week.

I’m hoping the lining grows quick though so I can do ET before our holiday so I don’t have to travel back. Either way looking forward to having rest around ET.
I’m doing a mix of 2 pesseries and 1 lubion so I can swim whilst on holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Happy Monday ladies.
Kezv I really do think the waiting (at any stage) is the worst! Hopefully everything will come around quickly for you.

Ducky good luck with your scan tomorrow. The waiting can feel like forever but I bet it will be time, for transfer before you know it and then a whole lot more waiting!

Afm I went for another scan today. The Dr wanted to check my lining as it was only 6.4 on Friday.....it hasn't changed a bit! It's never great, last cycle was 7.1 but on the cycle I got pregnant with my daughter it was only 6.5mm so having gone through all my notes and convincing the Dr its never going to be great they agreed to continue with transfer on Friday Phew! It is tripple lined so hopefully is OK.
So I'm waiting for the time for transfer and going to keep busy to take my mind off it.

How is everyone else doing today?

Gtx

#26 ·
Hi ladies,

greatexpectations, great to hear you have a ET date! So exciting!

KezV, when are you going on holiday and are going anywhere nice?

Ducky1, be happy to still be in your little bubble. The 2ww is the worst part!

AFM, 6dp5dt today. My boobs got a little sore overnight and I'm feeling queasy at times. My holiday is over, I need to go back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to OTD but I'm also terrified it'll be a BFN and than that's it after all these years and all these attempts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.